FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

domain problems

The-Nisk
So i bought a .com domain, added it in the admin panel, set it as default, suspended my .frih domain (just in case, since i don't know how many domains i can host under my account). Changed the name servers in the domain setup to ns1.frihost.org + ns2.frihost.org. And it doesn't work.
It's been a almost a week since i did that (more than enough to transfer a domain) and nothing.
I'm quite at loss with what to do, since it's the first time I've bought a domain =/

The only thing i think it might be is that in the domain records it's also asking me for a 3rd nameserver, which i just left as the default.

As far as i know i did everything as i was supposed to, no idea where i went wrong. Please help if you can.
mOrpheuS
The-Nisk wrote:
Changed the name servers in the domain setup to ns1.frihost.org + ns2.frihost.org

Are you sure ?
The nameservers for the domain (that I can see has been added in your hosting account) are set to NS5.DNSIRELAND.COM & NS6.DNSIRELAND.COM

There are several other problems with your domain's NS settings, but that's probably only because it's using some placeholder nameservers.
You can use this site to check - http://intodns.com/
menino
Hey Morpheus, nice info. thanks.
I usually use www.dnswatch.info to check on DNS's, but intodns gives a full report.
Bondings
First of all, we do not limit the amount of domains you can add (it simply needs to be a reasonable amount, meaning not a whole collection of 5396 domains Wink ), so you really don't need to suspend/remove your subdomain if you use your hosting account for one or several domains too.

About the nameserver, you need to set them to only our nameservers (in case of server 4 those are ns1.frihost.org and ns2.frihost.org) and not any others. Only the 2 first should be required, leave the others blank. If you keep other nameservers, there will be problems.
The-Nisk
mOrpheuS wrote:
The-Nisk wrote:
Changed the name servers in the domain setup to ns1.frihost.org + ns2.frihost.org

Are you sure ?
The nameservers for the domain (that I can see has been added in your hosting account) are set to NS5.DNSIRELAND.COM & NS6.DNSIRELAND.COM

Well I was sure, since changing the nameservers to frihost was THE first thing I did, I just got an e-mail back from the tech-support, confirming that the domain still points to their servers. I'm now awaiting on an explanation as to why the hell that is still the case when I obviously changed it, the admin panel for the domain even reflects the changes.

Thanks for the link btw, it's very handy, bookmarked!

Bondings wrote:

First of all, we do not limit the amount of domains you can add (it simply needs to be a reasonable amount, meaning not a whole collection of 5396 domains Wink ), so you really don't need to suspend/remove your subdomain if you use your hosting account for one or several domains too.

About the nameserver, you need to set them to only our nameservers (in case of server 4 those are ns1.frihost.org and ns2.frihost.org) and not any others. Only the 2 first should be required, leave the others blank. If you keep other nameservers, there will be problems.

Ah that's good to know about the domains, i only need 1 or 2, so we're good! Smile

I've updated the Domain records (again), but it won't let me leave the 3rd nameserver as blank, fills it up with the default 'ns7.dnsireland.com', so tech-support have yet to get back to me on this issue.

Thanks for the help guys! All i can add is I won't be doing any business with that company in the future, a bunch of incompetent muppets. Excuse the language.
Bondings
Maybe try to use ns1.frihost.org and ns2.frihost.org also as 3rd and 4th nameserver?

What is weird is that this seems to be the first time I hear about a 3rd and 4th nameserver to be required at a registrar.
mOrpheuS
Bondings wrote:
Maybe try to use ns1.frihost.org and ns2.frihost.org also as 3rd and 4th nameserver?

What is weird is that this seems to be the first time I hear about a 3rd and 4th nameserver to be required at a registrar.

It's most likely a home-brewed admin panel then.
In which case, your idea of using ns1.frihost.org and ns2.frihost.org also as 3rd and 4th just might work. Wink