FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Correct Food/Drinks for Saturday Sports

slashnburn99
Hi All,

Just wondering what to eat and drink Friday evening

Then Saturday morning before high energy physical sport at 12:00

and then what to eat and drink afterwards.

Cheers
Helios
You should add related information about your current physical condition.
deanhills
slashnburn99 wrote:
Hi All,

Just wondering what to eat and drink Friday evening

Then Saturday morning before high energy physical sport at 12:00

and then what to eat and drink afterwards.

Cheers
OK. I'm not a nutritionist, so will only take a guess at this. Maybe a sports nutritionist would have the best answers for you?

The evening before I would drink a lot of water, stay away from alcohol, coffee and sugary drinks. I would have a good square meal with a balance of protein and carbs, with little fat in it. I would eat early, so that by the time I go to bed all the food has been digested. If I felt hungry at bed time, I would have a light snack, such as a glass of fermented milk with some magnesium tablets. Magnesium is good for sleeping and relaxing muscles.

When I get up in the morning I would eat a light breakfast only. Maybe a smoothie with high protein powder and frozen fruit in it. As well as keep on hydrating myself. I would stay away from stimulants such as coffee, tea, etc. If it is very cold, and the smoothie feels too cold,maybe a bowl of oats with added protein powder, milk and honey would be more satisfying.

Afterwards, a protein drink would be ideal followed by a good square meal afterwards, but I think in most people's lives they head straight for the pub.