FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

15 Tips for Healthy Eating

abohrandy
Healthy eating sets the strategy to provide you the proper nutrition, retain good health and keep you in perfect shape. There are various tips to healthy eating. And if they can be maintained well then in true term they reap great results. The first and foremost fundamentals should be having regular family meals in fixed intervals. Always go for healthy foods and do not bang upon junk snacks.

If you are the one who make decisions food items to be prepared at home, then be a role model and put the practice on the other family members and specially the kids that they should grow a healthy eating habit. Here is a brief on the best 15 tips for healthy eating and this will lead you to a life fit and fine.

1.Water is the lifeline that helps us to sustain a life full of health and vivacity. So make it a practice to drink lots of water everyday. Generally, many people feel hungry very often, but it is not actually hunger but its thirst. So if you fell hungry very frequently, then drink water to fill your appetite. This practice will serve as the principal tactics among the 15 tips for healthy eating and will do you immense good to you.

2.Try to include more of fruits, green leafy vegetables, seeds and shoots to your diet. Make it sure that you should serve fruits and vegetables at every meal.

3.Prepare snacks but the ingredients should be healthy. This will be great for your kids to have a healthy life ahead.

4.One of the wisest elements among the 15 tips for healthy eating is to attribute the diet with lean meat and other foods which are rich in protein, like, fish, bean, nuts and eggs and several others.

5.Breads made of whole grains and cereals are great food items to be included in your breakfast. So try to stick to them and find out lipsmackjing recipes to serve them in an attractive way.

6.Do not go for food that are rich in fat content and give rise to cholesterol. Always avoid food which is deep fried. Go for healthy cooking methods, such as, grilling, broiling, roasting and steaming. They will make the food more palatable and will help in the digestion process.

7.Be very particular about your breakfast. Never skip breakfasts. As this is the meal that we have after a long gap. This act as an important element to break the fast after the long night.

8. Always think about what you want to attribute to your diet in a healthy way and never be fanatic about cutting up food items from the diet.

9. Do not cut of your favorite food from the diet but make sure to consume them in small amount.

10.Do not just go for three hefty meals but encourage in several mini meals throughout the day.

11.Maintain gap between meals and do not over eat, so that it can give rise to digestive problems.

12.Stock up your kitchen with healthy convenience food, such as, whole grain breads or pitas, vegetables, pre cooked brown rice and similar other food items.

13.Always go for seasonal vegetables and fruits.

14.Opt for low calorie diet, such as fat free milk, low calorie ice cream and others.

15.Always avoid sugary drinks and aerated drinks.

Follow these simple and easy 15 tips for healthy eating and you will remain healthy for life.
jennie
These 15tips are really very true.But its not posibble to maintain for a single day...
Peterssidan
Quote:
1.Water is the lifeline that helps us to sustain a life full of health and vivacity. So make it a practice to drink lots of water everyday. Generally, many people feel hungry very often, but it is not actually hunger but its thirst. So if you fell hungry very frequently, then drink water to fill your appetite. This practice will serve as the principal tactics among the 15 tips for healthy eating and will do you immense good to you.
The amount of water you consume has a lot to do with the temperature. Now in the summer I drink a lot of water but in the winter it's much less frequently. Almost only during the meals.

Quote:
9. Do not cut of your favorite food from the diet but make sure to consume them in small amount.
Do you assume my favorite food is unhealthy? Or is it just that you should always eat small amount of everything?

Anyway, good tips most of them.
Greatking
great tips! these tips are indeed good for life and healthy living, keep it up. i know its difficult to keep up with most of them but as we try them in small amounts it helps in the long run.
franzharare
abohrandy, I have just read the information tips which you have shown here. I really like that all of the tips but I just want to say you that I’m afraid drinking water before a meal has been proven false by studies carried out by BBC TV. And the another thing is that the water gives you only a temporary full feeling, then is quickly emptied from the stomach which afterward feels larger and empty. And i also believe that the only way water can reduce your feeling of hunger is if the food is mixed with water and liquidized as a soup.
jennyjohn
These tips given by you is really nice, and I think that foods with high glycemic index cause a sudden rise and fall of blood sugar level, we should drink water to make our body healthy, drinking water regularly is necessary.
Davidbroom
# Eat foods with low glycemic index: Gylcemic index is a measure of how fast a given food item increases our blood sugar level. Highest on the index is glucose with a rating of 100. High glycemic index foods have a rating of 70+, medium glycemic index foods have a rating of 56+, and 55 and below are low index foods.

Foods with high glycemic index cause a sudden rise and fall of blood sugar level. Typically, falling blood sugar levels trigger the *need* to eat more food and that creates a sense of immediate hunger. Whereas, foods with low glycemic index cause a slow increase of blood sugar level and provide consistent levels of energy for a prolonged period of time (instead of rapid rise and fall). This slow release of energy prevents the triggering of our body’s hunger-circuit and results in decreased *appetite*. [Reference: Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University]

Apples, bananas, green vegetables, and beans are some examples of foods with low glycemic index. Try eating more salads and fruits instead of heavy main course meals to reduce your intake of food during subsequent meals in the day.
# Eat slowly: This is bit controversial but there have been studies to prove that eating slowly suppresses appetite.

In the study, 30 women made two visits to Melanson’s lab, and each time they were given a large plate of pasta and told to eat as much as they wanted. When they were told to eat quickly, they consumed 646 calories in nine minutes, but when they were encouraged to pause between bites and chew each mouthful 15 to 20 times, they ate just 579 calories in 29 minutes. Reference: Physorg.com

Basically, eating your food slowly allows your brain enough time to analyze whether you stomach is full or not. Smile

Here are a few tips to help you eat slowly. Watch a movie, count the number of times you chew, engage in a conversation, read something while you are eating. There are other benefits of eating slowly - read about it in this post on Zen Habits.
# Eat a number of small meals instead of few large meals: Again, the reasoning is along the lines of slow release of energy. Large meals will raise your energy levels quickly, but that rise in the energy level is followed by a big drop soon after which induces more *hunger* and can lead to binge eating during the subsequent meals. Small meals will mean consistent level of energy - which means lower craving for food.
# Increase your dietary fiber intake: Dietary fiber increases the feeling of “fullness” and suppresses appetite.

Stomach distension (feeling full) signals a person to stop eating … Once ingested, fiber enhances satiety and prolongs satiation after a meal through distending the stomach and by prolonging retention of gastric contents. Reference: Medscape Today

Studies and clinical reports suggest that soluble fiber (such as psyllium, pectin, and guar gum) may enhance the sensation of fullness and reduce hunger cravings. For these reasons, incorporating soluble fiber into the diet may aid weight loss. Reference: University of Maryland Medical Center

Foods such as apples, peaches, oranges, grapes, vegetables are good sources of soluble fiber.
# Choose foods with lower calories per volume: Apparently, we habitually choose to eat food based on how large the portion looks, rather than looking at the calories. If we eat large volumes of given food (even if it is very low in calories), we tend to eat less during the next meal.
ankur209
Hope i'll get healthy after following these tips...!!
nigam
thank you so much....these 15 tips help me a lot....i have been lowering my fatty foods but not totally avoid them Smile. and also, i have been drinking concentrated apple juice everyday instead of the fruit which is quite expensive here in my country. hope apple juice would be give same nutrients as the apple fruit.
jasikazenith
For a healthy eating,you take a fruit,juice,vegetables,soup,salad this a best for a health and you also take a nuts,almond not take a food so much oily or a more cholesterol ,avoid a junk food this a not good for a health and do exercise.
macky
those are very helpful tips... that would be applicable to those who are going to loosen up their weight...
Colin
abohrandy wrote:
Healthy eating sets the strategy to provide you the proper nutrition, retain good health and keep you in perfect shape. There are various tips to healthy eating. And if they can be maintained well then in true term they reap great results. The first and foremost fundamentals should be having regular family meals in fixed intervals. Always go for healthy foods and do not bang upon junk snacks.

If you are the one who make decisions food items to be prepared at home, then be a role model and put the practice on the other family members and specially the kids that they should grow a healthy eating habit. Here is a brief on the best 15 tips for healthy eating and this will lead you to a life fit and fine.

2.Try to include more of fruits, green leafy vegetables, seeds and shoots to your diet. Make it sure that you should serve fruits and vegetables at every meal.

3.Prepare snacks but the ingredients should be healthy. This will be great for your kids to have a healthy life ahead.

4.One of the wisest elements among the 15 tips for healthy eating is to attribute the diet with lean meat and other foods which are rich in protein, like, fish, bean, nuts and eggs and several others.

5.Breads made of whole grains and cereals are great food items to be included in your breakfast. So try to stick to them and find out lipsmackjing recipes to serve them in an attractive way.

6.Do not go for food that are rich in fat content and give rise to cholesterol. Always avoid food which is deep fried. Go for healthy cooking methods, such as, grilling, broiling, roasting and steaming. They will make the food more palatable and will help in the digestion process.

7.Be very particular about your breakfast. Never skip breakfasts. As this is the meal that we have after a long gap. This act as an important element to break the fast after the long night.

8. Always think about what you want to attribute to your diet in a healthy way and never be fanatic about cutting up food items from the diet.

10.Do not just go for three hefty meals but encourage in several mini meals throughout the day.

11.Maintain gap between meals and do not over eat, so that it can give rise to digestive problems.

12.Stock up your kitchen with healthy convenience food, such as, whole grain breads or pitas, vegetables, pre cooked brown rice and similar other food items.

13.Always go for seasonal vegetables and fruits.

14.Opt for low calorie diet, such as fat free milk, low calorie ice cream and others.

15.Always avoid sugary drinks and aerated drinks.

Follow these simple and easy 15 tips for healthy eating and you will remain healthy for life.

You should shared good tips for healthy eating. These tips are very valuable for good health.
I get a lot of help from your these tips about eating. Thanks for sharing these eating tips.
Very good, came with them to learn. To learn from everyone's knowledge, a lot of advice.
avgukise
jennie wrote:
These 15tips are really very true.But its not posibble to maintain for a single day...

It is possible as long as one is dedicated to lead a healthy life. Just needs a little extra effort but the benefits are amazing.
mshafiq
Fruits and vegetables are the foundation of a healthy diet. They are low in calories but they are full with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fibre.
Try to eat a rainbow of fruits,like different colour of fruit and vegetables every day and with every meal.Different colour provide different benefits,so eat variety of fruits.
deanhills
We had a very interesting talk yesterday by a Biostatistician/Epidemiologist from California. A research project on longevity and at what ages people died when they were following any given diet. The study favoured vegetarianism.

At the beginning of the presentation the guy showed a list of items that apparently came up as positive in any diet, and one of them was to have a great variety of foods in the diet. Not to get stuck in doing the same thing every day. Another one was to have a handful of nuts every day. Nuts in small quantities apparently have many health benefits. When I asked the speaker afterwards he said best results were with walnuts and almonds. Another item was to have large helpings of yellow and green vegetables every day. Lots of focus on soya.
lovescience
It's good to keep a variety of foods in fridge.

So every dish you may have can be as nutrient as possible.

It's easy to feel great after eating fresh vegetables and fruits.

Nuts too are great to eat.

You can have them in the dish or eat them as dessert.
nepalstar
These tips are really very helpful to maintain our health. But its not very difficult to maintain all of them just for a single day. I will try to maintain as possible.
mshafiq
i thing any thing that god made for us is use full not a waste.so enjoy every thing.each and every think has its on important effect on human body and health,we should taste each and every thing not daily but at lest once a month.
bendiabetes
Good tips! I try to incorporate as many of these as i can each day
johans
jennie wrote:

Yes i agree..
jhon98
Yes these are really good information about he good health but the basic things that can be manage easily by any is that perfect diet and the daily workout is the basic way to keep the body health which every one can be handle easily according to it,s daily routine.