FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Final Fantasy 13

driftingfe3s
My brother got the game for the PS3 a week after it came out and I started playing it soon after he got it. I've only got a couple of hours in it and I don't feel compelled to finish playing it. It seems so different from other traditional Japanese RPGs and I geuss I'm a little thrown off by that and so far the story seems weird and a bit hard to follow and the characters are a bit annoying.

Has anyone else played Final Fantasy 13 yet or has beat it? Does anyone know if it gets any better if I continue playing?
PureReborn
Watched my friend play it for a bit and it seem really boring. Just running down the single path and the combat system isn't that interesting. Personally I lost interest in FF after 10, it's like they are regressing the series backwards while other JRPGs are growing (Tales, Persona etc)
bjornhoogeveen
I want it too! But I only have a PC... Maybe a emulator would do the trick for me Smile
QrafTee
bjornhoogeveen wrote:
I want it too! But I only have a PC... Maybe a emulator would do the trick for me Smile
There isn't going to be a 360/PS3 emulator in a long, long while.

Also, the game is beautiful... but rather bland to play. I have 4 friends who started the game and none of them has yet finished--they all started a month after the game was released.
driftingfe3s
QrafTee wrote:
bjornhoogeveen wrote:
There isn't going to be a 360/PS3 emulator in a long, long while.

Also, the game is beautiful... but rather bland to play. I have 4 friends who started the game and none of them has yet finished--they all started a month after the game was released.

Sounds disappointing, I don't know if I'll ever finish the game myself. My friend just bought it as well and has the same complains as me. Hopefully he passes where I got to so I can get more feedback on the game.
Covert-Waffles
I really tried to immerse myself into FF XIII, I was going to play this game from start to finish, get everything I could and learn all about the story line. After about 6 hours or so in, I started to lose interest. What pushed me over the edge to stop, was I ran into a spot where I couldn't beat the enemies, so I just stopped....

Maybe I will pick it up again soon, but having a game like Battlefield Bad Company 2, or Modern Warfare 2, just makes it that much harder.
amperx
hmm havent had problems playing ff13, although i just stopped, and rather jst played armred core with my pals, ill probably be back playing ff13 when im bored lol..

and about its new battle system, i think it was way better than ff12's
The-Nisk
It doesn't really qualify as a Final Fantasy, the one sword in the game is at least 5 feet too short Razz

But seriously, I love FF, but this one I can't finish either, I got pretty far and did get interested....but still didn't get a chance to finish it=/
Starrfoxx
I have a PS3, but I don't have this game yet. I need to finish X-2 and 12 first, though.
rayxzero
I hope they port this game to PC. I love playing final fantasy series.
trung23
The FF XIV is even more Boring, time-consuming... The graphic is worse than the previous. Square enix is worse and worse