FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Strange Fire fox problem

babumuchhala
Well i got a strange FF problem out here.

When i start FF it loads and then stops doing anything. This is when the update globe on the top is supposed to move out towards right. All menu options apperar like one gets to see when we press the alt key.

i does not respond to any thing.

i tried running it in safe mode i.e. without plugins but of no use.

i then uninstalled it and reinstalled it. It works perfectly fine on being intialized by the installation process. but if i close it & restart it gone back to point of no response.

My PC has no virus (scanned with ZA Security suite) , no spyware ( MS Antispyware & Spybot Search & Destroy scans) & the registry is also in perfect shape thanks to Registry Mechanics.

EDIT: OOPS i think i posted in the wrong place. I extremly regret this and would like u to request the mods to move this to computer problem & support, if they feel it has been posted wrongly or let it remain here itself. Thankx (It's done)

Guys kindly help me get my FF back. This problem came out of nowhere. Please help. Please.
rood
i never used ff,so i don't konw what's the matter about ur computer,i just use ie,hehe
babumuchhala
If u dont know any thing abt FF then why did u post here. just to increase ur points Then thats very bad Mad

IE can be hijacked so easily and u wont even come to know abt it

Now is there anyone out here who has any wildest of idea what has happened with my dear Firefox Sad

edit: mOrpheuS - that was not "polite".
Maka
I've never been hijacked with IE as I set it to block with spybot etc, and firefox is no way faster imo.
mathiaus
the people over at mozilla should have a better idea than us
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38

[offtopic] I use ff. never had problems with IE but like developers tools [/offtopic]
Bondings
What can i say to help you? I use firefox and never had a problem with it. I never heared of such a problem. Maybe you should try to search for it on google or in the official mozilla forums, like mathiaus suggested.

Sometimes a program just doesn't want to work for an unknown reason. It might be everything and sometimes only a fresh window installation brings a solution. Wink

But, of course, I hope you find a better solution. Very Happy
the666bbq
I guess 'people' are testing the flaws in the firefox environment as they do on IE since firefox is gaining popularity and thus it becomes for those 'people' a bit more interesting to kick the users in their nuts. This is purely based on my own perception to the fact that firefox provides more critical updates in the last period.
For those who never tried it : you should, there are very nice features to it. I was for long a non-believer, became amazed for a while, but returned with my two feet to the ground : it stays a (good) software package and all softwarepackages have their 'odd behaviors' from time to time - users always seems to find the borders of the possibilities of software. I have to admit though that I still use both browser (and that alone is the proove that neither one is THE BEST) but I always start with firefox first.

Summary aka advise : go to their update site and get the patches.
babumuchhala
Well yahoo i got my FF up and running again.

I unistalled it, scaned everything so as not to keep a single file off FF on Drive.

Even used registry mechanics to have no trace of FF in the registry.

Then i installed it and its up and running perfectly since yesterday.

@the666bbq i had earlier tried versions 1.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3 & 1.0.4 (latest), but none had worked.

I guess it was some extension problem, bcos this all had started after some extensions automatically upgraded
homer09001
FF and PHPBB2 dont work well

i use it but i have had to delte my autologin detailes for my forum cause wen i log in as admin and go to edit a user it fill there username and password box with my details
babumuchhala
homer09001 wrote:
FF and PHPBB2 dont work well

i use it but i have had to delte my autologin detailes for my forum cause wen i log in as admin and go to edit a user it fill there username and password box with my details

Then i feel that u should use opera 8, as it has got a better password mannager than FF
darknez3
babumuchhala wrote:
If u dont know any thing abt FF then why did u post here. just to increase ur points Then thats very bad Mad

IE can be hijacked so easily and u wont even come to know abt it

Now is there anyone out here who has any wildest of idea what has happened with my dear Firefox Sad

edit: mOrpheuS - that was not "polite".

Actually you are completely wrong. In fact I've talked to various individuals who believed the sham that the Mozilla are pulling off with numerous individuals so far. They say that it is Faster, Reliable and Secure? Well in truth, their security is just as strong as the Windows Firewall from the original Windows, and quite weak comparing to SP2 Firewall. Don't believe me? Well go ahead, go ask Mozilla on how they managed to achieve that "security", then come back here.

"Faster, Reliable..." No way! IE easily beats FF in any competition. Consider this... When Windows 95/98/2000/ME/XP came out, what was the PRIMARY browsing program? IE... Which was the first Internet Browser on a Windows Platform? IE... So which browser is more compatible with Windows? Lets hear both sides:
Idiots -> FF!!
Person with a brain -> IE

So an Internet Browser which existed for past what, 10 years is somehow worse than Firefox which only lasted for 5? Oh yes please explain to me how a team of highly specialized individuals that worked in the Software Development field for over 10 years can be worse than a bunch of trainee's who get paid 1/8 of their salary, and who worked for only 2...

Oh and by the way...unless you don't know crap about computers, then you shouldn't say that "it can be easily hijacked". Only retards accept ActiveX scripts that say "VIRUS" on them, and only retards download files that are pirated and that inevitably have a virus.

Ciao, FF sux, IE rules.
wraith
umm...first of all, do NOT flame. second of all firefox is NOT as good as IE. seriously, firefox is much better in all respects, except it doesnt support some of the websites that wer designed SPECIFICALLY for IE.

firefox is MUCH safer because it doesnt use ActiveX. It blocks more popups, and it also is a lot faster. IE was released years ago, and microsoft has not changed it much since then.

Read any computer magazine. When they rate browsers, IE normally gets 3 out of 5 stars and firefox gets the editors choice and 5 stars. I have an issue of pc magazine right now in front of me with those ratings. IE IS NOT THAT GOOD.
wraith
btw, in answer to the tech support question that this topic was originally for (can a moderator delete all the off-topic comments including mine above this) i would suggest making sure you have firefox completely uninstalled and all icons deleted because you might be opening up an older version.
n0obie4life
wraith wrote:
btw, in answer to the tech support question that this topic was originally for (can a moderator delete all the off-topic comments including mine above this) i would suggest making sure you have firefox completely uninstalled and all icons deleted because you might be opening up an older version.

you can delete your own posts.
mathiaus
I'll just lock it instead Wink