FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Few questions

mele
I got few all around questions, so I decided to post in general chat.

1. What's the value/meaning of FRIH$?
2. How do you prevent people from linking to your files directly from their websites?
3. Does FriHost allow redirecting services? I mean if your website is something like frihost.yourname, would FriHost allow you to use redirecting services to change your address to yourname.cjb.net through cjb.net website?
4. These ads inegrated on the boards is certanly the way FriHost makes money to support all the freebies provided to us. However, do they make money even if we don't click on them ads or do we have to actually click on the ads in order for them to get paid for it?

Thanks
threezeroone
mele wrote:
2. How do you prevent people from linking to your files directly from their websites?

You can prevent people hotlinking to your files by using the CPANEL's Hotlink Protection tool. If you have a CPANEL hosting account, you can easily found it there. Its easy to use, just turn it on and no smart-a-s-s can use your files in their website.

--
Good thing Frihost offers CPANEL hosting, you can get one when you complete the required no. of posts to request for hosting. Smile
n0obie4life
mele wrote:
I got few all around questions, so I decided to post in general chat.

1. What's the value/meaning of FRIH$?
3. Does FriHost allow redirecting services? I mean if your website is something like frihost.yourname, would FriHost allow you to use redirecting services to change your address to yourname.cjb.net through cjb.net website?
4. These ads inegrated on the boards is certanly the way FriHost makes money to support all the freebies provided to us. However, do they make money even if we don't click on them ads or do we have to actually click on the ads in order for them to get paid for it?

Thanks

1. http://frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10013
2. Cpanel, hotlink. Or just do it directly through .htaccess
3. Yes Wink
4. I'm not sure. You have to ask Bondings, but I think his is based on both. Views + Clicks.