FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gallows @ Adelaide Soundwave '10

bjwok
Arriving at Stage 4 as Gallows were midway through a song I wondered if I had missed the allocated 3 songs and hence my chance to shoot these guys I had heard so much about. I headed into the pit only to confirm my fears, I was told by security this was song 4 and to leave. Arggghhhh!! I did manage one quick fire shot on the way out tho! haha!

But then I noted frontman Frank Carter heading off stage and into the crowd. I watched as he went right behind the crowd and into the dusty field. He then geed up what has to be the biggest circle pit ever, singing from the middle as 200 fans circled him.

Realising that I no longer needed the pit to photograph this, I ran to the circle pit, joined in the running punters to get the energy flowing, then moved into the center, right close to Frank and started shooting. With bright midday sunlight, a 16mm lens and a single speedlite off camera aimed at a frontman more psyched up than a hundred angry bulls, I knew there would be the chance to grab an incredible shot.

Here's what I got.

Not shown here are the crowd shots, including a human pyramid featuring at least 40 punters, the wall of death and general circle pit mayhem you could expect from a hardcore show. Those shots will be on my facebook sometime soon (benon koebsch will find me).