FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Designing a template..

speeDemon
Hi!
I may be making a new website, and well, I wanted to get some tips on making a template.
The website is about my school.

I wanted to know which kind of file(JPEG, PNG, SWF, GIF etc.) to use for the Title/Heading/Logo because sometimes image files and even flash files don't load, and if that happens to the Main title image, then well, it'll just look really bad..

Also, should I make different templates for different kind of pages, for example, there may be a page with an embedded video and some comments on the video, and there may be another page with a long article or something. So should I make different templates for such diferent kinds of pages?

Any other tips are also welcomed! By the way, I'm going to use dreamweaver(atleast for the template part, I'm no good with CSS)
milleja46
I recommend gif, or png because swf and jpg might take up alot of space because of the quality and depending on how much is in the swf file. Also use the same type of template for every page, having different ones will repel users.

Hope it helps.
meep
What i usually do is create a basic layout, and then make some div's for specific things, like making a div for long blocks of text, and div's for other kinds of pages (like image gallery).
so the main part of the site look the same, except the content part.

But then again my sites usually got a seperated header from the content, if they touch this might not work that well
speeDemon
ok, thanks guys!