You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Kimi rues errors post title defeatAdd to Clippings

SAO PAULO, Sep 26: Kimi Raikkonen admitted that he and his McLaren team were to blame for losing the world title and called for the team to cut down on errors next season.

Raikkonen finally saw rival Fernando Alonso secure the title at the Brazilian Grand Prix on Sunday when the Renault driver continued his metronomic reliability to come home third and put the championship out of reach.

Alonso, who has won six races so far this year, built up an early championship lead and stayed ahead by picking up podiums while Raikkonen raced either to victory or into retirement in recent Grands Prix.

The Finn has suffered numerous crucial car and engine failures this season and he admitted: "We lost it this year but there's no point in worrying about the problems we had because it's not going to change anything.

"It wasn't perfect for me or for the team but unfortunately those things happen in racing. We will try to minimise them for the future and now we try to win it next year.

"For him and for Renault it was a good year, he definitely deserves it. Whoever has the most points at the end of the season or before the end of the season deserves it and I don't have anything bad about it."
I Wish to has saw this race, I Live here in Sao Paulo ^^
But costed much money X.X this kill everyone

I Knowed that Fernando Alonso will win the champiomship of this year, had maked many time that i dont de happy with a F1 Winner, I Dont like Michael Schumacher, and I dont be familirizated with Kimi Raikkonen. Fernando Alonso is Young, Interprid, Speedous, and has started at F1 in a little racing Team: Minardi Cosworth.

For Me Fernando Alonso it deserved the Championship. And i wait that he wins more and more.

And Another Thing: The Finland had some champion trophys with Mika Hakkinen and Keke Rosberg. This is the First Championship trophy to Spain. Congratulations!!!
kimi sux no offence!!! Alonso will become the next schumacher
I would like to see both Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen driving the same car.

I think Alonso is the best driver after Michael Schumacher...
Hoogeveense RAT
I think Alonso is the best driver after Raikkonen. M. Schumacher is not the best dirver, he had the best car.
They are all good but kimmi is the best!
both are very good drivers.MSC isnt very good he had only good car.Kimmi had sometimes bad luck.