FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is there a max in the space design for messages?

deanhills
This is not a biggie at all. However I wonder whether others who tend to write longer messages like I do sometimes (maybe I should write shorter ones Smile) have found the same problem. It is as though I loose complete control over the last lines of the message in the message box when I try to write and edit it. It seems to be jumping up and away from the last lines as though the last lines should not exist.

Is it possible that there is a maximum number of words indicated in the design of the message box and when those lines jump, they are lines that went beyond the maximum indicated in the design of the length of the message? I've only noticed this most recently.
mOrpheuS
deanhills wrote:
It is as though I loose complete control over the last lines of the message in the message box when I try to write and edit it. It seems to be jumping up and away from the last lines as though the last lines should not exist.

Sounds like a browser issue.

Which browser are you using ? Can you try if from a different browser ?
deanhills
mOrpheuS wrote:
deanhills wrote:
It is as though I loose complete control over the last lines of the message in the message box when I try to write and edit it. It seems to be jumping up and away from the last lines as though the last lines should not exist.

Sounds like a browser issue.

Which browser are you using ? Can you try if from a different browser ?
Brilliant, that has to be the answer!!!! I have just changed from Internet Explorer 6 to 8. That has to be it, as I made the change two nights ago. Is there something I can do to fix the problem in the browser? Or better yet, maybe I should check whether FireFox works differently. I am using both browsers at the same time, but usually for Frihost I use Internet Explorer.

Edit: Just tested it, and it is definitely a browser issue. Looks as though I will only be using Firefox from now on. Explorer 8 has limitations for writing my postings. Thanks for the help. Smile