FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google Started to Use Page Speed as One Ranking Factor

the-guide
Google started to use page speed as one ranking factor, site speed reflects how quickly a website responds to web requests. Recenetly, Google announced that they started to use site speed as one of many signals that influence the position of our websites in the their search results...

Quote:
...we've decided to take site speed into account in our search rankings. We use a variety of sources to determine the speed of a site relative to other sites. ...

Code:
http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2010/04/using-site-speed-in-web-search-ranking.html

However, page speed is not most important ranking signal. At the end of that page Google also state an important sentence...

Quote:
While site speed is a new signal, it doesn't carry as much weight as the relevance of a page.

Are your websites rankings drop?
truespeed
Mine has gone up from 1 to 3,the highest it has ever been. Another thing i have noticed over the past couple of days is that my indexed pages have gone down from 40.000+ to just over 10.000 so it looks like they have perhaps changed the way they index pages too.
Chinmoy
Page Speed has probably got me a good rank. My page load time is ~5 seconds. It is good. I got it with extreme tweaking and it still looks good. You can se it at www.techarraz.com and check the load time at tools.pingdom.com
riccopt
and now the sites I built in 1999 will go up on google...
pradeepc
Follow the mailye ohios guidelines of page speed improvement and use Page Speed Firebug addon to identify factors and improve page loading time

Jai ho 8)
dude_xyx
I didn't know about this. I guess this might effect wordpress blogs since many use those beautiful themes which are pretty heavy. I have 2. Time to change to much more simple one.
riccopt
dude_xyx wrote:
I didn't know about this. I guess this might effect wordpress blogs since many use those beautiful themes which are pretty heavy. I have 2. Time to change to much more simple one.
sounds like a good idea...
the-guide
riccopt wrote:
dude_xyx wrote:
sounds like a good idea...

More over, many beautiful wordpress themes are "NOT Search Engine Friendly"! Be careful to use them! Shocked
hellyson
Google knows that when the site is taking more time to load, user usually close that pages and moves to the other pages. Google have been using the site load time period in their architecture but it is only having 2-3% of impact on your site ranking.
inphurno
i think that this puts a pealty on peiple that are new to the web and don't know about how they can improve page speed. while its easy to find out how to improve page load time its not that easy to implement all of those things that help.

while its true that people will go from a slow loading page that doesnt mean that the content on the page is not relevant and or useful/related to the orignal search keywords. some politics are at play here i think which i think is real sad and might be bad news for simple people who throw up a site suing a cms and expect that just have to focus on content...