FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Obsolete jobs

menino
There are a lot of jobs in yesteryears that are obsolete these days. I wonder sometimes about the technical and labourous jobs that we do now, and when they will become obsolete.

Check out this link for obsolete jobs :-
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124251060

I checked it out, but I think some of the jobs are still around, such as milkman, typesetter, etc.
badai
nice.
PureReborn
and as technology improves there will be more and more jobs that becomes obsolete (or outsourced from developed countries to third world countries).

That's why you should pick ur career carefully and go with what you love instead of what makes money right now.
LittleBlackKitten
We have a milk man....We live in a capital city right in the core, almost.
Arty
Soon: Anything to do with newspapers will be obsolete. Readers are pretty much virtually elders who haven't switched to using the internet as news source.
gandalfthegrey
I'm sure there are many more jobs that could be added to that list. I think the question of jobs becoming obsolete is an interesting one. Some people who argue that technology eliminates more jobs than it creates, and that the jobs created by technology are more knowledge intensive and require years of training (and re-training), such as software programmers.
ujjawall
anyone know any online job? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
ChrisCh
Arty wrote:
Soon: Anything to do with newspapers will be obsolete. Readers are pretty much virtually elders who haven't switched to using the internet as news source.

Slightly O/T, but in Australia, News Limited (the country's largest publisher of printed news matter) is slowly trying to restrict their available journalism material online, in the hope that people will actually pay for it (as opposed to simply clicking onto another site)... I personally don't think that it will be a great success, as there are always reliable free news sources, and paying good money to access something I currently enjoy for free isn't particularly appealing! So, in relation to the topic, another potential obsolete job her is the 'digital news reader'. Smile
kharol_016
agree!