FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

cat alarm clocks

socceraggie
My wife and I have 3 cats which I think are wonderful, but they have this annoying habit of waking me up 15 minutes before my alarm is scheduled to go off. Is it possible that they can sense when the alarm is about to go off? Could they possibly know that I'm about to wake up or is it that my body begins to come out of sleep before my alarm because of habit and the cats observe this change in my sleep pattern and react to that.

The things I ponder about these little fur balls when they wake me up at 5 AM.
jwellsy
15 years ago I had an albino ferret that would jump on me to wake me up if I was sleeping through the alarm clock or hit the snooze too many times.

I think what drives a lot of pet behaviors that seem to be driven by what time it is, is their eating/feeding patterns. Their hunger level will let them know when it's about time to eat. And they know what the feeding routine is.
paul_indo
I have four cats and they all sleep in our bedroom.
They always wake up a bit before we do, I'm sure because they know the routine and they like to be ready to hassle you to get their breakfast ASAP. Laughing Laughing
The oldest one is only a year old but seems to be settling down now and content to wait till we get up and I hope the others will also mellow out as they get older, or maybe it's just the different personalities.
They sure ar more trouble when they are young though