FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hobbies AND Animals?

zacky
I'm just really wondering why Hobbies and Animals are in one place on this forum.. while i'm commenting to each posts there i was surprise that after i comment to the hobbies post, then i saw a picture of a horse.. no offense.. LOL.. hahaahhahahahah.. i can't help my self not to laugh coz i'm on the mood of trying to be serious to give suggestions to others who has i have the same hobby and then i will come up to the bunch of pictures of animals... i think it is better to segregate them.. i think.. Smile
mOrpheuS
zacky wrote:
I'm just really wondering why Hobbies and Animals are in one place on this forum..

"Hobbies and Pets" makes more sense, perhaps ?
zacky
oh okay.. thanks.. much better..
mOrpheuS
Now all that remains is for Bondings to actually change the name. Smile
deanhills
mOrpheuS wrote:
Now all that remains is for Bondings to actually change the name. Smile
If I were Bondings I would delegate the power to make changes like these to you mOrpheuS. For me there is always genius in simplicity and brevity of words. Not many people have the knack for those.
ocalhoun
mOrpheuS wrote:
zacky wrote:
I'm just really wondering why Hobbies and Animals are in one place on this forum..

Playing Devil's advocate, where then would one post about a non-pet animal?
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
mOrpheuS wrote:
zacky wrote:

Isn't having a non-pet animal a hobby ( Think well for most anyway Smile )? At the same time, the Chat Forum seems to be the Forum that accommodates "All Other" categories, as well as gets much more coverage, since it is the Forum people tend to post in first and most. Nothing would be greater for me to find more reports and photos about Jay in the first Forum I respond to. Better yet, it would be nice to include it in the featured articles. Maybe we need more up to date featured articles as well. The ones that are being featured right now have become dated.

Suggestions for current featured articles would be:
Photos of 2010 Buchan Rodeo
My new lady - a cute Arabian filly
I'm sure there may be others as well that other Frihosters could identify. I noticed there was a contest by someone in the Contest Sub-Forum that went unnoticed, probably because it is a Sub-Forum that not many people notice:
Text Animation - For web Developers - Not For Graphic Develp
mOrpheuS
deanhills wrote:
If I were Bondings I would delegate the power to make changes like these to you mOrpheuS.

Actually, I can make that change. I would just rather he make the final decision on it.

ocalhoun wrote:

"Life - About biology, palaeontology, zoology, archaeology and evolution." ? Confused
Unless the discussion is not scientific in nature.
deanhills
@mrhS
You look really tired in this Avatar, like someone burning the midnight oil. Too much hard work?

I have been re-thinking the Hobbies and Animals Forum change to Hobbies and Pets when you mentioned the science forum. For example, where would one then put the thread about Rodeo Animals, as they aren't really scientific, they probably have to do with photography, maybe a hobby, but it sort of gets complicated to figure all of this out, especially late at night? Perhaps the original heading is the better one: Hobbies and Animals. Animals that can be pets or just themselves or objects for photographs or a hobby? Smile
mOrpheuS
deanhills wrote:
You look really tired in this Avatar, like someone burning the midnight oil. Too much hard work?

Ah, but that's not the reason behind Calvin's many faces.
deanhills wrote:
I have been re-thinking the Hobbies and Animals Forum change to Hobbies and Pets when you mentioned the science forum. For example, where would one then put the thread about Rodeo Animals, as they aren't really scientific, they probably have to do with photography, maybe a hobby, but it sort of gets complicated to figure all of this out, especially late at night? Perhaps the original heading is the better one: Hobbies and Animals. Animals that can be pets or just themselves or objects for photographs or a hobby? Smile

Well, there you go then ... good thing I didn't change it in a hurry. Razz
deanhills
mOrpheuS wrote:
Ah, but that's not the reason behind Calvin's many faces.
Just been thoroughly sidetracted. Calvin always does that to me. I like all of his faces. And his mom's comment was right on the number.
mOrpheuS wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Well, there you go then ... good thing I didn't change it in a hurry. Razz
Right. Wonder whether that is Bondings' philosophy too. He sorts of lets "decisions" incubate for a while to see whether they withstand the test of time. We were going rather well with all the suggestions for competitions and such and then they seem to have disappeared off the radar screen. I particularly like the Newsletter idea, maybe starting off with an interview with Bondings. Following on a previous historic one that was made a million years ago as part of someone's blog.

I've just googled it again and noticed Truespeed also made a suggestion about this ages ago:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-82111.html#687762 Smile