FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My account has been suspended?

phileplanet
I was just checking my site and i got this message:
Quote:
This Account has Been Suspended
Most likely reason for this is service misuse. Please contact the administrator/staff as soon as possible.

Did I do something wrong?
Simulator
Well what was your site about
phileplanet
Simulator wrote:

It was a gallery of my work like graphic design and flash and i put a couple of videos up there.
dragonflame
phileplanet wrote:
Simulator wrote:

It was a gallery of my work like graphic design and flash and i put a couple of videos up there.

I hope it gets worked out Crying or Very sad
Simulator
What type of Videos?
phileplanet
Simulator wrote:
What type of Videos?

3 russell peters videos, a commercial, and some kung foo soccer video.
Simulator
If you didn't make them you can't put them up, anything copyrighted is not allowed
phileplanet
Simulator wrote:
If you didn't make them you can't put them up, anything copyrighted is not allowed

I don't think it's copyrighted. But i'm not sure 100% sure.

By the way, we're not supposed to have refferal links in our sigs. I gave you a click though Very Happy
Simulator
phileplanet wrote:
Simulator wrote:

I don't think it's copyrighted. But i'm not sure 100% sure.

By the way, we're not supposed to have refferal links in our sigs. I gave you a click though Very Happy

I put the wrong sig in....
If you didn't make things like that you can't have them on it, unless Bondings gives you the OK for it
phileplanet
Simulator wrote:

I put the wrong sig in....
If you didn't make things like that you can't have them on it, unless Bondings gives you the OK for it

So what do I do now?
Simulator
Pray that Bondings will let you still have it, but you will have to take the videos down,
phileplanet
Simulator wrote:
Pray that Bondings will let you still have it, but you will have to take the videos down,

If I get permission for it then I can keep it regarless of what Bondings says or do I still need his approval?
Simulator
Well, it depends, Like my site, I do Image Galleries and Blogs for people but, it says that that is not allowed on the TOS and FAQ, but I have done it in such a way that Bondings has allowed me too, so, he might, he is a really nice guy, So it really depends, and anyway you could always have it so that its not hosted on the Frihost Servers, but on a dump server. And If Bondings says NO then that is it
phileplanet
Simulator wrote:
Well, it depends, Like my site, I do Image Galleries and Blogs for people but, it says that that is not allowed on the TOS and FAQ, but I have done it in such a way that Bondings has allowed me too, so, he might, he is a really nice guy, So it really depends, and anyway you could always have it so that its not hosted on the Frihost Servers, but on a dump server. And If Bondings says NO then that is it

Ooooooooooooooookay.
Bondings
Phileplanet, your account was suspended because you were hosting 3 hosting 3 Russell Perters comedy videos on your website. I really doubt you own the copyright of those videos.
phileplanet
Bondings wrote:
Phileplanet, your account was suspended because you were hosting 3 hosting 3 Russell Perters comedy videos on your website. I really doubt you own the copyright of those videos.

If I get permission to put them on my site, would I still be suspended?
Bashur
Erm, good luck with that.
akastud
phileplanet wrote:
Bondings wrote:

If I get permission to put them on my site, would I still be suspended?

Its just better to remove these files from your site. And convince Bondings that you will never do it again Wink
n0obie4life
I've never seen a person, hosting copyrighted files, and getting suspended. And unsuspended, but I wish you luck.
dragonflame
if the files were linked from another server, would that be ok?
budazz
dragonflame wrote:
if the files were linked from another server, would that be ok?

it is not allowed also..
phileplanet
So will I get my account back?
dragonflame
phileplanet wrote:

have you removed the said files? (I am assuming at this point that you still have pm and ftp access...)
phileplanet
dragonflame wrote:
phileplanet wrote:

have you removed the said files? (I am assuming at this point that you still have pm and ftp access...)

I'm not sure of what you mean by pm. If you mean i got access to private messages then yes. Oh and I don't have ftp access or the regular web page access thing.
n0obie4life
phileplanet wrote:

n0obie4life wrote:
I've never seen a person, hosting copyrighted files, and getting suspended. And unsuspended, but I wish you luck.

Read.
budazz
at least he learn his lesson Sad
4f
I always receive e-mails from admin
to say that I haven't been active for days
you may like me Rolling Eyes
Bondings
phileplanet wrote:

Ok, this is maybe not a good idea, but I'll give your account back. Please remove all those movies and links immediately.
webapp
See the problem is a lot of materials are copyrighted stuff...........images / videos/games etc .....You can't put them on your website just because you are a fan/ thinks it is funny..........

If the original copyright owner complains it usually will be to the ISP/hosting provider now since it is hosted on frihost it comes back to them.............

According to TOS you cannot do it.....since it is always a headache trying to sort out issues with these copyright holders.......

Some of them don't think but just SUE for damages.....

You better get it off your website convince Bondings you are not going to use it...... Just in case you get permissions from original owners then you need to put a disclaimer / permission on your website......

Hope this explains....