FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


What do girls think about dating younger guys?





loyal
Hey.

Just interested in knowing about a cultural habit of people. What do you girls think about going for a guy who's between 1 and 3 years younger than you? If not, WHY?

Peace.
Joshwa
It depends on the age.

For example, it would be widely accepted for a 40 year old woman to date a man 1-3 years younger than she is (so a man that is 37-39 years old). It would be not-so-accepted for a 16 year old to be dating a 13 year old (though 14 is slightly better, and 15 is likely alright).

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about age too much. 1-3 years is "pocket change" to to speak, and should be one of the last things on your mind. The important part is a connection - emotionally and physically. If you have that, then I say go for it.
zacky
loyal wrote:
Hey.

Just interested in knowing about a cultural habit of people. What do you girls think about going for a guy who's between 1 and 3 years younger than you? If not, WHY?

Peace.


I'm not a girl but my ex. girlfriend before told me once about it. Well She said that she feels that she acting like a rapist.. Laughing out loud.. hahahhaha.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But to be serious yah as she said, she don't feel the masculine thing that she looks into the guy in terms of physical appearance.

Then when it comes to mentality, she said that girls think 3 years advance to the guys who has the same age of them.

I searched for it if it is true, and i found out that it's because girls tend to watch soap Opera's and reading some novels about relationships.

But let me clear what i said earlier, girls on think in advance when it comes to relationships, house keeping and all of the stuffs that girls usually doing but not all things.
loyal
Joshwa wrote:
It depends on the age.

For example, it would be widely accepted for a 40 year old woman to date a man 1-3 years younger than she is (so a man that is 37-39 years old). It would be not-so-accepted for a 16 year old to be dating a 13 year old (though 14 is slightly better, and 15 is likely alright).

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about age too much. 1-3 years is "pocket change" to to speak, and should be one of the last things on your mind. The important part is a connection - emotionally and physically. If you have that, then I say go for it.


It is true that when you're middle aged, age doesn't matter as much. But I still don't see a valid reason for girls in their twenties to reject guys who are only a couple of years younger.

zacky wrote:

But to be serious yah as she said, she don't feel the masculine thing that she looks into the guy in terms of physical appearance.

Then when it comes to mentality, she said that girls think 3 years advance to the guys who has the same age of them.


I think that might be one of the reasons. But it's not exactly true, is it? A guy who's 20 could either be very mature and serious, or quite immature and not ready to take on responsibilites.

Peace.
metalfreek
If both boy and girl are comfortable with each other the I don't see any reason not to date each other. But talking about the culture in my country, usually girls' with age less then boy is preferred. Most of the boys here try to find girls 2/3 years younger then him if not the girl with equal age is also accepted. Here, younger boys usually don't date with girls older then them.
crimson_aria
for me, I would rather not date someone younger. maybe it's the level of maturity (as mentioned above), I know it varies, it's just that my preference is someone older. but I don't really believe age matters much. if that someone is younger and the feelings are there, why not.
mugundhan
Age is not important.
It depends on Boy and girls mindset
Afaceinthematrix
I haven't dated a girl that was younger than me since I was 18 with a 17-year-old girlfriend. I prefer girls much older than me to be honest.

After I broke up the girl who was 17 (although by the time I broke up with her, she was also 18), I began looking at older women. By 18, I began looking for girls that were in the age range of 18-25.

When I was 19, I began looking at the range of 19-25.

Now I only look for girls 21+. I want a girl in her 20's that is at least 21 because I want a girl who can go to bars and drink legally. I do not want to worry about her not being able to drink. I prefer to date girls who are 2-3 years older than me. Although I do set limits. I do not think I would want to date a girl more than five years older than me.

People say that I am weird... But whatever... Those people probably have only dated "girls" and not "women." Once you're 20-22 and you've dated girls that are around 25, you don't really want to look at 18-year-old girls anymore... Something happens to women when they get to a certain age... They completely change and things that they used to care about that always annoyed guys just tend to change. You no longer have to be a jock - girls will actually start looking at you for who you are (probably because they're starting to look for serious relationships and they want people who will be able to take care of business).
loyal
Afaceinthematrix wrote:

Once you're 20-22 and you've dated girls that are around 25, you don't really want to look at 18-year-old girls anymore... Something happens to women when they get to a certain age... They completely change and things that they used to care about that always annoyed guys just tend to change. You no longer have to be a jock - girls will actually start looking at you for who you are (probably because they're starting to look for serious relationships and they want people who will be able to take care of business).


So it's a sort of maturation? They look for real things and not short term flings, etc?
And that's why the ones who've interacted with don't mind dating someone a few years younger?

It does seem to be maturity or synchronicity of thoughts/values that seems to concern people when they consider dating someone younger.

Peace.
LittleBlackKitten
Before I got married, I personally didn't mind dating younger guys, but they are most definetly not "marriage" material. They're more the "have fun with a little brother" kind of thing. Most younger guys jsut haven't been through enough to truly 'get' what love really is and how to really treat a woman. I'm not saying all younger guys are all bumbling fools; some can be very sweet; but they simply haven't hit enough brick walls, haven't lost, haven't gained, haven't adapted, haven't fought to keep, haven't fought to lose, haven't understood what 'real' love is. Most young guys would list off emotions and heart-felt items when asked what 'love' is. Older guys sometimes get it; love is not an emotion it isn't a feeling; it's a simple as a tree that's grown so big, the fence beside it is a part of that tree, and there is no going back. It's a rope that ties people together, it's a bond, a soul of one within two, it's hydrogen and oxygen pairing in water, it's a promise that you will always be there no matter what. Love isn't the warm fuzzy feeling; that's a side effect.

So if I weren't married right now, would I consider a younger man? Only if I wanted some short time 'fun'. I wouldn't if I wanted a keeper.
airh3ad
If im a girl i will admit that I have always had a jealous nature, and I also worry about my looks compared to that of a year old, so it has been hard for me to handle the age difference - I knew it would be, and at the beginning of the relationship, I was just in it for the fun of dating a younger guy.Then my heart started getting involved
I think this is good it was the combination of the energetic action in the bedroom and the nights we would make up fairy tales to tell each other as we would fall asleep, combined with the fact that he treated me so incredible. Now when I get nervous about the age difference and all the hot younger girls that he could be dating instead of me I realize it is all about taste.
iyepes
1 to 3 years younger is not too much, you can consider than man contemporary to you. Maybe when it's more than 10 years it could be an issue, because the both of you belong to diferent generations.

However, in cultural terms people make bad comments on women dating younger men, I disagree about it, but they are a legacy of the patriarcal society we live in.
macky
it is just a normal because me and my girl has the same age gap it doesn't matter as long as we

are happy together...
chic4u03
well i will respect all of you.coz we are all ahve different point of views base on experienced.for me age does not matter i think.as long they are not for fun it's a real love..coz i've been almost in a relationship that all my guys are younger than me.just like im 7 yrs. older to my bf but u know at their age they are more mature than me & theu can handle good relationship,but i probably want a older guy.now im married with an older guy,he is 10 years older than me...so i will say it is okay if its younger than you as long it is a love not for fun i think...that is my own opinion..
Greatking
Dating a younger guy means you get to party all the time, party all the time, party all the time. I have noticed cycles in my life, I'll party when I'm in college (Auckland, Kamloops) and then there are periods where there is no partying really...like since May last year till three months ago.


The thing is, as ashamed as I am to admit it, I do like to get my drink on and have a good time. So it's beyond cool, to me, that I found someone who is as up for it as I am. No longer do I feel like a lush at lunchtime when I order a ceaser, cuz he will order a beer. When I suggest "Jagerbomb? Wanna do shots? Wanna get shitfaced?" he just nods and does it. And he WANTS me there with him, shooting those things back.


I guess it comes down to the fact that he is also a Rockstar and well he parties like a Rockstar, as does the rest of his band. Good times and it keeps me young lol.


When you date a younger guy, you are the older woman. This usually means (at least in my case it does) that they think it's super cool that they landed a really hot older woman (yeah, yeah just two years, but give me a break). Which in turn means they revere you and are in awe of the fact that they even got a smoking hot babe like yourself. Very important.

When they complain about how they are getting older and don't know what they are doing with their lives, you can just pat them on the head and give a knowing sigh.
vidafenomenal
it's nothing weared. Does age matter yet now?
sjenneh
I'd personally prefer someone who's older.
Although I have dated someone who was 1 yr my junior (not that bad)
Heck, even my dad's 4 (!) years younger than my mom and they get along great. (been together for 30 yrs now)
maxxypane
Well, I'm 1 year and 2 two months younger than my girl friend. Once she was told me that she's the lucky girl. Because normally in a relationship guys are older than girls. But you are younger than me and also you are good looking. I'm so lucky.
PScript
loyal wrote:
Hey.

Just interested in knowing about a cultural habit of people. What do you girls think about going for a guy who's between 1 and 3 years younger than you? If not, WHY?

Peace.


you're asking the wrong question..
how and where can i get myself a nice milf lol

Very Happy
Related topics
FunMasterz
Girl advice
Do good dancing skills make a person more attractive?
Am i being too jealous ?
Why is it always the guys asking the girls?
The girl i adored likes my best friend...
do you know Jay chou's songs
What is the best way to split up?
how to get over someone
Does age matters in relationship?
May-December Affairs
younger guys and older grls
Asian guys with white girls?
Yet anouther age problem...
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Relationships

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.