FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SQL and PHP

SBrian
Morning friends,

I have a big problem. I want to set up a forum with phpBB, but I have to create a SQL database. I try to do that, create a database, but when I;m trying to install, the database could not be found. Can someone explane me how to create a database and table. Please in simple words, I'm a rookie, and English is not my native language.
mathiaus
first off phpbb can be installed using fantisco in your cpanel and that will create the database and all settings required.

however for future reference etc.
in cpanel go to mysql then scroll to the bottom where it says Db: has an input box then a submit button saying 'Add Db'
type the name you want for your database there and then click return.
Then go back and under that it says create user. Choose a username and choose a password.
Go back again now and above those previous 2 options should be two drop down boxes. Choose the username you selected and the database just created then click 'Add user to Db'.

The database name is a combination of your cpanel username and the name you just created eg my name is mathiaus and the db username is dbuser1 so the full username would be
mathiaus_dbuser1

the database is also a combination so if i were to create one called people it would in fact be called
mathiaus_people

Hope that helps
Matt Smile
SBrian
Thank you very much. At first I want to do it all by myself, but I couldn't Confused Confused