FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GTA Worst Assault on Children Since Polio

zjl594201
Disbarred-for-life Miami attorney Jack Thompson has dropped off the radar a good bit since his attempt to have video game legislation adopted in Utah earlier this year turned into an unforgettable mashup of soap opera, comedy and fail.

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2009/06/21/miami-jack-gta-worst-assault-children-polio
spinout
Well u can't really say that since my kid with autism got a understanding that u can be runned over by cars!
jstei
spinout wrote:
Well u can't really say that since my kid with autism got a understanding that u can be runned over by cars!

Wow. Weird. Confused
spinout
Many children with autism is not aware of the danger with traffic - but my kid watch GTA and understood Smile
Ankhanu
Technically GTA shouldn't have any bearing on children whatsoever... what with it's 18+ game rating Razz
c'tair
Technically I see no problem in discerning reality from fiction. If some has, maybe it's a sign of mental illness? Or bad role models?

Been playing games since I was 2-3 years old (ah, Wolf3D) and somehow people consider me to be a good person.
wombatrpgs
Ankhanu wrote:
Technically GTA shouldn't have any bearing on children whatsoever... what with it's 18+ game rating Razz

That's a laugh...
weableandbob
Ah, Jack Thompson, how we've missed your horrible logic.
spinout
For some reason I always liked the hot coffe mod for the idea. plus 18 all the way Smile
achowles
I reckon that guy is the only American to import The Daily Mail. His ability to lie, sensationalise, misrepresent and generally be a 'moral majority' douche ensures he'd find many kindred spirits within the Daily Mail's offices.

That said, we should be glad to have Jack Thompsons in the world. For his kind put a mirror up to the faces of those who campaign against games and make them think about whether or not they want ot be associated with is ilk.
wombatrpgs
That's a fair point. I swear, half of these inflamatory people turn into self-parodies after they're around for a while...
spinout
I got the expansion pack for ps3 - it run smoother that the original. But just a BIT.