FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Music

Denvis
I know a lot of you old buggers don't even consider new music, to be new music. However I do. Anyhow, I was listening to the radio and I stumbled upon,

Nothin' On You - B.o.B
If We Ever Meet Again - Timbaland

I thought they're both good songs but what do you think? There's not too much autotune (which I find rare nowadays). Talentless f*cks like T-pain singing to a microphone, digitally edit it, get millions then having 'cyber police' complain about audio piracy.

Personally, I don't like much modern music. Especially crap from:

- Lady Gaga
- OH!3 (or whatever their name is)
- MGMT
- lil wayne
- Owl City
- Black eyed peas (I love their old songs but their new songs are shithouse at the moment)
- Ke$sha

Here's something from her latest catastrophe,

Quote:
I dont really care where you live at
Just turn around boy and let me hit that
Don't be a little bitch with your chit chat
Just show me where your dick's at

Seriously, come on.

Anyway, what do you guys think of the new age music? It's sad to think only 4-5/40 songs are reasonable to say the most.
chartcentral
I agree with you that "Nothin' on You" by B.o.B. feat. Bruno Mars and "If We Ever Meet Again" by Timbaland feat. Katy Perry sounds good. However, you might want to reconsider Owl City, the guy's a great poet (judging by the way the lyrics in his songs go) and "Fireflies" and "Vanilla Twilight" are nice songs. Smile
hersandal
Just downloaded a new music from AC/DC from the OST of Iron Man 2, I don't quite like it. It's all metal. But the movie is really cool. I can't wait to see that movie.
gverutes
I have so much trouble getting into new music. I don't know if it is because I am in my late twenties and it seems like everyone loves the music that was popular when they were in their teens or late twenties. I just can't seem to get excited about music on the radio today. There are a few indie artisits which I like, but on a whole -- not really. I just love listening to classic rock from the 60s - 90s. That gets me by...
standready
hersandal wrote:
Just downloaded a new music from AC/DC from the OST of Iron Man 2, I don't quite like it. It's all metal. But the movie is really cool. I can't wait to see that movie.

Crazy thing about the movie - only one song from AC/DC in the movie. Iron Man 2 is very good though.
Parkour_Jarrod
It's terrible, most chart music now days is being promoted by companies and governments to get popular fast then to be dropped purely for profit.

They are purely relying on chart listeners (mainly people from Gen-Z and late Gen-Y which is sadly where i am in the gen pool, but luckily i'm myself and i listen to the good musics Razz)
gverutes
Just listen to the Rolling Stones....that's all you need!
Covert-Waffles
I used to be really against "New Music", but I have slow started to lower that wall, and I am starting to get hip with the new jive.....

But seriously, the newer music is not as bad as I thought it was, and I quite enjoy it. Although, nothing beats The Who.....
todabeat
New music is good, we just got to learn where to look.

for example, i love all music, except country.
but mainly hip hop. i really love everything, from publick enemy, to a couple of lil wayne tracks.

however, lately it gets annoying where i live, that all these new kids listen to old Wu Tang tapes, and think that they know the wolrd of hip hop.

and it has lead me to kind of start to NOT like old music, in the other hand, im not a BIG fan of Wu Tang (LoL)

but i like a lot of the new hip hop thats out there, but ofcourse that i am fan of the underground. i live in mexico, so we only get MTV and you know that mtv is not MUSIC television since like 2004 so i dont get to hear to a lot of these new artist.

but youtube it has been a great friend the past couple of years...

so i guess what im trying to say, that music is good no matter what.
granvals
now lady gaga is vey pup,i had watched some flas on tv and youtube.thank you to share
Caxius
gverutes wrote:
Just listen to the Rolling Stones....that's all you need!

+1
watersoul
I can't really say that new music is either good or bad. It depends on many things to me, genre, lyrics, artistic skill etc etc.
I agree that mainstream "pop" chart stuff can often be bland, but then thats always been the case since the 1950's, with every era having some outstanding tracks, amongst other less important music which is forgotten as soon as the next "star" appears.

Some of the best new music I hear is found at local bands gig's in bars and the like. Written and rehersed in back bedrooms but unsigned and unknown by the masses. It's "new" music all the same, but just doesn't have the millions spent on marketing it so few people get to know.

Spend a bit of time searching myspace or soundcloud and the like, there's plenty of new music out there for everyones taste.
Ankhanu
The current trending music has absolutely no soul, no vitality... it's all predictable, boring garbage for people who don't actually like music.
Personally, I'm still waiting for the next real wave of music to hit. We're past due for the next big thing, the next real genre to emerge and transform how we think about music and the music industry. The 50s saw rock n roll, the 60s had psychadelic rock. In the 70s there was a huge upswell of rock and prog, even disco had it's merit, then punk broke in... the 80s it was New Wave and Rap, in the 90s it was grunge... by the mid 90s things fizzled out, and they haven't come back. We're sitting in a mire of uncreative sound stencils with a couple stand out personalities (I hesitate to use the word artist these days). We're past due for a new sound, a new way of making music, and I look forward to seeing it come in.

With the new genre, perhaps drivel like Nickleback, Lady GaGa, T-Pain, et al. will get a run for their money... but probably not. In all honesty, most people don't like music, but they like to think they do. These are the people doing most of the market consumption, and they'll continue to consume their crap.
catscratches
For the 90s, how about post-rock, post-metal, drone metal and blackened crust?
Radar
I tend to like older music, with the new music that I listen to being random things that I've heard somewhere and liked, from a movie or a friend playing it in the car.

However, lately I've started downloading some free music, and really loving it. This is a scattering of music, that I'm fairly sure can be described as indie.
granvals
i'll protect you, don't be scared
no matter what, i will be there
i'll be gentle, i'll be light
these are the words you whispered in the night
here i am
now i'm standing in the cold
(everything is said and done)
atomic winter in my soul
(from the absence of the sun)
the only remedy i know
is i gotta let you go
but where were you when i was scared
a broken promise left me here
a post-it note is what i've got
it says "i'm sorry" but i know you're not
so here i am
yeah
there will come a day when all of this is in my past
and there will come a day when you're out of my head at last
i'm trying not to fall
damn it's such a long way down
but here i am
yeah yeah yeah
and now i'm standing in the cold...
lucasazanha
Ok.
gverutes
Yep. What is called when the music companies pay radio to slot their songs ahead of others? I think there is a term for it.
Alerrandre
How some people like lady gaga ?
gverutes
The new Jennifer Lopez song is such a rip off of Shakira in my opinion. I also don't like how she uses American Idol to get her new stuff out there.
Radar
I'm not sure where you'd draw the line between old music and new music. Surely there's some sort of void in the middle where music just becomes lost or something.