FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Worst List Ever

Afaceinthematrix
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_deemed_inappropriate_by_Clear_Channel_following_the_September_11,_2001_attacks

I just came across that link today. Some organization made a list of songs that they deemed to be "lyrically inappropriate" after the 9/11 attacks. This list is a complete joke. I thought I'd post it here because I thought maybe somebody can help me out by maybe giving me an explanation on the justification of putting certain songs on this list:

Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World... By what stretch of the imagination is this song even remotely inappropriate?

Black Sabbath - War Pigs... Since when would an anti-war song be inappropriate? Oh I get it... Bush needed an excuse to go to war and this group was probably tied into him... That's right

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven... How could a song about anti-greed be bad?

Megadeth - Dread and the Fugitive Mind... A song about morality..

Metallica - Ooohhh... It's not like every child in history (since the invention of the sandman story) hasn't been told that story...

Ozzy - Suicide Solution... Doesn't anyone actually listen to the first line of the song and realize that it's about alcohol and not suicide? At least this group got it right once by listing Metallica - Fade to Black which is legitimately about suicide...

Honestly... This is one of the crappiest lists ever. Most of these songs aren't inappropriate and the ones that can be argued to be inappropriate aren't inappropriate because of 9/11... I would have understood if they listed a song like Jihad by Slayer... But, they didn't...
bloodrider
Indeed... Ridiculous crappy list... for god's sake oO
standready
You know a lot of useless crap is put out just to get attention for it's author, That is one for sure.
slashnburn99
Come in live in the UK, the national radio station dont really boycott songs like those, they just dont play them anyway Razz
iman
That's plain stupid.
Even without the 9/11 attacks, so many songs can still be deemed inappropriate. (Hello, explicit lyrics?)
And they're just looking at it from one perspective.
liljp617
Nothing is inappropriate. Just have to find the right crowd Very Happy
Afaceinthematrix
slashnburn99 wrote:
Come in live in the UK, the national radio station dont really boycott songs like those, they just dont play them anyway :P

Well in the U.S., there are a few limitations that radio stations must follow. But other than that, you can usually find a radio station somewhere that will play "inappropriate" stuff. Many of those songs are played on almost all radio stations. Songs like Stairway to Heaven, Enter Sandman, etc. are played on many radio stations. I listen to a hard rock station sometimes and they play Metallica, Ozzy, Zeppelin, Megadeth, and a couple of other metal bands during the day. In the middle of the night, you can hear much more. When I listen in the middle of the night, I can usually even hear Slayer! Occasionally I'll call and request some death metal. Last time I did that, they played Arch Enemy (if you haven't heard of them, I suggest buying/borrowing the album "Wages of Sin" - it is incredible).

iman wrote:
That's plain stupid.
Even without the 9/11 attacks, so many songs can still be deemed inappropriate. (Hello, explicit lyrics?)
And they're just looking at it from one perspective.

I never really understood why explicit lyrics are deemed explicit. People are funny about swear words. To me, it's about the meaning behind the words. People will usually say that calling someone a "jackass" is more offensive than calling them a "big meanie." However, I see them as the same thing because you mean the same thing with them.

And this really has nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks... People just use that as an excuse to push their agenda.

Quote:
Nothing is inappropriate. Just have to find the right crowd

Pretty much... I deem almost nothing inappropriate. And the few things that I do find inappropriate (racial comments are basically the only thing that I draw the line at) are not found inappropriate by many people (which I view as inappropriate).
achowles
This is but one very small example of how the US has done more to make Islamic terrorism a success than Islamic terrorists ever have.
_AVG_
Well, there are always those who undermine rock and metal by calling it "Anti-Christ" or "Satanic". There was a whole era when Black Sabbath were boycotted and deemed as Satan Worshipers, but the most ridiculous claim ever was that ACDC stood for "Anti Christ Devil's Children".

I'm sorry if I'm being offensive here but only a bunch of losers would have the time to come up with such crap. Yup. This list speaks for itself Evil or Very Mad
liljp617
achowles wrote:
This is but one very small example of how the US has done more to make Islamic terrorism a success than Islamic terrorists ever have.

What?
metalfreek
Why would someone put Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World as an inappropriate list. What a crappy list. This is one of the great song of all time.

It is sure that the Man who compiled this list is out of his mind.