FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Windows 7 taskbar mouseover

Tony The Tiger
The mode of my Windows 7 taskbar mouseover has changed from preview to list. How do I change it back?
mOrpheuS
Tony The Tiger wrote:
The mode of my Windows 7 taskbar mouseover has changed from preview to list. How do I change it back?

That usually happens if you have too many items under a certain taskbar group.

Other than that, try resetting all "Visual Effects" settings (Advanced system settings -> Advanced -> Performance -> Visual Effects) and re-applying the Aero theme (this will reset any changes made).
Tony The Tiger
mOrpheuS wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

That usually happens if you have too many items under a certain taskbar group.

Other than that, try resetting all "Visual Effects" settings (Advanced system settings -> Advanced -> Performance -> Visual Effects) and re-applying the Aero theme (this will reset any changes made).

I only have two or three items under each group. How do I find Advanced system settings.
Eskapismus
it sometimes happens if you have an old application running which is not compatible to the Windows7 interface. But you should see a warning poppin up in the lower right corner that says the same..
silverdown
I just order a computer with WIN& i hope there is no issue with it lol
Diablosblizz
Tony The Tiger wrote:
I only have two or three items under each group. How do I find Advanced system settings.

Right click Computer then properties in the start bar. This might not fix the issue though, and I'm not entirely sure it will. Is Aero Transparency still enabled or are you using the Windows 7 Basic theme?
Tony The Tiger
Diablosblizz wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Right click Computer then properties in the start bar. This might not fix the issue though, and I'm not entirely sure it will. Is Aero Transparency still enabled or are you using the Windows 7 Basic theme?

I called my Hewlett-Packard tech support line for customer service. It seems that a fix they had enacted a few days earlier had caused the problem. They tinkered with a few settings and all is good again.