FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Database-Change to frihost...

nightys
First sorry, but i cant use the search... (site not found)

so i ask...

can i change with my old mysql-database-safety (backup) complete to this space?

By another site thats doesnt worrks, so the new hp shmashed^^

Any ideas or infos btw this problem?
Fire Boar
I read that five times and I still don't understand what you're asking. Could you try and be a little clearer, or ask someone else to phrase the question if English is not your first language?
AftershockVibe
I think you're asking if it is possible to use a database backup from another host and use it on Frihost. Correct?

If your previous host was using DirectAdmin, then you should be able to load a back up like normal. If not then you might have to unzip (or un-tar) your backup file, and manually execute the .sql files inside using PHPMyAdmin (or similar).

It is possible though... just might be a little fiddly.
jmraker
If the backup is a series of SQL statements or a zip file with a file with sql statements you can import them with phpmyadmin, if they're in another format they might not import.

The phpadmin on frihost can import
    CSV
    Open Document Spreadsheet
    SQL
    Excel 97-2003 XLS Workbook
    Excel 2007 XLSX Workbook
    XML
nightys
Fire Boar wrote:
.... if English is not your first language?

Im so sorry - but thats right, its not my first... Im from good old Germany - and its a long LONG time ago with my (little bit) SHOOL-english, likes "Hello, how do you do... can i have a cup of coffee"^^ Crying or Very sad What i mean has "AftershockVibe" correctly detected (or its called "defined"?), however, look there please (I hope ive write this least correctly and clear enough to understand). So take it easy, because... its not MY language Very Happy

AftershockVibe wrote:
I think you're asking if it is possible to use a database backup from another host and use it on Frihost. Correct?

Thats real, nice that you, btw (least) ONE understands me, despite this broken "International" yackety-yak Smile

..... wrote:

If your previous host was using DirectAdmin, then you should be able to load a back up like normal.

I doesnt know whats "DirectAdmin" btw what you mean with this.
On my old Host, ive used the normals ...phpMyAdmin, MySQL, selfphp, etc.. and the admin-area of my phpkit too (where i can manage and safe or backup the database too).
And with filezilla ive downloaded ALL files + database regularly from the host, include all .sqls - to saved the complete HP.

..... wrote:

If not then you might have to unzip (or un-tar) your backup file, and manually execute the .sql files inside using PHPMyAdmin (or similar).

For almost rookies likes ME - its not just fiddly - its very difficult !! Smile
The Backup-Files are called, or ends, with xxxbackup.sql.GZ - so i think its packed as a win.rar-File... so you means the backup-"typ"? NORMALy, i know, its should or "must" be works... - wouldnt there the import-problem with the other host^^

jmraker wrote:
If the backup is a series of SQL statements or a zip file with a file with sql statements you can import them with phpmyadmin, if they're in another format they might not import.

The phpadmin on frihost can import
    ....SQL....

ALL backup-files are ending at " .sql.GZ "
If i extract (or expand?) the files, there folders + files are called .sql at the end.
But thats the same also by my first host - and by my last host too. But on my first (advertising infested) Host i had never probs to replace or import backups, but by my last, i can NOT install any database-backups... why-ever^^ The reason why i ask for the "database-changing" to the frihost-host (btw so i "TRY" to ask for it..) Rolling Eyes Very Happy ... is - otherwise perhaps i could scrimp me all the other trouble with the new HP, btw before i begin to built it first^^

Perhaps its better i stop my broken declaration attempts now, otherwise youre understand less and lesser from that what i will say Very Happy

Anyway - THANKS all for your Help and statement(s) !

I think i try to change with the database-backups, but first only by the lowest baseconfiguration of the HP. And than - as time goes by.. - i look step by step for the next step - from startup till the end, likes a real brand new rookie^^

So whats else... finally it costs only my TIME, not my money Very Happy

^v^
Fire Boar
So, on your new host, (or where you want to upload the backup), does it have phpMyAdmin available? If so, you can simply use the "import" command. Check that the database exists already, if not you will need to create it, because the .sql.gz files (or .sql) only contain information for creating the tables.
nightys
Thanks Fire Boar,
but maybe its not so simply to import... because phpmyadmin IS available on the last server - but i have this probs to install the backup! My database there is complete empty and i cant install anything there... only ftp-backups works right^^

But by the way, now ill try it here next time

and report it here so its works

- or not works

Very Happy
thedinh
when i use Phpmyadmin to import SQL file, i find it take a long time, if you upload from your local host and try co import by Phpmyadmin, it's no good job,
i can suggest you to use SQL dumper, if your SQL file is creat by Phpmyadmin code, you shouls import in your localhost first, then creat a backup file by SQL Dumper, you can decrese your SQL size, and it takes you less time than you use phpmyadmin.
wowfan
what kind of your data source,
csv,xml or mysql database already?
sonam
Quote:
And with filezilla ive downloaded ALL files + database regularly from the host, include all .sql

If I good understand you have all files (not only sql files) gziped in one file where is also included your sql files. In that case, maybe is better to extract this files in some folder (on your computer) and then upload it separatelly. Then you can controll all database installation (here on frihost) from Direct Admin -> Php my admin -> Import -> Browse (find your data base in created folder).

Direct Admin is control panel from where you can see, upload, download, update, etc. your files on frihost hosting.

Sonam