FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who to Host with?

Neilos
Hi I am intending on building my website on frihost for now but will intend to upgrade to a paid subscription in the future, What I want is hosting and email. Which company is a good company to choose? Cheap and reliable. I doubt I will get a lot of traffic but maybe I'll get a bit, it will mainly be images and text though, no apps or videos.

Thanks

Neilos
fladry
you better google it rather than starting a thread on forum of another host provider.
k_s_baskar
Suggesting other hosting company is againts to T&C of frihost. so better google it as fladry told.
Smile
dude_xyx
I don't think any cheap web hosting provider can give you a better service than here unless you want more web space or bandwidth. If your site needs more than 10GB Bandwidth then probably your sites need a VPS rather than another shared hosting service.
ChrisCh
There are some other free ones which give more storage and bandwidth than FriHost, but the reliability simply wasn't there. For example, I was recently using one (mostly for testing) in addition to my FriHost hosting, and one day they miraculously decided to change over the server MySQL database settings - and rather than run a script to simply allow the old credentials to work, I instead discovered the change when my entire site on there was displaying "database error". They have a page on how to fix it on their website, but during their changes, they also mucked up their cPanel access - so I can't login to fix it (and they were also unwilling to correct that issue either)... And as phpMyAdmin could only be accessed on there from behind cPanel, the entire site became utterly useless, and I would have been completely screwed if I didn't have a database backup!

The way I see it, it's either FriHost or paid hosting - I wouldn't trust any of the other free hosting companies to reliably serve my production sites (only for testing and backups) Smile
the-guide
dude_xyx wrote:
I don't think any cheap web hosting provider can give you a better service than here unless you want more web space or bandwidth. If your site needs more than 10GB Bandwidth then probably your sites need a VPS rather than another shared hosting service.

100% AGREE with "dude_xyx", I think "Frihost" is enough for normally websites. Wink