FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A visit by some Harleys

wellerchap
I rode over to the National Mining Museum near Wakefield & as I was about to leave 30 Harleys from a Chapter in Manchester rode in for a visit.
The sound from their engines was terrific as they rode in.

A rusty old muck-tub........and some coal trucks Rolling Eyes

Here they come....they didn't half make some noise.

I spoke to the bloke who rode this in....he used to have Lambrettas (as did the only other I spoke to).

This was spunky-chunky looking.....

This had a bit of style about it...

Bit of a contrast!

And on the way home near the M1 motorway....nice to see some blue sky for once!
ocalhoun
^.^
I see you've met the American(ish) version of a scooter club!

That was a pretty modest group; you should see Sturgis (SD):

or Daytona (FL):
deanhills
Some more winning photos wellerchap. They are absolutely excellent and must have surprised you too, as I'm sure you never intended to bump into those Harleys! Well done!

By the way, what kind of camera did you use for the shoots?

@Ocalhoun. Now those are really monstrosities. The content of a Harley nightmare. Smile
wellerchap
Thanks boys.....I must say, though I don't really want one, I do like the bigger bikes....those top two on Ocalhoun's pics are corkers!
My camera's a Sony A300 DSLR.....the lens was at it's widest pretty much at 18mm.....I'd love one day to buy a real wide-angle lens, but they're about 400, so may take a while to save up for! Crying or Very sad
mukesh
Brother I like your camera. I am searching more features, specification of Sony A300 DSLR. But Sony website slow Sad
deanhills
wellerchap wrote:
Thanks boys.....I must say, though I don't really want one, I do like the bigger bikes....those top two on Ocalhoun's pics are corkers!
My camera's a Sony A300 DSLR.....the lens was at it's widest pretty much at 18mm.....I'd love one day to buy a real wide-angle lens, but they're about 400, so may take a while to save up for! Crying or Very sad
I'm almost sure your photos are good enough for Harley to use for marketing purposes. If you can go commercial, maybe you can make some money to get some more camera equipment? Why not check out the bike places, and whether they need some photos taken, not only for products, maybe there are some events to do with bikes that you can photograph? You already have great photos for a decent portfolio Smile
hersandal
Pretty neat harley davidson motorcycle, although I really like to have those kind of bike but I am not sure I like to ride them because your bumper is gonna be your knee. I don't like the idea. I rather ride my 67 camaro muscle car than that. But I like to have one of that just display it in my house.
wellerchap
Camaro?
That's cool......do you have any pictures of yours we could see?
I only ever owned 2 cars, both were 1965.

ocalhoun
wellerchap wrote:
Camaro?
That's cool......do you have any pictures of yours we could see?
I only ever owned 2 cars, both were 1965.

-pic-

Okay, now I'm jealous.

If I were to get a car rather than a truck, I would want one a lot like that... Though I'd not necessarily be able to get one.
deanhills
Awesome Wellerchap, and one can see you really love that car. The tyres look brand-new and unused, and you must have used spit and polish all over the car. It looks brand-new.
rogue_skydragon
Beautiful photos. I love Harley Davidson motorcycles!
wellerchap
deanhills wrote:
Awesome Wellerchap, and one can see you really love that car. The tyres look brand-new and unused, and you must have used spit and polish all over the car. It looks brand-new.

No, no, no.......it's not MY car....I just used the photo to ask if that was the design of the one "hersandal" owns.
Sorry if it mislead.
Lady Elensar
Harley Davidson

I can't wait to have my own motorcycle.
deanhills
wellerchap wrote:
deanhills wrote:

No, no, no.......it's not MY car....I just used the photo to ask if that was the design of the one "hersandal" owns.
Sorry if it mislead.
Right, sorry Embarassed I also noted the date now on the photo as well. Beautiful car however. Well preserved. Smile