FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Microsoft confirms next XP service pack

babumuchhala
Cnet News.com wrote:
Microsoft has revealed plans to release a third service pack for its Windows XP operating system.

"There will be a Service Pack 3 for Windows XP," Bernard Ourghanlian, technical and security director at Microsoft France, confirmed, revealing that Microsoft's OS is set for another major update.

Windows XP's Service Pack 2, which came out last September, deeply modified the operating system by updating its security.

Windows XP SP3 will be available sometime next year--after the launch of Windows Vista, which "is the priority for the development teams," according to Microsoft France.

Microsoft has yet to reveal details about the contents of the service pack. Laurent Delaporte of Microsoft France said: "Historically, certain functions of new versions of Windows are integrated in the service packs of previous versions."

Wow & i havent even installed SP1 & SP2, & MS is already working on SP3.

Leaving that aside it will mainly be some kind of advertising of Vista i.e. u will get a lot more advanced kind of features in Windows Vista than your Windows XP SP3. Something like a trial version for Vista or stuff.

Source:Cnet News.com
n0obie4life
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I hate updating my system, esp service packs.
James007
As long as we don't know the technical details. Eh?
Is everybody working on Vista? It sounds like the whole company is working on Vista and two programmers are working on the third service pack. Very Happy Very Happy

I'm always thinking why they are creating a new service pack. Does that mean that there is a big leak or something? Crying or Very sad (again)

James Smile
Sunny
Quote:
Does that mean that there is a big leak or something?

Unfortunately, Yes there are many leaks. Sp2 has fixed many of them. I just can't wait to see what they have got in sp3...may be they will bundle IE 7.0 & M. S. antispyware with it too who knows.
Eyre
that would be amazing. i have the beta MS Antispyware. Its incredible.
n0obie4life
Sunny wrote:
Quote:
Does that mean that there is a big leak or something?

Unfortunately, Yes there are many leaks. Sp2 has fixed many of them. I just can't wait to see what they have got in sp3...may be they will bundle IE 7.0 & M. S. antispyware with it too who knows.

IE 7.0 will NOT come with it. Confirmed FACT.

MS Anti-spyware, if it comes with that, I'll install the patches ONE BY ONE.

This service pack doesn't have anything big, its just loads of exploits fixed.
ronitvohra
Well Agree with you..Ms is not giving anything new in sp3,but it will make more patches to exploits....
lrdslr
Windows Vista is cool... but...

I love Linux...

Smile
n0obie4life
lrdslr wrote:
Windows Vista is cool... but...

I love Linux...

Smile

Since when were we talking about Vista or Linux?

Please do not go offtopic.
mars
but sp3 is after Vista . at that time,I should use Vista alrealdy.
Helios
I won't waste may damn money on an original version of Windows!

****** Bill Gates! I don't matter how good his software is! Evil or Very Mad
talking baout their "genuine" thing
and I also won't waste my time trying to hack it..

I guess that soon(probably after releasing SP3) they'll fully activate their genuine plan and we won't be able to use windows for free unless it's an official copy.

****** them! I'm moving back to Linux...
dcshoes23
I personally think that SP3 will just fix a few problems and will mostly concerned with adding compatibility with Microsofts new operating system, Vista.
dionet
Maybe SP3 will make you have to buy Vista!
It will launch popups and it will make your system very slow!
Or maybe it will block access to your PC because it will think you are a hacker!
We don΄t know what microsoft can do!

(joke!) Wink
Ravi
Read review on SP3 Click Here
careyd
Service pack 2 was such a blunder, it opened more holes then it fixed when it first came out. Thats why so many companies held off deploying it for such a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if SP3 is the same way. Microsoft is stretched itself too thin. They're trying to take on too many projects at once and its showing. Like how they said that winfs isn't gonna ship with vista now, also its much more scaled down then what was touted before. Between worrying about linux, worrying about google, making office 12, trying to conquere the pc game market, trying to conquere the game console market, wanting to develope their own search engine, etc, etc ,etc.... I have a feeling microsoft is about to have their very own dot com bubble hahaha