FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need a free antivirus

mukesh
Guys my computer have some problem. Reason i have no good antivirus.

I am searching a good free antivirus if possible then give me download link.
Marcuzzo
mukesh wrote:
Guys my computer have some problum. Reason i have no good antivirus.

I am serching a good free antivirus if possible then give me download link.

Try this one , I recommend Avira, but AVG is just as good.
Eskapismus
I'm using Avira Antivir too.
It developed to awesomeness in the last year!
Freakin nice heuristic system and an astonishing detection rate.
I prefer it over others AV that costs money.
Best Antivir on the market in my opinion!
HalfBloodPrince
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good basic option.
chartcentral
I agree with Eskapismus and Marcuzzo regarding Avira, it is great!
AVG may be nearly as good but Avira seems faster in deploying updates to combat new viruses and worms. Smile
hersandal
Avast free Antivirus is a good one to install you personal computer, I even use this utilities on my computer right now. I don't have any problem, it automatically updates your virus lists. No virus can penetrate your computer with this anti virus.
weableandbob
I use Avira, and it's very good, plus it's among the highest ranked antiviruses.
thedinh
weableandbob wrote:
I use Avira, and it's very good, plus it's among the highest ranked antiviruses.

Yes, Avira i alwys use, the bset free antivis for every one, try it.

it will protect your computer for a long life Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
ahnguye5
I've recently uninstalled avg free and installed microsoft security essentials. I think it is more lightweight and it certainly does feel that way. The main difference is a quicker boot up.
mukesh
Avira is not ever certified by Microsoft.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/antivirus-partners/windows-7.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/antivirus-partners/windows-xp.aspx
thedinh
yes, that is only the idea of microsoft,
for free antivirus as my experience, avira is the best
mukesh
ok thx for reply currently using Avast. This is best
Laughing
silverdown
Did not read the replies , i used Free-av.com before i got my Windows 7 PC now u use the norton internet secuirty which i paid for 1year. But i do recommend Free-av.com as a free antivrus.. it never steered me wrong.
[FuN]goku
AVG, Avast, and I could be wrong, but I THINK , that Malwarebytes has a free version of their product, but I could be wrong/
rayxzero
Try Microsoft Essentials its free.
william
I would go with Avira. Avast! and AVG are also pretty good from my experience, and you really can't go wrong with any of these three. However, I like Avira because detection is good but most importantly, it is very light on resources.
tamilparks
which is the latest free very good antivirus software?
k_s_baskar
tamilparks wrote:
which is the latest free very good antivirus software?

Most of Free Antivirus give daily patches.
tamilparks
i need the antivirus name..
bjornhoogeveen
avast anti virus works for me;)
tamilparks
ok thanks i will try
ganjour
Only Avira. Install and forget problems. Reliable as a rock, absolutely durable monitor. Free-of-charge. Avira - the best!
ganjour
rayxzero wrote:
Try Microsoft Essentials its free.

Like hell! Only not for us, users of pirated copies Crying or Very sad
tamilparks
thanks for your valuable tips
alvarorojas4
I recommend Avira, is the best Free antivirus in the entire world. Fast, and Detects a lot of viruses, I don't recommend AVG.
snowboardalliance
william wrote:
I would go with Avira. Avast! and AVG are also pretty good from my experience, and you really can't go wrong with any of these three. However, I like Avira because detection is good but most importantly, it is very light on resources.

Well this topic has inspired me to drop AVG for Avira. I really want something lighter and AVG is working now, but it has enough minor issues that I don't want to use it.
lightwate
So far the best one I've tried is Microsoft Security Essentials. It gets updated alot and you can trust that it's a good antivirus program since it's made by the ones most familiar with the OS, Microsoft.

The second best for me is Avast Antivirus. It's fast and silent Smile

why not set up a poll for this? Very Happy
alugueldelanchaangra
Avira is the best.
mukesh
guys what about Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus????
ProfessorY91
Well here's an article that I trust: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-anti-virus-software.htm
metalfreek
I am using Avast Home Edition. Its free and working great for me. You can download it here.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

BTW you have to fill up a form in their site in order to get a license code. They will send the key for free in your Email. This key will work of 1 year and once it expires, you can ask for another one and that will be free as well.
addife
AVG and avast are very popular. Try them.
ahnguye5
I run Microsoft Security Essentials. From my use, I feel that's it's very lightweight and it does not bother me at all. I can see when it's updating the virus definitions from the icon on the taskbar, no pop-ups or anything. Lightweight and not bothersome are the two main factors for me.

The new MSE Beta has just been released too. Check it out.
ibrahim43
Try Microsoft Essentials (or Avira) its free.
mukesh
ibrahim43 wrote:
Try Microsoft Essentials (or Avira) its free.

Microsoft Essentials performance better then Avast, avira free antivirus.
k_s_baskar
ProfessorY91 wrote:
Well here's an article that I trust: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-anti-virus-software.htm

Wow nice list. i book marked it thanks a lot.
ultimatermof
Avira antivir absolutely.
RuBo
Comodo is another free option...
It also has an Award-Winning Firewall for free.
ahnguye5
I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) for awhile but I've begun to use avast! now. The annoyance that prompted me to switch is that the icon turns red when you haven't "scanned your computer in a while". The reminder is nice but a user shouldn't be bothered if they don't want to scan their computer at the time. I find avast! to be lightweight and stealthy and it seems to have updates to the virus definitions every time I turn on the computer. Or maybe I actually notice because there's a pop-up notification when definitions are updated. I don't find that to be quite an annoyance, maybe because there's a nice ping sound when it happens Laughing
mukesh
guys now a days i study (course) server 2008 (MCITP). So i want to install Server 2008 but problem i have no server 2008 based free antivirus.

So please give ma idea any free antivirus which run on server 2008 operating System.
noocnexus
COMODO all the way for me. I'm using the COMODO Internet security which includes firewall, anti-virus and defense. It has everything I need and more. I like to be able to have full control of the security application I use and COMODO does it.
welshsteve
I would recommend any of the following:

Comodo Internet Security - http://www.comodo.com

avast! Anti Virus - http://www.avast.com

AVG Free - http://free.avg.com

My only experience of Avira wasn't good, but I have heard good things about it, so that's also worth a look.
mukesh
noocnexus wrote:
COMODO all the way for me. I'm using the COMODO Internet security which includes firewall, anti-virus and defense. It has everything I need and more. I like to be able to have full control of the security application I use and COMODO does it.

COMODo support Windows 2008 server?
rjraaz
You should have to try Avast Home edition it is absolutely free of charge for one year after that you will have get new registration.
emanuel2
I have also quite good experience with Avira Antivir free edition.
And if you google, you will find quite fast a solution to block the ad.
Zenk
I;m using avast, doesn't slow down my computer as much. Had kaspersky before, but it lagged my comp :/
portoskt
try Comodo Internet security free edition, that is antivirus and firewall together, good product i think
lovelyviki
Avira is very good, but my computer still appear the phenomenon of a system crash while i am use Avira.
emanuel2
lovelyviki wrote:
Avira is very good, but my computer still appear the phenomenon of a system crash while i am use Avira.

And the system crash only happen when Avira is running? I would never claim a program very good when is crashes my system Smile
welshsteve
mukesh wrote:
noocnexus wrote:

COMODo support Windows 2008 server?

It does support it, but I don't think the business/server solution is free, only the desktop edition
watertube
Try using Avast, it detects all viruses i think :p
uzzy22
Go for Avira
Gh0stw4r
The best antivirus is your good sense. Wink
welshsteve
If you are after another decent free one, I would try out Microsoft Security Essentials. It works really well with Windows, particularly Windows 7, as it should do I guess coming from the same developers as the O/S. I've been running it for a while on a Windows 7 PC at work and it is seemless and does a great job I think.
cybersa
In opinion,Best free anti-virus is Avast.
It is little bit slow.
But really wroth it.
I'm using Avast over 5 years.

I recommend this.
Insanity
I've also heard good things about Microsfot Security Essentials.
kramos
I am using AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2011. For me it is the best antivirus that works for me. It's the best antivirus software i ever had.
flamepjlh
"Guys my computer have some problum. Reason i have no good antivirus.

I am serching a good free antivirus if possible then give me download link."

=====================
I'd prefer avast free antivirus. You can use it for one year and get another licence for free and last forever.
nepalstar
Currently I'm using ESET NOD32 Antivirus...! actually this is not free but you can get program files as well database update very easily just by searching in google.com

It's also easy to update in both ways online update or offline update. for online update you need valid username and password which is easily available in net just search in google.com but most of the sites which provide username and password for ESET NOD32 Antivirus is blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus itself so while searching for Username and Password don't forget to disable the Antivirus temporary...!

I hope this ESET NOD32 Antivirus will work perfectly for you...!
mukesh
Insanity wrote:
I've also heard good things about Microsfot Security Essentials.

yes Microsfot Security Essentials performance better.
SultanMA
Avira is a good one. Just give it a try.

I know, u will love it Smile
flamepjlh
mukesh wrote:
Guys my computer have some problum. Reason i have no good antivirus.

I am serching a good free antivirus if possible then give me download link.

I think Avast will be fit for you.                                 

It is competely free for you.                                   

You can get a free licence for one year.                          

After that you can continue to get another one. So it is completely free.
http://www.avast.com/en-us/free-antivirus-download

Laughing Laughing
ankur209
Definitely Avast !

You can get other good antivirus which are good but are not free (but you can get thm for free on the internet Wink )
mukesh
Avast is really better Microsoft Security essential is also good but have one problem per day required internet connection and OS required genuine. Wink