FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to get cheap international tickets?

natilovesmike
Hi everyone,

I am trying to get tickets to visit Argentina, but I can't seem to find anything cheaper than $910. Does anyone know where can I find tickets for less than that?

Thanks!
Triple_7
Depends on where you are departing from and what part of Argentina you are planning to arrive in. The trick to finding a cheap ticket is flexibility. Tuesdays and Thursdays are good travel days most of the time, usually cheaper. Be willing to take an extra stop or a little longer layover, spending 6 hours instead of 2 in an airport may not sound like much fun but it can be worth it.

Look for other modes of transportation...even if your final destination is served by an airport doesn't mean you have to fly in. Maybe arrive at an alternate airport and take a train, bus, etc.

My last trip back in February 09...though it was domestic within the US...I saved a bundle by just doing a little research...took off on a Tuesday and came back that Thursday. Flights had an extra stopover coming home...also arrived in Oklahoma City but departed back home from Tulsa instead. Meant a little extra driving and a $50 fee for the rental car being dropped off at a different location...but the willingness to take longer drives to and from my final destination, switching airports for the return trip, and also taking an extra 6 hours with 3 flights instead of 2 before getting home....I saved about $250 on that trip. Cool

The most direct route is not always the cheapest. Wink I tend to use Orbitz for my bookings...they seem to find the cheapest route even if it means extra stops or long layovers.
zacky
natilovesmike wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am trying to get tickets to visit Argentina, but I can't seem to find anything cheaper than $910. Does anyone know where can I find tickets for less than that?

Thanks!

I don't know if it still works.. but I think the best way is to book early... and choose those days that only few people wants to travel.. like tuesday or wednesday... or you can travel were people are busy to their work.. i mean afternoon or dinner time..
deanhills
Probably good to know from which airport you will be departing, and what your destination airport is. Otherwise it is a bit like looking for a needle in a haystack. Smile

Air tickets are usually cheapest in between major cities with regular flights from their airports. Like Miaimi for example.
ronbarak
natilovesmike wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

http://www.google.com/search?q=air+courier
Lonnie
In order to get cheap international flights do some research the rates of certain airports in big cities of the country that you wish to visit, you will frequently surprise at the money that will saved by you.
nigam
there are a lot of agencies offering special rates including hotel bookings, tours, and etc... just do some research and you can find cheaper rates....and booked early so you can get some discounts from the agencies.....
yagnyavalkya
There are several sites that offer cheap international tickets
you have to search in the web for them
weed
I depends on ur transport facilities and laxuary
c'tair
Ok, I'll reveal my biggest trick for getting cheap tickets:

1) Decide where you wanna go, what is the destination airport.
2) Check on wikipedia all the airlines the airport services
3) Check each and every single airline, also take note because not all of them will connect your origin to your destination BUT some of them may connect to each other
4) Enjoy your savings.

Most people use Kayak or Travelocity and such, but you have know that even those sites don't index ALL possible flights.

Usually, I do preliminary research using Kayak just to get an idea of the prices. Then I double check the American Express website (I like to get some nice points). After that I do the above trick.
In my case - Kayak found me prices of around 1000$ - 1400$. AE didn't have anything cool. Using that trick I wrote about above, I found a connection for 789$, that is, 200$ cheaper than even Kayak could've found!

Also SkyTrax is your best friend! ALWAYS check your airline with SkyTrax - it gives you customer reviews of airlines. Very handy when you're flying with lesser known airlines, it would've saved me a bunch of trouble last year. I traveled with IcelandExpress, which has a rating of like 1.9 and: no meals, very old planes, the seats were TINY (I'm 6'2" or around 188cm and I had huge troubles with fitting in). And the funniest part? One passenger didn't even have a seat because it was simply gone! At least the crew was very nice and polite. This year I picked a carrier that has a 6 star rating (10 is max). Smile

The only other thing that comes to mind is Chris Guillebeau's "travel hacking" methods. My methods come from his blog posts. Additionally, you can try and "hack" airline frequent flyer points/miles through various ways and save a lot on your tickets. I just started building my points account - you usually need a credit card or at least be able to apply for one. Some cards give you like 50000 points for signing up for card, and I believe that's enough points to pay for a round trip to Europe from the US (depending how far that is). Seriously, read his blog, he has an incredible amount of tips for travel hacking.

Good luck! I already booked my ticket.
kaysch
This is quite an old topic but:
I quite like http://www.skyscanner.net and http://www.amadeus.net to find cheap flights. http://www.nofrillsair.com has a good overview of low-cost carriers.
I wonder whether you people have any better sites in mind?
deanhills
Travel out of season. Made a huge different on my tickets. Don't rely on travel agents only. Do your own research. There are plenty of Websites where one can compare rates of different airlines. I then go directly to the Website of the cheaper airlines and check for specials. Always better of course to make bookings direct with the airline or the hotels you are going to stay at.
siemens13
I am wanting to visit singapore.but i have no enough budget. my budget is USD800$. so i want get cheapest rate ticket for my travel.please anyone help me.
deanhills
siemens13 wrote:
I am wanting to visit singapore.but i have no enough budget. my budget is USD800$. so i want get cheapest rate ticket for my travel.please anyone help me.
Where are you traveling from, when are you travelling and for how long? Do you have someone you are going to visit, or do you need accommodation as well?
nepalstar
natilovesmike wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I think it's better to ask with your local travel agency or you can search that in Google....!
airh3ad
You can even go to travel portals search on the net.where you will know the availability of cheap air tickets and thereafter you can book your tickets. As they offer various flight services thus you can surely get benefitted.
deanhills
airh3ad wrote:
You can even go to travel portals search on the net.where you will know the availability of cheap air tickets and thereafter you can book your tickets. As they offer various flight services thus you can surely get benefitted.
I usually start with that, then find the airlines with the best deals and go directly to their sites. I always prefer to book my tickets directly with the airlines. I do the same with accommodation. I go to the portals for the best deals as well as reviews, and then go to the Hotel itself. For example I recently booked Hilton Gardens that had the exact same offer as booking.com. I found the offer through booking.com, but booked it directly with Hilton Gardens.
Insanity
Try visiting during times when tourists aren't as likely to visit. This would obviously not be in the summer at all, or even during the holidays like Thanksgiving or Christmas. Anytime that isn't in those times will be pretty much cheaper. Then again, if you have school or something, you would be stuck having to miss some class or pay higher prices for the tickets.
siemens13
deanhills wrote:
siemens13 wrote:
Where are you traveling from, when are you travelling and for how long? Do you have someone you are going to visit, or do you need accommodation as well?

i want to travel from Bangladesh and want to go Singapore capital. i want to stay there 7 days.
can you give me any suggest.
TheLimey
www.flyzoom.co.uk... oh.. right Sad
johans
subscribe on there website news and events.. promos are send via email and connect with there social networking site too keep you informed.
24aug2013
I usually start with skyscanner to get an overall feel for which days and cities in a particular country are cheaper and the try a few other comparison engines (eg. travelsupermarket.com) or airline's websites to find even better deals. Also, try searching for 2 single flights instead of 1 return - sometimes it works out cheaper.