FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Has you been banned from a site you never registered?

milleja46
Ok, i was trying to go to brew's forums, and sign up, and both email addresses are blocked! Has this ever happened to you guys? And how would you fix it?

The one's i tried to use were gmail, and aol's email and both blocked as i mentioned. brewforums.qualcomm.com says admin has blocked, though i have only gone there as a guest and never signed up before.....
jmraker
Some sites choose to block certain domain names, usually from sites that can give someone any number of throw away accounts. It's not you, it's probably some troll who kept coming back after being banned. You can try using your isp's email address, or keep trying different addresses.
deanhills
Sometimes it is not only the e-mail domain that is blocked, but your choice of a log-in. Also, I wonder whether once the registration script has identified your domain as "spam" whether it also registered your ISP as an origin for spam, so that even if you use other log-in's that it won't make a difference. If you are really that desperate to register, maybe you should try something from another ISP, maybe an Internet Cafe, and see how you do. Also check whether there is a FAQs section in the Website, maybe you're not the only one that has been caught like this, and there are suggestions in the FAQs for getting past this problem.
milleja46
well what i am wondering is if there is another email service i can try, because i first tried on home laptop then 2 others, even the gmail as my email, and then the aol, as i am trying to register, is there anything else i could try? Question

I think i am gonna have to go with somehthing non-web based for this, and it sucks check out this thread http://brewforums.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=20488&highlight=blocked+emails so annoying...because web based ones are so easy to access.....from anywhere........
Helios
Some sites and even IRC channels block my entrance since I'm from Israel. Political reasons are also reasons I guess.
Other than that, as deanhills your name or email can be associated with spam and/or other attacks.
Of course, it can be just plain "luck" and the site is not allowing registrations with your email domain. Some sites disallow public email accounts for some strange reason. <-- can be the case of this website!
If that's so, try using your ISP mail.
jmlworld
Yes. I have seen such site which throws the error message "the email address is blocked" and something like that. I think some web masters prefer to block certain domain names such as @hotmail.com and @yahoo.com, since these two services use confusing spam filters.

I would suggest you use Gmail or your ISP's domain instead. That may solve your problem.
milleja46
Well according to the link i posted, absolutely no WEB BASED EMAIL is allowed there, and i can't open outlook on my computer because of the fact it got deactivated when i reinstalled my windows xp os. Just gotta find a non-web based email service like outlook.......
jmraker
You can try mailinator.com.
http://mailinator.com/

It's a site that lets you pick any email address. For example you could use "milleja46@mailinator.com" or anything. The downside is that anybody can view the emails and the emails are deleted after a few hours. mailinator.com is probably blocked, but there's a few alternate domains
http://mailinator.com/randomdomain.jsp
Keep refreshing for another domain name.

so "milleja46@mailinator.com" and "milleja46@suremail.info" both go to the same place.

There's a few other websites that do the same thing
medesignz
domains and certain user names are the usual cause for instant "dis" approval to such websites.

I dont know if IP addresses would also be a factor, but thats very unlikely.

I wouldnt get too paranoid about it Very Happy
Vrythramax
Helios wrote:
Some sites and even IRC channels block my entrance since I'm from Israel.

nah...it just cuz your you. Laughing
Helios
Vrythramax wrote:
Helios wrote:
Some sites and even IRC channels block my entrance since I'm from Israel.

nah...it just cuz your you. Laughing

In that case I know who's blocking, Mr. IRC Admin... Rolling Eyes
standready
I have never had that happen to me. Guess I won't visit their forums since all my e-mails are web based.
sudipbanerjee
Yes I have tried to become member of calcuttaglobalchat.net with my gmail id. But it shows that this id has been banned. But I am almost sure that I have no membership in this forum. I am thinking to send a mail to its administrator to get the clarification about it.
zacky
milleja46 wrote:
Ok, i was trying to go to brew's forums, and sign up, and both email addresses are blocked! Has this ever happened to you guys? And how would you fix it?

The one's i tried to use were gmail, and aol's email and both blocked as i mentioned. brewforums.qualcomm.com says admin has blocked, though i have only gone there as a guest and never signed up before.....

there's a couple of reason why it respond like that.. i mean the site..

well i think if you are not registered to this website before, maybe someone else use it.. OR

maybe you enter to a website or registered before that you was banned there and what happen is the

website that you get banned was company sister of the brewforums.qualcomm.com.. well there's alot of

reason why it was happen.. that's only a 2 reasons out of million reasons.. lol...
meep
My isp got banned from a site once, too bad i had to use for school at that time, so i had to do all of it at school Sad
Glad it wasn't for something I would visit by myself though Very Happy
milleja46
thanks for the help....
Xanify
What might've happened, if you're accessing the forum from from school/uni, is that someone else in your school/uni got themselves IP banned. When you try to sign up, the system figures you're that loser and doesn't let you in.
milleja46
That don't make sense, as i did it on my comp, my grandmother's comp, and the school comps, it's because of these well known throw-away address companies.....
Ghost900
I know that some forums don't allow registration with certain less known email domains but not allowing Gmail would cut out a lot of people from being able to join.

Since you tried it on your home computer it is unlikely your IP was banned so I am not sure why it wouldn't have worked and they won't let you register. Smile

I have never had this happen to me but I use an MSN domain name that is harder to make multiple of.
medesignz
what are the throw away email websites?
Da Rossa
Sometimes I get blocked not because of my e-mail address, but for my brazilian ip. Also, we disrespectfully were stripped from the privilege of watching some 24 videos at FOX's site www.fox.com/24 saying: "The video you're trying to watch cannot be viewed from your current country/location". Pathetic.
milleja46
medesignz wrote:
what are the throw away email websites?

Gmail, hotmail, stuff like that. Since they are popular and give you as many addresses as you could want.
czarulit
Some time ago I couldn't register on some website becaouse my ip was blocked (I have a static one, so it seemed quite strange), but it was the only case.
milleja46
that's just weird....
Greatking
that has never happened to me before but i wonder why such a thing should happen. being banned from a site should only happen when you are doing an illegal thing or something definately wrong.
milleja46
Yeah, i came to that conclusion a long time ago, someone with these common e-mail accounts went in and spammed, so they blocked the ones i use.
_AVG_
Well, funnily enough, I was once banned from my own site (which was a PHP Nuke of course). I still can't figure out how that happened.

There I was trying to install a new module when ... BAM! My IP Adress just got banned!

Had to manually edit the database to lift the ban then.
milleja46
Wow, that makes no sense, does anyone know why you would get banned from your own site for installing a mod? I wanna laugh so hard after reading the above post, but at the same time i feel bad.....so conflicting thoughts....
ankitdatashn
Never Happened with me uptill now. I guess what may have happened with you(the topic creator) is that any other person may have just entered your email address to sign up OR the domain name of your email may not be allowed on the website that you are trying to register with...
Josso
Happened to me once with red vs. blue forums or something similar, no idea why I assumed it was because my rvb related email but I think it might have been some kind of system error.
Bikerman
Ghost900 wrote:
I know that some forums don't allow registration with certain less known email domains but not allowing Gmail would cut out a lot of people from being able to join.

Since you tried it on your home computer it is unlikely your IP was banned so I am not sure why it wouldn't have worked and they won't let you register. Smile

I have never had this happen to me but I use an MSN domain name that is harder to make multiple of.

Ghost,
As someone who runs a forum in another place, we routinely report spam IP addresses, user addresses (email) and partial domain names to a variety of sources - spamhaus, stopformspam etc.*
If the ISP uses dynamic IP addressing it could be that another client of the ISP has used this particular IP address before and it has been registered with the spam sites. We automatically block anyone trying to register from a reported spam address, and sometimes from listed full/partial domains. This might be happening here...just a thought...

* I'm not talking about FRIH here - I refer to another forum entirely