FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is FriHost Growing Fast?

ChunkyBustout
Is it just me or is FriHost growing quite a bit? When I used to do a search of new posts I usually got 2-3 pages of new posts. Now, I get 8-15! Maybe folks are just more talkative now but I also noticed a lot of new names. Either way, I think this is good for everyone - the more users using FriHost, the more income generated for Bondings = better service for the users!

Everybody's happy!
Jack_Hammer
I just installed the Beta Firefox (And with it I Added on the Ad-block (How the hell did I live before AdBlock?!)), but anyway my point is I don't see the adds anymore (Shame for Bondings) but anyway, backt o the topic at hand (Yes I am waffling a bit but ignore the rubbish) erm, yes I think FriHost is getting bigger and more popular I know a fair few people have left but as the new request forum obviously displays that I think that there are a lots more people trying to get free hosting whether they be spammers (Which I have seen a lot round before I left) but with that I think there are also a lot of good people that saw a good opertunity,
Donutey
yea, it does seem to be growing, especially after the switch to a less manuel sign up process.
dan751
(offtopic) Jack_Hammer. Guess what, You're in violation of Bondings TOS if your blocking the ads that he has added to the forums. Everytime anyone of us clicks on the ad, a portion of the revenue goes to Bondings, and that's how he can afford this wonderfull service to us for FREE. If everyone of us blocks his ads, he won't get paid, and it will no longer be a FREE hosting, rather a paid hosting. Now, you don't want that do you?? I highly recommend you stop blocking these ads immediately!(/offtopic)
gonzo
Jack_Hammer wrote:
I just installed the Beta Firefox (And with it I Added on the Ad-block (How the hell did I live before AdBlock?!)), but anyway my point is I don't see the adds anymore (Shame for Bondings) ,

That's not in the spirit of our implied contract. True I use AdBlock+ in firefox, but I use WhiteListing, a feature you're missing out on.

AdBlock+ allows Bonding's site ads to load BUT has the option to hide them from YOUR view. Bondings "rakes" in the cash and you don't have to suffer the annoyance.

Play fairly!

Combine:

AdBlock+
http://bene.sitesled.com/install.htm

and Filterset.G updater
https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1136

and RIP
http://RIP.mozdev.org

for best effect.

http://megaupload.com/?d=7LW2WFSY

Everybody can win this time.
n0obie4life
IMHO, those people that use adblockers on this website should have their hosting suspended.

Cmon, you are getting FREE hosting in return for visiting the forums. Bondings LIVES on the ADS!!!!!!

If everyone blocked ads, Bondings would have to have FRIHost shut down, then we would have lost GREAT hosting!!!
littlegiant
Quote:
Is it just me or is FriHost growing quite a bit?

This forum is definitely taking off. Well, the more the merrier.
psycosquirrel
I just hope Frihost does not become so overwhelmed that they cannot provide hosting. I actually had 2 friends of mine sign up for Frihost after they found out I used it, and I am sure they have told friends...

As long as Frihost still remains a friendly community, I would love to see it grow more.
blackant
well, I guess it is good so that we can have place to post replies etc.
Win win for everyone. Wink
Helios
Yea, like.. holy shit..

I'm with frihost probably since it's beginning and hell.. frihost now is a damn big beast =D
budazz
Helios wrote:
Yea, like.. holy shit..

I'm with frihost probably since it's beginning and hell.. frihost now is a damn big beast =D

yeah it's very big community...

this community is the BIGGEST AMONG THE REST

gimme a hell yeah Exclamation Cool
supersonic
I think it is the quality of the web service. They offer a lot of good thing for a free web service. It is a lot better than the service I use to use. It is even better than some web hosts that you have to pay for. Go Frihost!
Nameless
I think Frihost *must* be growing quickly for how big it is and how long it has (or rather, hasn't) been around. It's because Frihost provides such a great service compared to others. And with the forums, the more people there are the more posting there is, which encourages more posting which encourages MORE posting, all the while more people signing up... it's like a vicious circle, but without the vicious part. Like a self-perpetuating circle of posting.
gonzo
n0obie4life wrote:

If everyone blocked ads,

Did you completely miss the point of my previous reply or are you trying on your new troll suit? Whitelisting benefits everyone.
n0obie4life
gonzo wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

If everyone blocked ads,

Did you completely miss the point of my previous reply or are you trying on your new troll suit? Whitelisting benefits everyone.

No I didn't.

I meant it as in, IF. IF IF IF IF IF.

Dictionary.com wrote:
1. In the event that: If I were to go, I would be late.
2. Granting that: If that is true, what should we do?
3. On the condition that: She will play the piano only if she is paid.
2. Although possibly; even though: It is a handsome if useless trinket.
3. Whether: Ask if he plans to come to the meeting.
4. Used to introduce an exclamatory clause, indicating a wish: If they had only come earlier!

Okay?
gonzo
n0obie4life wrote:

Okay?

Razz

Very Happy

Hey you're not sporting the fan club avatar anymore...

Shocked
darrell
more and more people are joining
mikecoyne83
well when you are giving away free webspace that will obviously help. Plus they enforce a rule that says you have to post up to 10 points. So you get alot of people like me that site here and post so they can get their 10.
RosenCruz
sure it is
planet
* da geezer gets redfaced and hurridly turns off his Adblock while mumbeling* "schiit didn't know there were nice ads to be seen".
AHHHH much better,, thankee =))
GiLaD
Helios wrote:
Yea, like.. holy shit..

this guy is right. lolz, they even added a new dirctadmin server.
i think growing up is never a bad thing... Rolling Eyes
dan751
I have been with Frihost for little over a month, and in that time, it has gained over 1000 users! So, yes, Frihost is growing really fast.
Zaheer Khan
frihost is growing fast. when i joined the forum it had 500 and ... members but now you can see the number of members here. frihost is a good service prviding many features free Smile
tidruG
Obviously, Frihost is growing like a monster feeding on the sun. It's probably because very few other free hosts actually provide service in comparison to us. (I searched through quite a lot of free hosts before selecting Frihost when I first registered here, so I know what I'm talking about).

Off-topic:
To end the debate over the use of ad-blockers, I'm going to quote the Frihost TOS. I think y'all should know what this means... it's pretty plain English:
Quote:
[size=10]Rules and restrictions:
6. The use of regular banner blockers (not pop-up blockers) is forbidden while 'being active' on our forums. Simply deactivate them while browsing our website.
Chap
im newbie on the Frihost...But damn what a big forum in here i had looked around and seen alot of use post's i can use on my trial for my HP Building with PHP.... Thx all user's on the Frihost Forum