FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Buying Links Is a Good Idea or Not?

the-guide
All of us known that links that point to our website are the most important factor that influences the position of our website in search results. However, buying links is a very hot and widely controversial topic between webmasters.

The problem is... "Buying or selling links that pass PageRank is in violation of Google's webmaster guidelines and can negatively impact a site's ranking in search results."

Matt Cutts (Google's anti-spam engineer) recently announced that Google has been working on new algorithms and tools to detect paid links!

Code:
http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/calling-for-link-spam-reports/

And they will detect all paid links sooner or later. Also, Google has a report form for paid links that anyone might report it to Google.

So...

Should we buy links to increase the position of our website on Search Engines? Do paid links still, really help our site's rankings or there any risks and leads to quick results and strong penalties?

kislayraj
I think buying link is not good for purpose of SEO. because if Search Engines assume that the link is paid then it doesn't give more value. In fact outbound links is counted as vote for your site by search engines. but if once it assume that the link is paid it don't count the vote. and he themselves recommend using a rel="nofollow" attribute in paid links. you may buy a link for purpose of increasing your site's traffic but you can't use it for purpose of seo and increasing your site"s rank
mtorregiani
In my opinion, it depends in what are your needs. If you want to buy links only to get better ranked... well, probably is not a good idea, because you can get well rranked, but sooner or later your site will not be on Google... but on the other hand, if you want to purchase links to get more traffic, well, you take a risk, but you're not buying for the pagerank, what you need is traffic.

I'm not sure if I was very clear. Good Luck!
kislayraj
sorry but as for as my idea is concerned then Google will not penalize for paid links. ya but he just not give any value of the link to improving your rank. so it will be better if you buy some links for purpose of traffics
spring567
It is good for SEO if you buy links. But it will cost you much money if you want to your site have a good position on google. You can use this money to make your website more beautiful or faster.
kislayraj
sorry but i will sing same song
desinet1
I still do not understand, how can an algorithm detect a carefully bought link on a related site. For me, buying links is a good but costly option.
mugundhan
the-guide wrote:
All of us known that links that point to our website are the most important factor that influences the position of our website in search results. However, buying links is a very hot and widely controversial topic between webmasters.

The problem is... "Buying or selling links that pass PageRank is in violation of Google's webmaster guidelines and can negatively impact a site's ranking in search results."

Matt Cutts (Google's anti-spam engineer) recently announced that Google has been working on new algorithms and tools to detect paid links!

Code:
http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/calling-for-link-spam-reports/

And they will detect all paid links sooner or later. Also, Google has a report form for paid links that anyone might report it to Google.

So...

Should we buy links to increase the position of our website on Search Engines? Do paid links still, really help our site's rankings or there any risks and leads to quick results and strong penalties?
not a good idea for short time it will help but once analys full site its no use

dude_xyx
Well I guess that would be same like their spam blog detector which they use for their blogger.com. Tool fags all kind of sites as spam.
marea
I think natural results are better than, others, they might be slow but are long lasting.
metalfreek
Buying link is not a good idea for SEO. Just let the links build naturally and it will definitely have some results.
the-guide
Recently, J. C. Penney, Forbes.com and Overstock.com has been penalized by Google because the paid links.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-123065.html#1013526

fladry
You can use semi automatic link submission tool to submit your site to the directories. It is legal and quick(you dont to remember the directories name and you also can track the websites that you submitted to the directories).
lovelyviki
buying link is easy to be find by SE, so punishment will give your site at once.
but buying link can bring traffic and ranks faster.
spring567
I think buying links is good for your sites in the early. Now is not a good idea.
salos
Don't buy links! There are so many sources from which you can literally get thousand of links absolutely free. Write an article and post it to an article directory, post a decent comment to a dofollow blog, submit your website to link directories, bookmark your website and so on...
lovelyviki
If you only pursue short-term interests, do not care about long-term development, buying links is a good way.
If you want a long-term development, i recommend you should be careful about buying link, or had better not to buy links.
Link time and quality comparison

1. longer time link = higher quality.

2.shorter time link = worse quality.
so if you want to buy link, should keep long-term cooperation and should choose a good website.