FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

magicjack

ssweat
magicjack has anyone else tried these out? I have one and find its cool but there are many cons to using it.

1. your computer must remain on
2. no voicemail notification sent to your handset
3. limited function of caller id
4. date stamp is wrong and no way to change it
overall its cheap and portable but no all i hoped it would be. Does anyone know of any apps or programs that could add the caller id and voicemail notification functions? I found only 1 and you have to pay for it.
Donutey
Just go with Skype, it'll cost about the same on a yearly basis.
ssweat
well my mom had the jack she bought it so it was free to me, but maybe ill have to look into it. I have been receiving many telemarketing callls lately even though i applied for the national no call registry.
Diablosblizz
ssweat wrote:
well my mom had the jack she bought it so it was free to me, but maybe ill have to look into it. I have been receiving many telemarketing callls lately even though i applied for the national no call registry.

I wouldn't pay for the no-telemarketing thing, just a waste of money. They're going to get your number anyways.
lethaltriad
my cousin encouraged me to buy one for mom, its been pretty good so far, only real cons I have with it right now is that whenever I'm receiving a call the phone itself doesn't ring, I just get the notification on the computer that I'm getting an incoming call.
standready
Diablosblizz wrote:
ssweat wrote:

I wouldn't pay for the no-telemarketing thing, just a waste of money. They're going to get your number anyways.

Here in the US, national (and many states) no call registry do not cost anything. No matter if you are signing up your landline or cell.

Back to topic: I do not have long distance service on my landline. I like Skype for computer to computer. You can also use Skype to call landlines (at a cost). I have started using my Google Gmail to call landlines. It is a free to call within the US both landlines and cell phones. So far, has been very clear.
Alerrandre
Magicjack is amazing,iīm using this about 1 year and work realy great,dont be afraid,try it.

Bye.
gandalfthegrey
My friend has one and they are very happy with the MagicJack. Don't think I'd get one though, as I can just use Skype.
debjitbiswas
Well magicjack and Skype i use its grate.
silverdown
I use Magic jack as well, works for long distance calls not only that, you can call for free anywhere to another jack. made great gifts 2 years ago.
a1webshopping
Cell phone with unlimited everything FTW! Smile