FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Would you break up with someone to pursue your dreams?

Denvis
Removed.
Magicman
I hate to be cliched but if the person you are with is actually the right person, then they shouldn't want you to forget about your dream opportunity just for them. However, you really need to decide whether the relationship is worth giving up your dream.
apple
In the same line of thought as Magicman. If the person is the one for you there should be no choice to be made. I would talk it over with them (even tho I know I'm taking the job). Cause sometimes when you have something good you don't mind waiting for it Embarassed
zacky
Denvis wrote:
Let's say you were offered a once in a life time job which in result would lead you to something you've always wanted. Fame, riches whatever. You know you can't juggle relationship with work. There's not enough time. It's either one or the other. Do you leave your partner and accept that job offer or stay with your partner and reject the offer?

Personally, I'd take a break from the relationship and go for it. What would you do?

It's really easy if you already read the book about "Law of Attraction".. - seeking the opportunity!

The answer is REJECT THE OFFER... but there is a conflict depending on the situation.

Now why REJECT? simple answer,

"A good job shouldn't affect the time and relationship with you family and love ones"

Money can't buy love as some songs said. If you only work for your self, you will accept it, but if you work for your love ones and family, you will reject it. If you work for them, you know that they are the one, the reason, why you should work. Now what's the point if you will leave them and having some problems later with your relationship with your family.

Now what i'm talking about conflict or depending to the situation? Let say, you have so many children, your not that rich, and you have some relatives who need some help in terms of financial thing.

Sometimes you need to sacrifice something for the sake of a lot of people. If you leave your family, but leaving will result to help a lot of person. Then choose to leave but make sure, your love ones truly understand why you need to go.
Insanity
It depends on what the dream is and the quality of your relationship. It depends on if the person you're with is really someone special, i.e. you would/are marrying them.
deanhills
Denvis wrote:
Let's say you were offered a once in a life time job which in result would lead you to something you've always wanted. Fame, riches whatever. You know you can't juggle relationship with work. There's not enough time. It's either one or the other. Do you leave your partner and accept that job offer or stay with your partner and reject the offer?

Personally, I'd take a break from the relationship and go for it. What would you do?
I would try my best to have both. It is always possible to juggle relationships with work. Probably would depend on how good the relationship is to begin with, and how the other person feels about it as well.

To play devil's advocate here. What happens if you break up your relationship for that job, it does not work out, and you have to return back to mother earth? If you were the other person, and someone had broken up with you for a job, would you take that person back?
macky
for me taking the opportunity if you really want it. If were not yet get married or she also need to

achieve her goals and dreams then i will tell you my partner that we need you achieve first the opportunity before anything else.

for me it's really okay if you will grab the opportunity as long as your partner understand why you need to go. Why you need to leave her.
jilbs
we see this situation in movies most of the time and the story teller always choose the relationship over opportunity. - this is the perfect world.

however, there are very less people who does that in real life. most people now are practical in terms of these kind of decision.

Just saying.
apple
Insanity wrote:
It depends on what the dream is and the quality of your relationship. It depends on if the person you're with is really someone special, i.e. you would/are marrying them.

Now this is the way to look at it...
Pick the one that makes what you want for your life (long term) more achievable.
Some have spoken about love and stuff but seriously....how happy and in love can you be when the cupboard is bare and the water & electricity have been turned off?

While I completely understand being in love and stuff, there comes a point that you must ask yourself...Is love enough?? Can you see yourself telling your kids...'can't take you to the dentist today cause I chose love instead of money'. Yes its not the best example but the reason I typed it is to provoke you to look at this from all angles.
natilovesmike
well it certainly depends on how you feel about your partner and what you want in life. For a long time I thought that I nly wanted to focus in my career but after a few years I realized it was so lonely and worthless...so now I care more about my family...because they make my life fuller...I do have a job and I love what I do...but my priority is my family...thats what make me happy.
Insanity
I just want to add in my two cents and say that I don't think there's only one person out there for everyone. Otherwise, it would be a pretty big coincidence that everyone who gets married finds that right person when there are so many people in the world. If the job offer is really good, you can take a break from the relationship, and if that doesn't wrk out, there's plenty of fish in the sea. I think it's ultimately a personal decision and very subjective.
awahab
Would be a foolish thing to do...
iyepes
The right person would share you dreams, so you don't have to leave him/her because decissions are taken by both of you.

Is different when you have a relationship without commitment, so leaving is not an issue and you elect a job over a person, because that person really doesn't mean much to you.
camperkid
I am the main character in my life. Sorry... But I will always let you know what you are signing up for, cause I'm pretty honest about these kind of things.
rogue_skydragon
Don't let any girl keep you from achieving your dreams.
You gotta look out for number one.
Bluedoll
I think any choice is simply a matter of values. In other words what you deem most important in your heart. If you really value your dream then that is what you have to go for. On the other hand if your relationship is the most important thing in your life then you need to hang on to that which could be in essence your most cherished dream.

I would personally want both. If I really needed to go to something and make a break for a while then I would hope the relationship was strong enough to survive the absence or possibly be rekindled at a later time. If that was not possible then I would hope for the best in life both for myself and my partner of the past.
macky
Denvis wrote:

hi,

similar to me as of the moment...

i always tell to my girl friend it is for our own future and it is for our own good... we have to trust

and continue our communication with each other... no, you shouldn't break your relationship with

her...if you do really love her fight and go for it...