FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Jimi Hendrix

agustin
Im reading a Biography of this amazing guitar player.
What do you think about his music?
gverutes
Hendrix was revolutionary both in his guitar playing and ability to engage the crowd in performance.

I've recently heard all these conspiracy stories about his death, I don't know if I buy it though...
Ankhanu
Hendrix was not just a really talented guitar player... there are tonnes of them around, that's not what made him special. What set(s) Hendrix apart from the crowd is his soul, his understanding of music; how to build a song that captures a feeling, an essence of being. He did evocative things with rhythm even more than with his melodies, but it's more subtle than the power of the soloing. He understood the relationship of sound, silence and harmony in a rather rare way.

I'm not a huge Hendrix fan, but his power, heart and influence are undeniable.
ganjour
Hendrix - the phenomenon 196x, when music was not simply a word. Unfortunately now music did not become.
Vaidio
I saw Hendrix in september in KB-Hallen in Copenhagen 3.september, just a couple of weeks before he died. It has been said that it was one of his best concerts ever. I do'nt know about that, but it was a real eye opener for me. I can still recall the experience Wink
Blaster
Very good guitar player and performer. He had a bunch of good songs that are still popular. He picked up the guitar and taught himself how to play it left handed. If you ask me that is talent in itself.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your biography. Let us know of anything that might be interesting that we wouldn't already know
Blummer
Vaidio wrote:
I saw Hendrix in september in KB-Hallen in Copenhagen 3.september, just a couple of weeks before he died. It has been said that it was one of his best concerts ever. I do'nt know about that, but it was a real eye opener for me. I can still recall the experience Wink

Reading stuff like this..really makes me cry. Saying 'You were lucky' would be too easy. You've yourself become a part of the history Wink Unforgettable experience.
sixstring_psycho
Have always loved his music since I was a young teenager! He is the one that made me want to play guitar, although I have never sounded like him! I have read that he was the type of musician that would play with just about anyone. Not just certain people, didn't matter how good they were or anything. He would also be up late at night and come up with some music, call a friend or band mate and be like "I just came up with this cool riff/song. Come over and lets jam!" Not in those exact words, but you get the point. The way he moved and played onstage was awesome! You can tell that he actually "felt" his music, didn't just "play" it. I have the Easy Rider soundtrack on vinyl that I have yet to hear, I need a record player.... one of these days I will get one (a NOFX vinyl as well)! Happy reading and keep us posted! Laughing