FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much time do u spend on computer?

How many hours a day do you spend on internet?
Less than 1
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
1 to 2
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
3 to 4
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
5 to 7
21%
 21%  [ 14 ]
8 to 10
27%
 27%  [ 18 ]
11 to 14
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
15 or more
16%
 16%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 65

tommy.studio
How many time do u spend on computer?
Me: about 5 hours a week
Nameless
The amount of hours a week I spend on my computer... hang on, just let me get out my calculator...

2 many.
tommy.studio
Nameless wrote:
The amount of hours a week I spend on my computer... hang on, just let me get out my calculator...

2 many.

u mean that more than 20?
mele
I couldn't possibly start to calculate that, even though I have reduced my time spent on computer by at least 60% I still spend....who knows, anywhere between 20-30 hours weekly.
Tasadduq Khan
Right now as my university is on. I can't spen much time on my computer. Except university work I can only spend 2-3 hours daily on computer including surfing.
That sucks but I can understand that study is more important.
tommy.studio
Tasadduq Khan wrote:
Right now as my university is on. I can't spen much time on my computer. Except university work I can only spend 2-3 hours daily on computer including surfing.

u are right!
study is more important.
But some students donnot think so.
They playing computer day by day.
This affects their learning a lot.
Jammydodger
Well lets just say I got 2 work and am on the computer from 9-5 then come home and am on it again form about 7-11, on the weekends are pritty much all day jobs.
so I think about 60-80 hours a week for me, sad I know.
raedzaro
almost five hours daily Laughing
threezeroone
before my computer got busted last 2 months ago, I spend 2-3 hours using the PC. Now, theres no computer that I can use.
budazz
i think i spend 12 hours a day in my computer..

games....web designing, creating sigs... Laughing
angelo
Without the internet connection, probably five hours a day plus with an internet connection of 4 hours. That's plenty of time facing my computer. Take note that it is only the average amount of time per day. Sometimes, I go over board! Very Happy
windval
about 1hour per day
pll
all the time lost I have I go on my computer... Very Happy
dodomi
I just use computer in weekend,because i am study in school and live in school hostal.But when i back home i will spend 15 hours in computer,use for play online games...
xueku
in my holiday i will spend 8-10 hours in computer,
but in weekdays i usually spend 1-2 hours Embarassed Embarassed
Toshi
I'm a computer freak. I'm always on a computer somewhere ^^' I love webdesign and all that stuff. I currently study multimedia at college. I'm soooooo in love with my little mac computer! I buy it with my own money *proud* Soooooo i think i can spend about more than 10 to 15 hours a day, 15 when i get a rush of homeworks and projects and stuff.
Dark_Jedi06
Far too much time...>_>

Sometimes 5 hours in a day, sometimes more.
adwya
me 5 hour in day

Laughing Surprised Surprised Surprised Laughing Laughing Laughing
ashok
6-10 hours a day Smile Smile Smile
Anti-Camper
10 hours day on weekend..
on week i'm not here!
School! Rolling Eyes
Kalzenith
probably about 5 hours every day
silentpark
tooooo much

just to much...
i think i should change something about that... tsss... im addicted... *gg Embarassed
tommy.studio
Wa! Most of u spend a lot of times on computer!
This afect your health a lot.
Mind your healthy! Mad
noliver
I spend waaaay to much time on the computer. Well actually its normally more than one computer. The one runs Linux and the other one runs Windoze and I use them both for writing,painting and programming. So you are most probably looking at about 16 hrs a day ! More than that If play online gaming as well Smile
falconfx
3-4 hours daily and sometimes 5 Wink
jim1990
3 hours a day, yes that bad Rolling Eyes
vazdecarvalho
It depends, but normaly 3 to 5 hours/day.
windrei
for me, it's about 4 hours a day :
checking emails, looking for jobs, making homepage, chating with friends, going to forums like here... ... etc. and sometimes playing games~~
PigFarker
Im basically addicted to it! I'd say most of my day im on my computer. Weather its photoshopping images, playing games, or even browsing forums, you'll see me logged on AIM all day.
hofer
5 hours during the week and 10 in the weekend, some months ago i would say 20 during the week but now i don't have so much freetime.
Kerissa_46901
When I first started computing I wasted hour after hour surfing mostly for questionable stuff. You know what I am talking about guys. Now 10 years later I have started two successful businesses on the internet for PLUS size clothing. I would have never guessed at that time if I spent the energy which I wasted into something productive I could make money too.
Alienz
around 8 to 10 hours daily
LemonMan
Well, if we give you the right answer do we get a prize? =) I spend about 5 hours a day on the computer =P and 5 times 7 is about 35. =P So do i get a prize, its a new car right? Where do i pick it up? Where! xD

~Cody =P
spin doctor
i spend practically all my time in front of the computer except when im a t school but as soon as i get home i go on it and go off at 12-12:30 to go to bed and then do the same again the next day lol
on saturdays i dont go to bed and stay on the pc throughout the night because i have sooo much to do and loads of projects to see to i never bet bored, im not fat BTW
TimsJugling
Very Happy for me it would have to be about 5 - 8 hours a day (when im not grounded). im 14, home schooled, and have three computers and 1 laptop. so I got all things going for me! lol. Im heavy into gaming! Rolling Eyes
twiztid
mhhhm.. 6 hours in a day.. sometimes more Cool
waring
3-4 hours max
Rookie_Guy
I think the question is how much time do I spen "away" from the computer.But with exams coming up I have to spend less time on it Sad
lockwolf
way too much not counting school
Lukrasha
Rookie_Guy wrote:
I think the question is how much time do I spen "away" from the computer.

same here, especially between playing CS:S and programming... and then when you add schoolwork on top of it it becomes like a full time job... except you don't get paid Evil or Very Mad
qljune
alot alot...
I think I will feel so lost without it. The attack of the intelligent boxes!!!
*gasp* Confused
shwetanshu
i spend nearly 6-7 hrs a day
dxhunter
My computer work dayly about 10 hour I make every think waching TV ussualy.
ronitvohra
Just Completed my graduation...and busy surfing for almost 12-14hours..

no work for me..............for the next one month..till i will start preparing for my entrance exams....
aniitopia
If it is a weekday then around 1-2 a day but sometimes I dont get on at all. But if it is a weekend around 8-10 hours.
planet
Poor thingie ya got it all wrong,, its

HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU SPEND A W A Y FROM THE C O M P U T E R ? =)
Darcey
I spend a lot of hours every day on my computer..
First of all its my hobby and job.

You can think about more then 10 hours a day
I dont know what all i do but its not really normal hehe.
But anyway i like to do it so

Greetings
Chap
hehe alot of time my wife say too much Smile....
But learning HP building and such.. then it's cost time....
Think i use about 6-9 hour's a day on...
Play lot of Online games too...
[FuN]goku
3 hours on weekdays (monday to thursday) weekends 15 hours (friday to sunday)
elefee
about 7hour a day
JayBee
about 8 hours a day
sleeping-school-computer-sleeping-school-computer.....
sometimes I also eat
GiLaD
If I have some time, so I spend more than 5 or 6 hours, but if i don't have time so i bearly touch the computer.
jinn666
Too much time. Go to work: on the computer. Go Home: on the computer. I need a break.
CamiBor
tommy.studio wrote:

i stop counting LOL
i dont know im everyday in the computer in
diffrend count of hours Rolling Eyes
mbgamez
i spend roughly 3 hours a day on the pc!
guybrush
I spend 2-5 hours/day, but my computer is always connected to the net.
frozenhead
I usually spend 6-8 hours in a week.. Uhm, it sometimes depends on how much work I'll have to finish for a month and one time I had spent 32 hours straight.

mceejaydee
2 hours a day. Then go outside, need some sunlight
Aimewitue
a lot of time,too much time Very Happy
about 6 hours/day
elcyron
hmm.. let's see. 8 hours at work, 6-8 i private. sometimes working with two computer simultanously... does that count twice?

let's just say 16 hours a day
johnabraham
easily over 4-5 hours a day, as i have to do a lot of stuff related to work or university to finish on my laptop...can be fun most of the times but after sometime u cant stand to be in front of the computer anymore...u just get sick and tired of it...
brosta
As much as possible roughly 8hrs and I go to school. When Im not hangout with my freinds...
geyikkutuphanesi
if I can get frihost I will spend more time with computer than now Laughing
mark
I am on the computer for a minimum of 4 hours a day. I program them at school and also work at home. I am not what you call, obsessed with computers, but yes, I am addicted to them.
jarcelao
i spent 8 hours a day at work and maybe 2-3 hrs at home. its a total of 10-11 hours a day.

whoa! i think i'm spendin' too much time with these damn machines... Very Happy Cool
SgtGarcia
I spend about 2-3 hours a day on my computer, but my pc is alwayds connected
Raijenki
24/7, because i host highs files to my friends download it ^^
infonewz
I spend between 20 hours weekly. specialy for internet activity
ChesterB
9-12h/day i' don't have job Very Happy and i' life in Poland...
xsourcenet
probally about 14-20 hrs.
snowflake
Hmm... probably around 1-5 hours a day, depending if I have other work to do or not. The computer rocks. Smile
lerman
alot!!! sometimes 10-14 hours a day sometimes half hour a day its changed every day if i have something to do on my PC ill do it until ill finish i cant give up hoh
MaZe
tommy.studio wrote:
Tasadduq Khan wrote:

u are right!
study is more important.

Rolling Eyes
I spend about 7-8 hours a day at my pc... Embarassed and i'm a student... yes, this affects a bit my learning... Rolling Eyes
abone
I spend min. 5-6 hours.

I have spent time until 2 day so far non stop.
shobair
AROUND 2 HRS A DAY
scarecrow
far too long and not long enough. too long cause theres other things i shuld be doing, and not long enough because im still not good enough at CS source Cool
scarecrow
So ah what exactly does everyone do whith there mega amounts of time?? Online gaming?? Surfing the net?? Uni work??. We should make a poll about this
zerodefect
im usually on my computer for at least 8 hours a day monday to friday because my occupation requires it. im usually on it just the same on weekends playing catchup on work that im behind in because i just seem to get bored at work and play flash games all day haha. so i would say 8 hours a day everyday which is 64 hours a week on average. wow i never relized how many hours of my lifes i must just waste away on the internet. no wonder my eyes are getting so bad, maybe its time for a break.
dubaichat.de
i call t wasted time ..14 hours regulary
ekingisrael
i'm spending about 3 hours MINIMUM per day at the computer-sometimes I find myself sitting infront of the computer without any reason-just sitting with computer on-it became a really bad habit-i'm losing almost all day time at the computer-which because of it i'm not really communicating with my family and freinds-the computer is the oxygen at my life-i cant live one even one day without my computer. Rolling Eyes
izimngcubes15
Average, I think. Just around 2 hours a day. I can't get on too long anyway, too much homework now....I don't like junior year -.-
completeforums
Way too many.
I can't even count.
statusfashions
my average time around net is about 16-17 hrs.
my longest time was 22 hrs Shocked
when i was creating my site
artur.h
30-50 hours a week at work

+ another 30-50 hour a week at home or in tea room or in a train/plane...

----
on total 8O hours on average
djblaster
3 hours at least per day!
jinn666
How much I spend time on the computer a day;

30 mins in the morning, 6 hours at work and 3 hours in the evening at home.
Satal Keto
Usually im on my pc about 18 hours a day but sometimes if theres a game im playing its usually 21 hours a day lmao......

So yeah i spend a lot of time on mine.
djblaster
jinn666 wrote:
How much I spend time on the computer a day;

30 mins in the morning, 6 hours at work and 3 hours in the evening at home.

Shocked Shocked Shocked computer maniac?Razz
bvit
Hmm... 5-10 Hrs... Per Day...
earthchild
too much time, that's all i can really say for now
abhinav
3-4 hrs daily almost....
TheBeekeepers
I spend about 4-6 hours on the computers on weekdays, about about 12 hours or so on the weekend.
Mark999111
hey

Just wondering as i spend waaaay too much time on the computer. Today is a saturday and ive stayed in all day, which is unusual for me i guess, but i reckon ive sat at this thing for about 5hours already! And its only 7.40pm here so im likely to spend the rest of the night here.

I should really go exercise or something...

I dont usually spend that long on, each weekday its about 2hours.
Insaniac
3 hours... and about.... 5 on weekends... (This is an average)
myrevolt
I probably spend over 5 hours per day (weekends even longer) Also I know there was a similar thread about a month or so ago...
maclui
well at home for personal purpose, I spend like 4 hours everyday since I wake up In the morning at 7 am, and the go to work where I spend another 4 hours in front of a computer.
On weekend I guess it is about 30% less, since I have to go out with my girlfriend or friends.
odinstag
I am on the computer for several hours a day most days. Doing one thing or another. Either forums or looking up something.

Every day. If the ISP cuts out, I don't know what to do with myself.
gonchiweb
wooow, i shouldnt answer because im a have shame.......hahaha.... i spend lots of hours in front the computer 5-6 hours week and weekends
8-9 in spite of im used to hang out with friends on weekends. However i spend 40 hrs per week-average- (or more), its a lot. lamentably, i would have to use glasses, before time..... because of the monitor radiation.
byeeee
lbs
Oh, about 2 hrs a day and none on the weekend Very Happy
zzly202
more or less than 3hours per day at weekdays

and 12or more hours per day at weekends

haha

think i'm crazy?nop

because for me,there's nothing else really good to do

i'm lazy at going outside exercizing although i know it is always the beautyful day for it

don't mess it up though,i'm not fat,instead i'm thin,130pounds

i don't know why about it

so what i do at home i s to spend my life with my computer

most of the time i chat with my friends(i got many friend spending the time just like me hehe)

anything else i do? oh ,yup,i download and wacth movies besides chatting

what a debauchery life ,hunh? Rolling Eyes
photon
about 3 hours on weekdays. just browse the net, check mail, and of late, im working on my website

on weekends, about 5-6 hrs. i go through all my music collection, d/l stuff, arrange bookmarks, do some coding, etc
Grant_Weaver
Probably around 4-6 hours daily.
yule
Probably around 15-18 hours daily. Laughing

I nearly all day on-line,
lavender
you guys are so crazy...... Shocked Shocked Shocked
bananaphone
smokey4life
lol well a lot of my work is online but besides that for personall use im still on an average of 5 hours a day everyday, hey what can i say im an addict not to mention i have lots of sites to run. Wink
killerXqueen
I spend about nine hours a day....*giggles*, but I work in front of a computer all day, so for me, it's kind of mandatory.
bao
I am online about 5~6hrs.
jarcelao
i usually spend around 6-8 hrs a day. Very Happy Cool

does that make me an internet freak? Laughing
Mark999111
yule wrote:

lol thats a bit much!
BigBoss
Maybe a couple (2) or so hours every day or at least every other day.
Alienz
around 8 to 10 hours a day.
sibbahz
I spend far too long on the computer when i dont have much better to do, 5 hours maybe on a weekend. I spend a lot less time online if theres something more intresting happening.
During the week i work 4 hours, also in front of a computer but not online (in a call centre)
So in the week usually work plus an hour or so and however long im on a pc at school.
Mark999111
sibbahz wrote:
I spend far too long on the computer when i dont have much better to do, 5 hours maybe on a weekend. I spend a lot less time online if theres something more intresting happening.
During the week i work 4 hours, also in front of a computer but not online (in a call centre)
So in the week usually work plus an hour or so and however long im on a pc at school.

May i ask where your from?
DJHicks
u mean theres something else other then computing to do??????

hahaha

too many hours is mine, pritty much online all day unless im at the studio dj-ing...
Slammer
im online pretty much all the time im home and not sleeping. Laughing
JessieF
Mark999111 wrote:
yule wrote:

lol thats a bit much!

I usually spend 7-10 hours a day on the computer.
If I didn't have school, I'd probably be online 24/7 ! Smile
silvermesh
not nearly enough...

I get maybe a couple hours a day.

back in my prime I used to be on at least 12 hours a day, and there were times when I was on for 32+ consecutive hours . Then one day you get a life and don't have time >_<
gOOdkid
Well usually it's about 5 hours a day (not in a row, but on average)...but for some reason, I couldn't sleep tonight so today I stayed up all night on the computer trying to figure out something (don't even know what o_O)
Adrenalin
Well... When I'm working, I spend 8 hours in front of PC... and some 2 hours at home...
SamGung
probably around 10 hours a day, i need to cut back, i stay online way too much
deca
I spend about 4 hours online on weekdays. I couldn't tell you about weekends. It varies on the weekend, but most of the time it is more than during the week.
waiteck
Around 2-4 hrs normally.. After exams, it would be 8 hrs
hahame
about 6 hours,but on weekdays ,i sometimes stay all day online.i do not know why i spent so much time online ,maybe my life are just pale.
Davidgr1200
As I work with computers I'm online 8 hours a day during the week (though not always actively doing internet work). At the weekends and in the evenings it probbaly averages out about 1 hr a day, though it varies a lot. Large downloads I can do at work where I have access to a fast connection.
EVILSKAAP
Well my life is based on the net. Im online for most of the day, also using my mobile phone. Most of the time im editing my mobile wap site or chatting, MAYBE downloading. So yeah im online atleast 10 hours.
rhys925
im online practically 24\7 but im not active for that long

im only actually active on the net for about 4 hours a day
darrell
i spend almost whole day using the computer...
neosree
Well I spend about 3 hours a day on the net. Cool
And also spent another 3 hours a day infront of the computer.
It is for studying(MCSE).
straat18
yeah i spend like 14 hours a day on my comp playing games and making php websites
xuma
8 or 9 hours .And i want to ask a question.What can we escape this dependence?
killerXqueen
Well, I have to honestly say...I spend way too much time in front of the computer. Even though I love talking to people, it is much better to get out there in the real world and enjoy the company of good friends. So yeah. I'm online about 10 hours a day now.
digibluez
Too much....all day long!
thiamshui
Around 4-5 hours per day.. If there is work to do or games i m addicted to, it can stretch to 8 hrs or more n i m not kidding.. Razz
jazrt
I go through spurts and spats of not being on the computer at all and on the Internet.
To spend like all day on the Internet.
plus also doing something like playing GTR online.
or V8 supercar's
way way way too much time online
ajoaktree
2-6 hours during the week if I'm working that day...
4-10 hours on me days off & weekends.
SNES350
3 hours each Sunday, 1 or 2 each Saturday and 1 or 2 each weekday. I have a lot of homework every weekday, and Sundays I typically don't hang out with friends (do my homework on Sundays).
indrasakty
almost 12 hrs in fornt of my pc every day.. Smile
Kiliox
Hmm, I'm used to spend over 3 hours each day, and more at the week end.
dpsthree
I just recently had to quit my job for an upcoming surgery and I'm not allowed to strain myself, so I spend about 10 hours+ on my computer daily. When I am working I still spend about 5 hours.
btocakci
1 hour producing something; and another 10 hours without doing anything just surfing.I hate myself...
lockwolf
So long that I refuse to go to the bathroom...Wait, Thats better!
DannyDean
I'm used to 3-4 per day.
Less on weekends.
bgdates
it depends.. if i`m not at work or on lectures at the university i can spend from 1 to 12 hours a day
aalmighty
I spend about 3-4 hours a day, weekday or weekend.
meretyping
um five hours a day weekdays and six hours/day weekends? [this includes time in computer class, doing homework, writing etc.]

i know it's a lot, but i just instant message my friends and read blogs; sometimes i code, but i hardly play games anymore. so technically, it's not that wasteful.
shwetanshu
6-7 hrs on weekdays and whole day on weekends
lavender
more than 4 hrs on weekdays and 10hrs on weekends
solomagos
It depends on the day, but usually I spend from two to five hors a day. Sometimes more, sometimes less. My mom gets mad about it!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
quartz
6-10 hours each day.
mjohnson
maybe 3-5 hours but offen over 10 hours:)
if I am busy studing I will get offline allways
Pikokola
0~3 hours in a normal day, weekend for about 4~12 hours, on holiday could reach 24hour Sad
Cream
I spend way too long on the internet, usually at least 5 hours each day..
peetter
I spend WAY too much time on the internet. Way too much.
Sometimes I start surfing at 8-9 a clock in the evening and then I suddenly realise the clock is 2.00 and I'm supposed to the up in 4.5 hours. That sucks. Razz I'm hooked.
Varun
i usually spend 7-8 hrs on weekdays and on weekends maybe 12-13 hrs...do you people think i should get out of this and get a life or something?
clip
I usually wake up at 9am, and sleeps at 2-3am. so lemme see, 9, 10, 11, 12, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ,10, 11, 12 ,1 ,2, 3.

There you go! 19 hours every weekends and on weekdays, prolly 8-10 hours Very Happy
manumiglani
i spend 10-12 hours a day 3 days in a week

Manu Miglani
wrightbros
i think internet use has already peaked for me. i'm in my 20s now, and spend 1-2 hrs doing stuff online, but i used to spend ~4 hrs online in high school. i think internet use probably tapers off for most people as they go into college.
eday2010
I'm technically online all day at work since I am a website coordinator. At home, I spend 2-4 hours online the nights I am at my place. I watch TV at the same time. On weekends, I am not on much anymore because I am usually with my fiancée out doing something or watching a movie. A few years ago I would spend all my time online. Weekends were the worst. Some days I would be on when I got up and wouldn't get off until I went to bed. Glad those days are over Smile
icedGEEK
I spend way too much time on the computer ;
If I'm not photoshopping or chatting to people ; I'm playing video games.

I rarely watch tv. Wow ; I should get out more.
Tjcrazy
I uselly go on 3-5 hours on a weekday and 5-9 hours on a weekend. I should get out more to but oh well
supersonic
I spend about 3 hours online a day.
CVveulschik
Quite long, usualy when i yust came home
Jayfarer
I can do 5 hours easily.
Einargan
iam sitting with the computer: 6t every day. Laughing
iam making stuff like: websides, programs, pictures, flash... Very Happy
irish_18
6 hours daily ^-^ but 10-12 hours on weekends.. haha!
[FuN]goku
monday - thursday i spend 6 hours friday to sunday i spend 16 hours... (oh yes what a life i have Smile )
amusic
one third of my time is sitting infront of the computer. Smile
moejoe
About 6 hours during the weekend
and about 3 hours during the week day.
maristar
too much!! way too much...
tojo
I spend 2~3 hours a day. but, 5~6 hours in vacation.
avk
I am almost 21 hrs near my computer screen in a week.
djared90
Hmm....let's see. Combining computer, Gamecube, and calculator (yes I make games for the TI-83+)... On weekdays, usually something like 3-4 hours a day, but on weekends and holidays anywhere around 3-8 hours, depending on what I have going on.

What do I do with all that time on the computer? Play games, make games and other programs, listen to music, talk with my friends on IM, check my e-mails...oh, yeah, and do some homework when I have to.
thezet
Far to much time! 8 hours at work everyday and then another 2-3 hours at home Exclamation

On the other hand I don't wath TV at all Cool
justup2002
for me it would be easier to find out how many hours a week i dont spend on the computer im on it all the time
susanna mayfair
Anywhere from 1-5 hours. Just depends on what I am doing. The last couple days I have been on a lot doing school work. One more week for this semester!
webbone
10 hours per day,work and play game! Laughing
mOOnGuardian
I always spend 10 hours a day. Computer is my life... lol
laima
on day i spend approximetly 2 h on computer, because i have also learn on it...
jovemac
The time I sleep 6-8 hrs and the time i spend in bathroom & toilet is exempted from being in front of the computer.
rvec
if at school also counts it could be arount 6 hours a day. And in the weekend and vacation some more. (up to 12)
no.name.zg
I spent 3-4 hours on my computer per day at normal work day, at the weekend 10h or more, at week i thik i spent 30-40h.
-----------------------------------------
Jebote kolko nas ima.....
-------------------------------------------------
Neka pati koga smeta hrvatska je prvak svijeta!!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------
eepman
About 5 hours on my personal computer every weekday and more on weekends.
jaam23
Too much bloody time!

I log on about 8am and log off about 11pm/12am pretty much every day.

Between 8am - 6/7pm its majority work.
azhang7
lesse lesse....way too much...theres just so much to do on the internet Smile
joshua_erceg
About 2 hours a day...
greekcovers
i think i spend 6-8 hours a day in my computer, too much time for administrate my forum, web design and more...
Kenneth.MC
I spend most of my time on the computer, every day and all week long for 365 days of the year.

What else is there fun to do?
blazachicken
me? about in the morning 3hrs in the afternoon and night 6 hrs umm 9hrs
blazachicken
o if its the weekend all day literaly and no i dont get tired wen im on the computer
66Badmin
I spend all day working with computers so its good to get time away from them but they have become such an important tool its hard so would have to say about 5 hours a week away from 'working' on them
hassine
about 9 hours per day and about 30 hours at the weekend
Haposai
I can't remember what I use to do with my time BEFORE computers. Hell, now I work on a computer for 8-9 hours a day, then I discovered the beaty that is the Wolrd of Warcraft. Now i'm on the computer MUCH longer than I should be.

Curse you WoW... curse you and your addicting ways...

Food for though. Got Milk?
SgtGarcia
I spend avout 2-3 hours a day, and a lot more in the weekends.
speedlikecy
I spend on my computer more than 10 hour per day...
haha!!!
because playing computer game and online!
Very Happy Smile Smile
am3n
I am working as an IT staff .. so about more than 10 hours in weekday + another 8 hours if I go to office on saturday. let see if I am calculate:
10 hours x 5 days= 50 hours
plus 8 hours = 58 hours
plus several hours if some day i got to work late

so in average I spend 60 hours in front of my beloved pc
oh btw I got Sun monitor with 17" display that give me extra size of view Very Happy
just making me can't get off from my pc
argha
I spend about 8 to 10 hours on computer every day as I am into I.T Server Configuration and Support , So I have to spend all the day (mostly) in front of my PC.
Sabaku
6-7 hours/day on the weekends maby 10 hours/day
guissmo
20 - 30 hours / week
CMA
Probably about 5-8 hours a day. I still manage to have a social life, mind you... Wink
Hayloe
Im on literally 24/7 with a 3 hour break per day and about 4 hours of sleep... I cant get enough of the computer/internet, its the ultimate knowledge database and my brain is thirsty!
MrStone
haha, about 10 a day, which is totally not good for my eyes, or my homework :X. I need to go do something productive.
guissmo
Hayloe wrote:
Im on literally 24/7 with a 3 hour break per day and about 4 hours of sleep... I cant get enough of the computer/internet, its the ultimate knowledge database and my brain is thirsty!

So you're saying that you spend 17 hours a day?
Do you do anything else? =)
mcduck2002
as for me... well last time i checked it out it was too much. i think i'm addicted to bits and bytes.
TonkPilz
Ha Ha if i only got 1 cent eavry time some 1 askd me that.

well i dont really know. if i culd id spend eavry min of my day infront of a computer doing what ever i whant to do buuut i cant coz... well i too hafto pay the bill's. hmm well i guess it depends i usely turn on the comp as soon as i get home att 17:00 and it stais on till bed time about 23:00 - 00:00 so i guess 4 to 7 houers a day during the week days tho on weekend man if i have noting to do i can easely spend upp and above 12 houers on it. tho it a rare sight u se im a pure geme buff when i well start playing games the only why to get me to stop is if

1. my smokes run out and i hafto buy more

2. some 1 opens a beer less than 1 mile from whar im siting il be ther

3. food and mybe 1 or 2 toilet breakes Razz

4. a friend in need is a friend in ded but a friiend whit beer is bether[/list]
confu
i'm like 5/6 hours per day ! I like gaming though! Laughing Cool
710ths
Well far to much as I work a lot from home so it could be as high as 30+ hours per week. Then there's ebay at the weekend so another 3 hours probably.

Sad I know, but you have to earn the dosh. My misses wouldn't agree of course she would rather I get on with the decorating.
kansloos
I spend 2 to 3 hours a day
which is equal to 14 to 21 hours a week

Which is to much in my opinion...
hoonger
I can spend more than 10 hours a day becaseu I am still looking for a job.
Surfing on the monster.com, careerbuilder.com, and writing and editing the resume all the time...I hate this ....
dray101
kansloos wrote:
I spend 2 to 3 hours a day
which is equal to 14 to 21 hours a week

Which is to much in my opinion...

Same, but I probably spend 3 most days and on Sundays (I work Saturdays) I probably spend about 5 or more hours. Embarassed

I'm addicted, I need to get a life! Rolling Eyes

Oh well maybe I look on the internet for ways to get unaddicted. Wink Razz
driver
well i spend a rough 15 hours a day but im always helping with websites and irc channels so basically i have to be on lol.
jstoeffler
probably about 6-8 hours a week depending on what i'm working on
Falkien
5-8 hours a day. I have no friends Sad
ImChasingSafety
What a question man. Me being a computer nerd. From gaming, to HTML, to photoshop, to flash, to my many websites, and not to mention owning a graphic design company! Several hours a day. Possibly as high as 5 or 6 a day depending on my school classes. Good subject though.

aaron
coolabi
Good question. Sometimes I'd like to spend 12-16 hours a day. Once it happened to me, that I coudln't use a computer for 5 days. I was on holiday, but it was rather a horryday Smile for me. Do u think i am dependent? Maybe u r right. Smile
-cool
blu3bird
as long as i m wide awake, i will be online,

i m a geek. average of 12hrs a day infront of this computer.
i cant imagine wat life would be wifout her.

i love u Laughing
PatTheGreat42
I probably spend too much time on the computer.
Phil
If I'm not working or have any "Honey-Do's" around the house I'll spend 5-6 hours on it, usually messing around with my web site. but I'm trying to cut down. Spend more time with the wife and kids.
Use to be pretty bad about the computer. I was on it all the time.
I think about a bumper sticker I've seen that says "If I buy one more part for my old Ford, my wife says she'll leave me................ God I'm going to miss her!"
Just replace "buy one more part for my old Ford" with "Do anything with my computer" and that was my situation.
Kyle Katarn
How much time do I spend on the computer? WAY too much. I'm in college, and do most of my work on the computer. I work in a photography studio and use a computer all day. I do computer tech support for friends and am therefore on the computer. I come home and site down in front of the computer and work on one of the 20+ sites I have laying around. All in all, out of 24 hours, i spend about 12-14 on the computer. I know it's bad, but oh well, I'm young.
izimngcubes15
I spend around 8 hours! O.o my parents are kind of furious with me for doing so, thinks I should go outside more.
NuniPio
im either on the computer or im sleeping..
EVILSKAAP
I used to be on the internet most of the day, with most i mean 12 hours, but since i need to study ALOT more than i used to, i now rarely go on the internet more than 2-4 hours IF i go on the internet. BUT this does not mean i study more, it just means im to lazy to study and my conscience(WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?) is keeping me from using the internet so much! Anyway NJOY
Vrythramax
I live online, between work and home...aprox. 14 hours a day, and that doesn't count the fun stuff( Wink ).
Ms.Pseudo
I think usually about four hours a day, but I also play games, so i spend more time with computer than with my family. Bad me!

If I only could, I sat with my computer 24/7... Really bad me!
Jamatu
From the time I get up till the time I go sleep, except for showers or when I get bored of learning php/mySQL and I need a break.
TonkPilz
well i am connected to the web for a better part of 12 houers minimum but i dont actualy surf the web all that time i may not even be att the computer
whit a few reboots and disconnects.
TeenZine
I spenmd way to much 10 - 20 hours a day on avrage
Duncan Idaho
Hmmm. On the internet like 10 hours, then I play RPG's for a few hours.
Take or minus 30 minutes here and there to read Terry Brooks literature or books on demons from the BIble book store.(does that make sense?)
dz9c
All day
mrbofh
I usualy spend 5-7 hours, in the weekends 8! You could say that I'm addictet Razz
skygaia
Well
I spend over 5 hours on the computer a day.
I think it will increase more time as time goes on.

just 10 years ago, I didn't spend much time like now.
Bute these days, I can't live withou the internet.

2 years ago, there was big accident that we couldn't connect to internet in my country. It was like black night. ^^
seanooi
well, i think i'm the craziest one around.
I spend ALMOST 24 hours on the internet everyday, Laughing
Bondings
I think "How much time do you spend offline each day?" would have been a bit easier to answer in a lot of cases, including mine. Wink
Josso
3-5 hours probably in the week and on weekends. I usually like to go out in the summer and go on bike-rides, socialise etc. In the winter it may be much more though because there's nothing else to do
oneightwo
WAY too much. i'm online about 4-6 hours a day.

Sometimes more.

But i could be on the computer for upto 12 hours a day, some days.
aerialdreams
as soon as I get home from school i get on the computer, which is like 4:00 pm, then i stay on till when I go to bed, usually after midnight. Counting the time that I use the computer at school, I'm on for at least 8 hours a day!! OMG, I never even realized that before... maybe that's why my vision's so bad! Very Happy
Summer
wow..i spend abt 2-3 hours only . u guys are great
[FuN]goku
weekends..... 16 hours a day (fri-sat) sunday about 13 then through the week 2 hours every 2 days
statusfashions
well daily its about 14-15 hours but on holiday its more than 18 hrs.
I know people will think i am exagratting but its true.
mrbofh
I spent 6-7 hours a day, in weekends 7-8! You could say I'm addictet!
Master-
I spend to mutch. 8 hours maybe. All days at weekends.
Scorpio
statusfashions wrote:
well daily its about 14-15 hours but on holiday its more than 18 hrs.
I know people will think i am exagratting but its true.

What do you,er.. do in your free time?

Dont you have a job or something like that?
shwetanshu
2 hrs total.. sometimes 3..
1 hr at night and 1 hr in the morn
eku53ru
I spend too much time online - on a normal day, I get at least five hours at the least, and much more than that at the most. My internet tasks have grown since I was first introduced onto the internet - I remember the days when I used to feel privileged to stay online for more than ten minutes at the library.
ryanh2006
silvermesh wrote:
...back in my prime I used to be on at least 12 hours a day, and there were times when I was on for 32+ consecutive hours . Then one day you get a life and don't have time >_<

Wow you go girl!! I was gonna post something along the lines of too many hours to disclose but 32+ wow thats a record! I probably average around 4-5 hrs a day and way more on the weekends but still nowhere near 12hrs! Razz
thiamshui
I spend around 4-5 hours on weekdays.. On weekends, I can go up to 6-8 hours.. Looks like I'm spending waaay to much time on the computer.. It is not that I have much things to do, but once I turn on the computer, it will take very very long before I'm willing to turn it off..
falconfx
I usually spend 7 hours every day, except Sunday when I can spend nearly 10 hours.

Take in mind that I am a student and in the morning I'm busy with school.
secret_soul
I spend too long online for my own good. Because I don't have internet on my laptop I do have to share this computer so I guess I spend about 2 or 3 hours most weekdays. When I'm at my dad's house I'm on until about 6am and then I get up and go on again at midday so at weekends there I'm on for a long long time. When I'm at my mum's I'd say about 5 hours on weekend days. I'm working on getting her to let me get internet on my laptop though
Northgatebaseball
I spend too much time on the computer. I live in a dorm room at college, and there is absolutely nothing to do here, so I find myself on the computer quite often. I go back home in a week or so, and will start working tomorrow, so I will cut down my computer usage. I have played baseball until last year when I hurt my arm, so now I have a bunch of free time that I am not used to.
ehecatl
I don't get on too often, but when I am on, I usually spend a good 4 to 5 hours online, and that's on a weekday when I have to get up for school the next day... Razz I'm a computer junkie >_<
afracsass
i spend most of the time i awake on online surfing. it's way too much i need to cut back my online time too.
If anyone know a site that consult online-addiction please recommend me one, i'll stick to that site online Very Happy
FriBogdan
Easy! I'm browsing the web 2 hour's and 3-4 for online games like Lineage or MU. Hm...it is true that this game create dependence but...wtf...this is life. Anyway...the internet is the best thing for our generation.

\0/
Khalid
I personally could not live without my computer and the internet,#. I usually spent about half a day on it. But then again is "I do a 3D Digital course in Uni classify as a excuse for my addiction" lol Embarassed
Khalid
I used to be a great fan of online gaming like Unreal Tournament and Age of Empires and all others but i havent looked into online gaming for years now and i was woundering what is the game to be playing right now
mae1strom
I spend roughly 5 hours a day. Shocked
Slizer
Usually anywhere from 2 hours to 8 hours a day, sepending on how much work I have and how I feel.
bulek
I usually spend 4+ hours, depends on how much free time I have. It also depends if I have working days or holidays.
darthfalk
Hi! When i'm at work or at university, i spend 1 or 2 hours a day.

When i am at home, i think 4 or 5.
jabapyth
3-5, usually, but sometimes none.
on weekends more.
(by 'online' do you meen 'on the comuter'?)
ldnnyktky
I'm 5-8 hours a day.
Although i cannot access some site from office PC, I always in front of PC.
JayBee
Whole day and whale night.
Scoria
dunno really.
Was out quite a lot at night, at day im mostly bored... depends if school work and a lot more as well Smile
JessieF
Currently, I am on the computer 24/7.
thegamecreator
Weekdays Roughly 5-7 hours

weekends 10+

but this isnt fair...my job is online
Tatsumaru
Sometimes 3-4 hours, sometimes just 1 hour. It varies really - now that I have holidays I'll probably spent a bit more time on the computer and the internet.
lors
About 6-8 hours a day, sometimes more, it depends on what I am working on.
uslhoops
I spend a lot of time with my computer maybe 5-6 hours with web designing and gaming sometimes. And I also manage my own NBA Fantasy League
john01385
probably 2-3 hours weekend online. 1-2 weekdays. but thats time online, not time spent looking at my screen - gotta differentiate!
grajpotti
I browse about 7 hrs a week. See i earn alot of money from NET
You can get New Ideas from my website at www.ganucet.150m.com
airek
WAY to fricken much. i play video games for most of the time. But i am ALWAYS on my computer doing something or another. But im not a loser i swear. Im the most normal person you coudl ever meet. I have a girlfriend, i play lacrosse and i have a life. i just live double lives. As a gamer, and as a boyfriend. Hah. She gets mad at me and makes fun of me all the time, but hey. It makes me happy.
Duy-Beni
A small inquiry at you!

How be enough since it each day in Internet in it?

I am each day 1 - 2 hours in it! Smile

Topic Edited for Clarity by Vrythramax
jongoldsz
I think you mean, how much time do you spend on the internet.

I spend about 3-5 hours a day. lol
Loghete
Oh my gosh.
I've read that question 10 times and I still don't get anything from it.
Just by viewing your answer I can guess what you mean...
You mean how much time we're spending on the Internet each day?

1-2 hours.

EDIT: lol, you got just before me.
Soulfire
If I have school, usually 1-2 hours. Sometimes I've been on upwards of 6-8 hours, but that's rare occaisons. I'd stick with the 1-2 hours.
loryl
4-5 hours. Some of it is for homework... I swear!
schudder
Well, it depends what day it is. If I've got class, then I'll limit myself, but if I don't have anything else to do (or when I'm working on developing a website or something), then I'll spend many... many... MANY hours on the internet. I've "only" spent about 4 in total today, but I expect to add about 3 more. Of course, I'm never constantly on the net. I usually switch between surfing and "real" pc work.
watersoul
Not as much time as i can at the moment because summer holiday from university and full-time work, travelling etc!
so maybe 1-2 hours per week now but in 2 weeks with having to stay up late sat at the computer, probably hours and hours and hours! Smile
Tumbleweed
Laughing .......the way the questions worded has tickled me

How long do I spend on the internet each day, avergage 1-2 hrs, possibly 16 hrs Razz
clip
Usually 16 hours. Yes one-six. But on rare occasions I just don't. I use it to research things, study more programming, more this and that! It gets boring sometimes, though. Laughing
Andrew426
On school days, ushually around 6-8 hours.
But on weekends, 4 or 5 hours a day.
dalordvirus
before job, an hour.. after job 1.5 hour... so 2 and a half hour a day Smile
rightclickscott
Last saturday I was on for 12 hours, but most of the time, it's a hardy 3-4 hours.
sketteksalfa
i think this has a similar thread. but to answer your inquiry though i dont get much; I spend 10 and a half in the internet since my work is web related. Very Happy
crimson_aria
I go online as soon as I get home. I go offline only when I need to sleep. Then I go online again soon after waking up. It's the first and last thing I do when I wake up or sleep and when I get or leave home. I still leave the computer open when I go out though (I don't when I know it'll take long for me to come back).

But during school days, I don't usually go online upon waking up because I must hurry to prepare for school. So, during school days, 6-9 hours.
toughtrio
Yeah around 1.5 - 2 hours. But that really isnt constant. Depends on the intensity of work i face, or on its length.

Warm Regards,
Tasa
I work for an online company so 14-15 hours altough some of that is at work well most of that is at work. I swear I am not addicited I swear!
tenoranin
I feel bad answering this.. I spend too much time on the net its not even funny.
Even the internet company called me up and asked if there was any problems because they thought that someone is stealing my account since it was on all day..
I download movies and programs on a daily bases..

So to answer the question, I spend almost 10 hours at home, and 2 hours when I am at school, and when I am sleeping .. The net is still downloading..
Becky
During the school term i spend about 6 1/2 hours on the internet.

and then during the weekend and holidays i can spend all day on it.

Sad? Laughing

But sometimes i do actually do homework....
Alienz
I spent alot of time on the internet. Usually around 10-12 hours a day.
scotty
1 Hour of just surfing but the rest is checking e-mail and stuff which is kinda a chore more the surfing:P
Nameless
I usually spend maybe an hour or two on the internet each day. If you look at it one way, that's a lot, but if you look at it another, it's no worse than, say, playing video games or reading a book for recreation.
amusic
It depends. About 2-3 hours on weekdays and more than 10 hours on weekends. Laughing
Kaisonic
I spend a long time on the Internet. Usually quite a few hours, depending on whether I'm just checking forums and stuff or if I'm working on my website, which'll add up to 6 hours or more on certain days.
datter
This has got to be my favorite post of all time, and I really hope it doesn't get locked or deleted. Smile

To answer the question without embarrassing myself, I'll just say... a lot.

datter
SNES350
I'm guessing 3-4 hours on weekdays, less on Saturdays because I'm doing other stuff, and less on Sundays because I'm doing all my weekend homework then.
sibbahz
I regularly spend 4 hours on the internet in a day, but since i have started my college course, i cant on Monday or Tuesday and i also work a lot of the evenings and weekends now so don't get as much time as i used to.

Do prefer to have something else to do though!
Usborne_Books
I L O V E the internet. I do a lot of my work, talking to friends and having fun and just surfing around for whatever tickles my fancy at that given moment.

I would normally be on the computer all day off and on if I could - - - I am in a relationship/living arrangements that make it so I have VERY stiff rules about when I can be right now. It is driving me nuts.

I have a VERY small window of time right now to be online - - mostly when I have a few minutes ALONE. After the kids go to sleep so now to be online cuts into my beauty sleep.

Sleep or internet.... the internet wins up to the point I get too tired to stay up any longer.

Hope to see you online.
Liu
Countless hours each day since my projects, homework, work, etc. all revolve around it.
Macbeth
I spend on average 5-8 hours aday... depending if I work then or not, and usually its listening to music or playing around with my website/myspace, or some forum/chat
Seiji
I'm on for about 4-5 hours. Most of that time I'm watching a movie or something though. The total time I spend on the internet is probably only an hour.
rheanna
Laughing

Thought it was a tongue twister. Razz

Most of day deals with the computer. I just leave this window open. Laughing
[FuN]goku
Lets see... through the week .... 3 hours a day... weekends.... about 17-18 hours...
hack_man_
loryl wrote:
4-5 hours. Some of it is for homework... I swear!

Um, yes! Er, that is me too. Nothing but studies! Liar

2-4 hours, depending on homework and mood.
MrBlueSky
Alienz wrote:
I spent alot of time on the internet. Usually around 10-12 hours a day.

Me too. Some days less (I actually have a little offline life), some days longer.
shwetanshu
4-5 hrs on an average
molif
10 hours a day.. im a web developer.. waddya expect........
ninjakannon
That's kind of hard to answer. My net shuts off at 10:30PM every day and starts up at 6AM (for my own health), so I'm limited.

When I have lots of work then I may spend only a few minutes, but only on rare occasions do I never use the internet in a day. I try and visit FriHost and that usually takes up at least 30 minutes every day. I hardly play online games anymore, so I can't add on time for that now. I do, however, waste some time on the internet every day, unless I'm really busy. On week days though I'm pretty sure I hardly ever spend more than 2 hours, maybe less than 1 on most days. On weekends though, I'd say it's more like 4 hours, which isn't good.
wietn
2-4 hours a day.
On weekends, about 8 hours a day...
Lord Klorel
On normal job days: i am online for 3 - 4 hours.

In weekends i spend 8 - 9 hours but 3- 4 hours are active.
Disaster-Pieces
From when i get up to when i go to bed Razz apart from when school hits.
I used to be on Xbox Live alot but my best mates moved house so im stuck here bored.... lol
Arseniy
I'm in just for 1-2 hours per day. That's all because of that DAMNED DIAL-UP!!! Evil or Very Mad
Disaster-Pieces
Arseniy wrote:
I'm in just for 1-2 hours per day. That's all because of that DAMNED DIAL-UP!!! Evil or Very Mad

Awww man do i feel sorry for you... my nan used to have dial up. She lives like hours away from us and its on a big farm so we go up there for like small holidays. Anyway i use the computer alot but jesus it takes a minute or 3 to change web page I don't know if yours is better but it peeved me off alot.
Zenireth
Duy-Beni wrote:
A small inquiry at you!

I Spend round 15 hours a day on the internet
sky217
Way too much. I try not to at work, but sometimes it just calls to me. Smile At home I don't get on it much anymore. Just too much else to do.
seanooi
Wow, never really thought of that before.
I'm not sure how much time i spend. Probably because I just spend way too much time.
Normally I leave my computer on, connected to the internet. I sleep for about 7 hours daily, have classes for 2 hours from Mondays to Fridays, then the rest of my time is spent in front of my computer. So it comes to about 15 hours i guess?

I know, really sounds quite stupid to be sitting in front of the computer the whole day but i can't help it. The place i live in is kinda empty and boring, the people here only drink and smoke whole day long, and i don't have a car. Guess I'm one of those guys who doesn't have a life. Embarassed
Holy
I guess you can say I'm somewhat of a nerd. Laughing I'm on the computer 4 or 5 hours, plus or minus and hour. I'm mostly getting aquanted with making graphics, managing a website, and stuff like that. I hope to have a job in the field of computers when I'm older. Very Happy
skygaia
I spend about 5~7 hours a day. I can't imagine my life without internet..
Duncan Idaho
Maybe 2 hours a day. Depending. I might be roleplaying or playing multiplayer, so if that wouldst be-ith the case-est, thenst aroundeth 7 into the hours.
Vrythramax
molif wrote:
10 hours a day.. im a web developer.. waddya expect........

Less spam from a pro. I am also a web designer, but I don't post to advertise that fact. In fact, I don't even link to my design services here on Frihost in any fashion.
bulek
I spend approximately 3-4 hours on the internet per day. It also depends if I have school or not, so I spend more hours on weekends.
Bluedoll
Ok 3 to 4 hours on average. I can spend anywhere from 15 min to all day on it.

Embarassed
Aless
If it's one of my days at home, it can get quite excessive and wind up around 5-6 hrs (intermittently throughout the entire day). A normal day where I'm out and about for most (or all) of it means maybe 1-2 hrs.

I'll be moving in with my fiancé soon, so that'll increase, because I won't be internetless at his house all the time.
.you.make.my.heart.happy.
I'm normally on the Internet about 1-2 hours a day.
And on the weekend about 5-6...

~love: nIkKi
kiranaghor
6 hrd a day. I dont know what do i do that long but I keep doing something...
Master Yoda
I switch on my system and connect to the internet at 10 a.m. I disconnect and switch off my system at around 11 p.m.
So that means that I spend nearly 13 hours on the internet. Cool
TruPain
I spend too much time on the internet...

This is due to a boring 3rd shift job where I am able to have my laptop with me (thank God!)
and insomnia... a 5 hour sleep in a day is record breaking for me...
X3 Talk
1-3hrs it depends on what's going on around. Some days in could be 0.
funnyerror
Well, if you count the time for school related stuff, probably 5 or more hours a day!

-FE
Droop
Duy-Beni wrote:
A small inquiry at you!

hah I wish I could say that, I'm on it like 20 hours or so, but then I have multiple computers and I'm on both simultaneously. what's that come out to? -happy posting
Tatsumaru
On weekdays I think 2 hours daily. In the weekends I have a lot more time to spare of course, so then sometimes I crank it up to 4 hours a day. That's a max though!
ankur.vatsa
Atleast one of my computers is connected to the internet 24x7. So technically speaking I'm on the Internet always.

But on an average, I am on the internet - doing something personal, say reading, checking personal mails etc. - for 6 hours every-day.
alfiqrah
I'm not sure, how much time i've spent on the internet, but sometimes i can stay awake all night designing and posting article in my blog...

I love exploring the internet... and i didn't realise how much time i've been in the internet....
Zruch
I spend in net almost all my free time. What's about 2-3 hours per day.
DandDer
way to much, and whats worse is that like almost all of it is doing pretty much nothing. I think on an average day i will spend like 20min on the helicopter game alone. Aside from that i usually spend like 3-4 hours a day looking at forums and stuff
glenn83e
unfortunatly it would be 10 hours. 8 of them being at work since I have to use the net where I am working
leslie.sweets
Well are u meaning home or work?

Home hmmm about an hour- depending
Work I am on the internet for 10 hours a day ( work 10 hours shifts)(job wise)
Days off i say about 1-2 hours
~*~Sweets~*~
oleszka
around 8 hours. 5 h in the morning and the rest one in the evening...
cosmain7
I spend 2 hours daily, cause of biz and web design, you know.
apple
during the day I spend like 4-8 hours
evening/night I spend about 4-12 hours
vaughands
I'd say for me 3-6 hours. It varies on a weekend it peeks 6 hours other time I'm playing Final Fantasy xD.
Peterssidan
4-6 hours. maybe too much but it's a whole world.
zichlone
to much time
Dragonfly
I go online at least for five to 8 hours daily. This is due to my complete dependence of the internet for news, weather update, online works, emails, checking few sites, reading some blogs, posting on my sites, etc.

And doing this is easy because I have an internet connection at home with unlimited bandwidth usage. Without restriction on any sides make me feel very easy to use the internet at any given time.
kirby
im online 3/4 hours a day most of the time however not every day only if im waiting for a distro to download or chatting away etc.

I can be an internet addict and be productove Very Happy
heridlia
I usually spend about 4 hours a day for internet.
Fake
I spend about 10+hours in the internet everyday
PennyCopper
Far too much!

Answering client e-mails, goofing off on forums (Hi guys!) studying webpage design, reading webcomics....and playing RagnarokOnline (yes, people still play RO. >.>)
Heart Ticket
Duy-Beni wrote:
A small inquiry at you!

1-2 HOURS!!! wow i wouldnt survive ( i need atleast 10 hours a day or more)
not much more you can say on a topic like this sorry...

James
jipmerite
I don't have a PC right now but I did a few months back and I spent around 4-5 hrs online.

Err..No, No... I don't have a lot to do online. Just check the news, visit some friend's sites and write a blog. But since my warden refuses us to have cable internet, we are left to resort to wireless connections. I personally had Airtel GPRS and it is just dead slow. So it takes 4 to 5 hours to do something that can be done in 1.5 hours MAX.

When will the old generation of administrators embrace the current technologies... Sad
eku53ru
I spend a little too much time on the internet (or my computer, for that matter). I normally spend several hours (five or six?) on the internet alone, but most of the time is spent (nowadays, at least) just torrenting or chatting. My parents are still very strict when it comes to leaving one's computer on while he or she is away from it, so I have not had much luck when it comes to staying on that long.
starfish2007
well it relly depends but as little as 3 and as many as 12 or 13 depending on the day andhowmuch time I have
ambit
I spend about 2-4 hours a day on the internet during the week and 5-6 hours during the weekend!
beuriefied
during summer- minimum of 4 hours. max of 12-13 hours (gosh XD addict)

when there is school- minumum of 2 hours and max of 5 hours.

i usually spend my time playing and making graphics. not that great but still good stuff XD haha Razz
Qube
I'm sorta like ankur, my computer has a constant connection.
So I'm literally on 24-7.
As for time I actually use the net myself?
Hmm, minus the time I leave msngr running while I'm off doing other things, I'd say about 3-4hrs.
Doesn't sound like much does it?
That's because I don't use the net for much really.
I play an online game for about an hour. (Monato Esprit)
Then I rock some Infantry for an hour or 2. (PServ)
The rest of the time I either check mail, post on forums or chat.
If you asked how much I used my computer...omg.
I use it for EVERYTHING.
As soon as I wakeup/come home from work, I'm on it.
I watch/rip/burn movies/cds, play games (Emulator4TW), code/edit stuff, etc.
Yes, I'm an addict.
As the mentor said, the beauty of the baud. Razz
adielo
4-5 minutes Wink
l.p.b.t
Hey guys, Im new to this site, i found you guys in a froogle search, Im just learning php, Very advance html, programmer and im trying to get into other languages, php, java, etc... so if you guys have any good eBOOKS pm me or reply so i can possibly get them from ya kthx!

lP

Pimping isnt easy!
Manus et Therion
I make my income so many different ways on the Internet, so I am on it almost constantly - not counting the time I take getting up to pour coffee or eating meals, sleeping, or running errands - and I turn off all my communicators when I'm watching my favorite television shows.

I'm sure I spend at least 8 active hours a day browsing, typing, or reading on the Net.
pieman
I usually spend about 1 - 2 hours a day if I have work to do - usually less, as I find it quite boring now.

Last summer was the worst - I used to spend 6 or 7 hours every day, sometimes in excess of 12 hours. Not good for you eyes!
catscratches
WAY TOO MUCH TIME
theem
I used to spent many hours on my computer ... like 6 to 7 hours a day Confused

But i have reduced it to an hour now... Arrow

and life'z goood... Razz
cvkien
i like computer so much. when i having my exam, i'll stop online maybe 2 days before the exam. but if for normal days, i'll spend around 4 to 8 hours a day. and when i leave my computer on, then i'll online not more than 24 hours. i never let my computer stay on for more than 24 hours. because i love it too much... lol...
Heart Ticket
cvkien wrote:
i like computer so much. when i having my exam, i'll stop online maybe 2 days before the exam. but if for normal days, i'll spend around 4 to 8 hours a day. and when i leave my computer on, then i'll online not more than 24 hours. i never let my computer stay on for more than 24 hours. because i love it too much... lol...

Lol i leave mine on near enough all day (im on it all day)

James
frozenhead
Well, not actually everyday but I logged in atleast 3 times a week, 12 hours straight..
jynxanims
Crap. Internet time, daily...I'd say, 2-3 hours.
Soulfire
Every day I would say around 4 hours. It varies - I've been on the internet upwards of 8 hours straight, and then occaisonally I'll just glance at one website.

Daily: 2-5 hours
Coclus
2-4 hours..way to much but it is addicting...
jylan
I go on the internet every two days or less (dialup Crying or Very sad ), and I spend about 2-4 hours every time that I do go on.

BTW, I would stay on longer if I was allowed too, but I'm not Rolling Eyes .
highlordadmin
Lemme think.. I get home at 15:00 and get to my comp... and pretty much is infront of it till 22:00 (I eat and such too ofc)

Not all of it is on the web... But pretty much...
And also, sometimes i just open Media Center and watch TV...

OMG! I GOT NO LIFE!!! AHG!!!!

Ah well, i'm still a kid...
Whatevah! I guess it isent healthy... But, atleast i aint a fat kid!
physk
id say about 8-10 hours per day on the weekends
aout 4hrs on weekdays
Lady_Star
On a technicality I am on the internet 24/7 because my computer is always connected but actual activity is slightly less than that. I have several endeavors going that I earn extra income through so I spend a lot of time on my computer taking care of them. If I had to make a good guesstimate of the time actively spent online it would average out to about 10-12hrs a day I do believe. I know that seems like a lot but when you enjoy what you are doing time flies and you don't realize that you have spent as much time as you have doing something... Razz
Captain Fertile
Getting my project off the ground I would say over the lasy month I am averaging about 16 -18 hours a day online or with web related tasks. This is rather extreme but I need to get the work done ASAP.

Once the important ground work is done I hope to ease off to a more normal 8-10 hour work day.

The excitment and enjoyment makes the work worthwhile.
photon
3 hours on weekdays, and 8-10 hours on weekends...
sodredge
6 to 8 hours a day
Fuzzy-Duck
Unfortunately for me, and also for my FriHost accont, I don't get online as often as I'd like Sad Maybe an hour here or there during the week, sometimes more, and very often less as I get distracted by the real world...

It's even "worse" now it's starting to get sunny and I'm tempted outside even!

Loghete wrote:
Oh my gosh.
I've read that question 10 times and I still don't get anything from it.
Just by viewing your answer I can guess what you mean...
You mean how much time we're spending on the Internet each day?

Isn't that just the beauty of the English language though? It's technically barely legible - yet i suspect most of us knew exactly what was meant - amazing!

Cheers,
fuzzy
soulman
............for me it's a long long time... about 8 hours... sometimes more...
Q5U8
Technically, 24 hours because my job computer is always connected to Internet.

Average, I guess I'm connected about 8 hours because I have a laptop with Internet connection.

But, in the real world, I have to make some design and web programming and at that time I really don't use the Internet (also e-mail or aim), so this reduce the connection time to about 4 hours average. Very Happy
pijana_braca
2 or 3 hours. Sometimes 4. It depends.
JC Denton
24/7 because my computer is always connected to the Internet, but I kinda use to spend around 4-5 hours per day. Less in the summer though. Almost never touches the computer when summer holiday starts.
tribe
I am connected to the internet 24/7.

Weekdays:
During the week with class and work and other things going on, I am only on for about 2-4 hours.

Weekends:
When I am at home on the weekends I can spend 4-6 hours on the computer doing things.

One thing I've noticed over my last 8-10 years is I rarily use any programs on my computer other than Mozilla Firefox. I am on the internet the entire time when I am on. There is so much you can find and you can learn so much!
silverdown
Well, for my local city web-hosting/dial-up company I am support for it ( You wouldn't believe how many people have simple issues). So possible up to 24 hours or more, possibly more if someone calls me up asking me to cover for them. The more I stay logged in the more I get paid! This job also made me go FAT! Embarassed
DandDer
i'd say like 5 hours, definatly around their somewhere
william
Well, since I do basically everything on the computer, I'm on it for a long time. My main computer is on for about 7 hours a day during the weekdays. The amount of time I spend on computers during weekdays can range from 3 hours, to 7 hours.As for internet, my time is about the same during the weekdays, a little less, usually by an hour. Weekends are anther story. My main computer is sometimes on for over 12 hours...and I use it up to 11 hours. Time on the internet is still about the same as weekdays; only with less work.
tbsmicro
I spend on average about 5-6 hours, most of this is through work, but if I play any online gaming (warcraft and the like) it could be anything like 12 hours in a 24 hour period.
iyepes
We all post in a hosting forum, so I suppose our figures will be elevated compared with common people, but I really wonder how much time of our lives is this consuming.

The idea is to include total time, work time and leisure time.
Nameless
First, define "on".

I would say I spent maybe an hour each day actively reading forums, websites etc. but my laptop is always connected and every so often I'll quickly check a forum or search for some particular information etc - in that sense you could say more like four-five hours.
driftingfe3s
I would have to say about 3- 4 hours of me actually surffing the web on normal given days on average. But my computer is always on and downloading something. I feel that my connection is wasted if i don't! But I spend time doing other stuff on the computer that doesnt involve me surfing the web so my actual time on the computer can be longer.
rockacola
I need to face 7~9 hours during work and <1 hr after.
rhtgltkn
about 5 hours a day.
Jamestf347
too many to count Razz, But it's because of school work too, not just for fun and jollys.

I'd say about 5 hours at least in school then the other how many ever on my free time Smile
TurtleShell
Yeah, I work in an office, everything I do is in front of the computer... I wonder what office jobs were like before computers? Like, what was there to do?
furtasacra
Argghhh... Aside from time spent on eating, sleeping, household chores and personal hygiene, I'm almost ALWAYS on my computer (which is always connected to the internet), unless some kind soul drags me away from it to interact with actual humans.

This is very sad.
Shadowninja7194
Nameless wrote:

2 many.

Lol..
chatrack
Now a days I used to spend 2 hours in computer at home and 1 hour in avarage at my work

I get no time to spend on computer on week ends.
BROCK22
too much; more than what's good for me lol.

whether i'm at school,work, or home, I'm always o the comp. so probably 15 hours Sad?
Insanity
Too much for me as well. The world today runs too much on computers. It's a necessity to be competent in computers, so that's the justification I use for spending so much time online. It turns out that many things you do online can have some sort of professional application. If you like going on Facebook a lot, then you might be more open to social networking and have more contacts when you need connections. Except if you play games, that doesn't really help you.

If you do a lot of website building, that helps if you're in IT or something.
Asap170
I am on my computer about......8 Hours - per day
EdCarlo
12hrs or more .. im playing in my computer everyday and night .. but take a nap when my migraine attacks me ..
Donutey
Too much Rolling Eyes
deanhills
I'm also doing more than my quota of working with my computer. Sometimes as much as 18 hours a day. Wonder whether there are rehab centres for the computer addicted, and how they would treat a person for withdrawal symptoms. Smile
sudipbanerjee
I have to spend 7-8 hours for my official job. i am doing my phd work also. for this purpose I have to spend 2-3 hours on computer. So I choose 8-10 hours span. Sometime I have to spend another 2-3 hours in computer. But this in rare ocassion
Denvis
11- 14 Hours a day without a doubt
Bluedoll
deanhills wrote:
I'm also doing more than my quota of working with my computer. Sometimes as much as 18 hours a day. Wonder whether there are rehab centres for the computer addicted, and how they would treat a person for withdrawal symptoms. Smile
I've have a great idea for that! Treat it like any addiction. I was thinking of perhaps making a caa where people could post and chat about even with other online members. What do you think. Of course there should be regular meetings everyday!
chartcentral
As I work as a web developer, I spend at least 8 hours on the computer per day. Smile
imagefree
i spend 8-10 hours daily on internet, and if i get a chance, i will spend even more.
iman
I spend about 9 hours on regular days (when I have school), and more than 12 hours on weekdays.
iman
I spend about 9 hours on regular days (when I have school), and more than 12 hours on weekdays.
paul_indo
I spend an hour or two checking news, emails etc but I often have my notebook on the coffee table while I watch TV and browse while the adds are on.
mrcool
I have spent 8-10 hours a day at home or mostly even more....
Xanify
Way too many. Sad Office job + internet junkie = if I'm awake and not commuting, I'm usually at the computer.
apple
from the moment I wake up the pc is on until I go to sleep....so thats about....errm.... anywhere between 9-17 hours a day Embarassed
Utopia GFR
I answered 8 to 10 hours a day (one should include my working hours in those stats).

Spending time on a computer is as easy as turning on the television and watching it for hours and hours.

In my case, there is more to "just spending time" on my laptop, I write literature, prepare my radio shows, play multiplayer games like Red Alert 3, Fear... (I don't consider playing video games as being a waste of time) and of course I e-socialize (one of the most interesting aspects of the Internet).

tommy.studio wrote:
erlendhg
169 hours a week!

No, just kidding (anyone got the joke though? Razz)
But I spend seriously too many hours in front of my computers though.
It's probably no good for the health.
apple
erlendhg wrote:
169 hours a week!

No, just kidding (anyone got the joke though? Razz)

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ahahahahaaaaaaa
riderwear45
Well let's say I had 2 work and your computer from 9 to 5, then come home and is on the way back to 11.7, the weekend is all pretty day job.

so I think that about 60-80 hours a week for me, sad, I know.
ankur209
11-14 normal days

15+ weekends....!!

do you whats the guiness world record for this ??
deanhills
I have to be an addict. I'm logged in at home around the clock. I also spend long hours in front of a computer at work. I probably need to put myself on an "Internet Diet". I may just do that one of these days. Very Happy
therimalaya
In my country there is a great problem of Load-Shedding. So, whenever there is electricity, I use my computer. Sometimes I even use it till late night. Most of the time I left my computer open for download to finish.
nigam
i used 12 hours a day since i am promoting and sending emails to our clients and prospect clients....but i have to relax once i feel my eyes were tired....
Navigator
Most days I spend more th an 8 hours in front of the computer, now that I think of it, its awful!
fladry
therimalaya wrote:
In my country there is a great problem of Load-Shedding. So, whenever there is electricity, I use my computer. Sometimes I even use it till late night. Most of the time I left my computer open for download to finish.

I think we are from the same country therimalaya Very Happy

this 12 hours per day loadshedding really sucks
and of the other 12 hours, 6 hours generally fall in night
and of the 6 hours remaining, i happily utilize about 5 hours on my computer
ankitdatashn
My Lappy toppy is like my girlfriend, don't know where the time flies when I am with her! Very Happy
cybersa
5 to 7 hours.
After me my brother will work.
So,My computer will not stop.
ms_j
8 at work and at least 2 or 3 at home. in other words, way too much!
MikeMyers
Almost 8 hours
xevo
I would be at my PC 24/7 if I didn't have to sleep/eat LOL
I'm totally and hopelessly addicted - if we ever have some kind of slow "end of the civilization" I hope I will go first. I can't imagine living without the internet - not being connected to the rest of the world as we are now...
Greatking
I spend lots of hours on the computer.
Because I work with a computer.
Sending mails and other correspondence on my computer is a day to day activity.
robinio_1965
Working days around 5 - 7 hours and in the weekend it can be up to 14 hours.

With managing the website (jewellery) and next to this helping people build there websites and layouts.
Also working on setting up my own hosting but this is not prio one for the moment.
sudipbanerjee
Professionally I am a Librarian in an Government of India Organization. My Library is partially automated. I am also engazed to form a Digital Library using Greenstone Digital Library software. So due to my profession I have to spend 6-8 hours regularly on computer. I am doing my Phd work on Knowledge Management System. Due to this work I have to spend atleast 2 hours regularly on computer. Beside these I also spend time on computer to watch movies, reading newspapers and books. My average daily spending time on computer is 11-14 hours.
ProfessorY91
About 5 - 7 hours a day. College Prof.
Bluedoll
deanhills wrote:
You never know there might be. Laughing
On a more serious note however spending that much time could be a valuable resource if what you are doing is contributing to something?
IceCreamTruck
ankitdatashn wrote:
My Lappy toppy is like my girlfriend, don't know where the time flies when I am with her! Very Happy

Ugh, I thought she was my girl. Man, toshibas get around! Smile
IceCreamTruck
Bluedoll wrote:
deanhills wrote:
On a more serious note however spending that much time could be a valuable resource if what you are doing is contributing to something?

He's contributing to frihost! That's something! I for one love it when Dean posts on my threads, so we'll enter him in the rehab program, and have the doctor surgically remove the mouse from his hand next year. By then computers probably won't need a mouse, as they will use the "move" technology or something anyway! Smile

Frihost forever!
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Bluedoll wrote:
deanhills wrote:

He's contributing to frihost! That's something! I for one love it when Dean posts on my threads, so we'll enter him in the rehab program, and have the doctor surgically remove the mouse from his hand next year. By then computers probably won't need a mouse, as they will use the "move" technology or something anyway! Smile

Frihost forever!
I haven't felt the mouse for ages! Sort of become an extension of my hand. Very Happy
TurtleShell
I work at a computer all day...and then I go home and spend more time at the computer... and yet I don't even have time to do what needs to be done.
johnsmithsuper
As i am Search Engine Optimizer. So i have to spend almost nine to ten hours on the computer. Sometimes if there is more work load then time will increase and becomes twelve to thirteen hours per day. It changes depends on my work.
chatrack
On regular days I spend at least 1 hour, daily. On week ends about 3 hours or 4 hours.
syj824
10+ hours ,daily,
Fleming58
i spent 8 to 10 hours daily on Computer....
Jackson999
i spend 8 to 10 hours on my computer daily....
GoldenEagle
I probably spend close to every waking minute near a computer. I'm an engineer by trade, and then I trade stuff online so that adds up to a lot of computer time.
deanhills
GoldenEagle wrote:
I probably spend close to every waking minute near a computer. I'm an engineer by trade, and then I trade stuff online so that adds up to a lot of computer time.
Out of curiosity if I may ask, what kind of engineer are you? Very Happy
Greatking
say withing 1 to 2 hours a day, that is unless i am busy with work.
if its work i would say between the hours of 6am to 5pm each day of the week.
when it comes to browsing and research then its like 1 to 2 hours.
but then usually it depends on the day and what i have to get.
on weekends i am rarely on the computer!
godbandos
About 5 - 10 hours... Most reading and school work.
Jtrott
i spend 5 to 7 hours daily on computer.....
SC__Programmer
Greatking wrote:
say withing 1 to 2 hours a day, that is unless i am busy with work.
if its work i would say between the hours of 6am to 5pm each day of the week.
when it comes to browsing and research then its like 1 to 2 hours.
but then usually it depends on the day and what i have to get.
on weekends i am rarely on the computer!

wow....thats a low time frame Wink

i spend around 10 hours on my laptop.

5-7 hours goes to programming,the other hours go to whatever is going on.
ankitdatashn
All day and all night in front of computer I am,
Eating in front of my computer this bread and jam,
Ohh God what kind of addiction is this?
Like I want my laptop to marry and kiss Smile
smonroe
i mostly spend 7 to 8 hours on computer..
JoeMartin
Cant sit more than 8 hours on PC. My average time spending is 4 hours.
ujjwalshrestha
I think I spend over 40 hours that is after 37 hours of work per week. That is lot. I do everything in my computer. Eg. watching movie, listening to music, reading, getting updated with world events, following my favourite sports, shopping, chatting with friends, making international call, playing games, web design all these activities absorb huge amount of my time in computer. I don't watch TV and don't have time, interest and patience for it.
IceCreamTruck
There isn't an answer for spending 25 hours a day on computers like I seem to try to do every day! Smile
IceCreamTruck
One could also flip this around into: "How many hours do you spend each day trying to get off of computers?" Smile
AlexJ
I spend 9 to 10 hours daily on the computer and internet...
ujjwalshrestha
Only time I'm not on the computer is when I am sleeping. Sometimes I do wonder only if we don't need to sleep we'll get so many hours for doing something productive, lots of things will be done. Why do we need to sleep? Why can't we work like a machine? haha.
mikepeterson
I spend almost 11 hours on a working day.
8 hours in my office other on home.
davidv
Well, that really depends.

Work 8 - 10 hours a day, plus 4 hours leisure and on some occasions an extra few hours just because I don't feel like sleeping which roughly adds up to about 15+ hours a day. Although, most of my time spent on a computer is wondering WHY THIS DAMN FUNCTION WON'T WORK?! Otherwise, it's a Reddit machine Laughing
xiaotuanzi
Me: about 20 hours a week
GuidanceReader
too many.. but I love it Very Happy
deanhills
I've been going crazy over the last few days. Hunting Avatars. Twisted Evil
tpolis
tommy.studio wrote:
Tasadduq Khan wrote:

u are right!
study is more important.

I really agree with you.
Antonlillian
Computer is very useful technology in each and every field. There are many type of computer. I spend 5 to 7 hours on computer because I do work on computer as well as playing games, watching move and so on.
tatamall
So many hours for me.51 hours,because i work using computer.
nekonyan
Mostly 6-10 hours during weekends. Very Happy
alvarorojas4
5/7...
or sometimes less if i'm in the university and that!
Chellesei
During weekends or free days, I use my computer for about 10-12 hours. During weekdays, I use it for about 5-8 hours. Very Happy
abramlinkens
Well the computer is a thing if you have a lot of interest then the spending time on a computer will be more.The computer gives us knowledge regarding any field. It is useful medium to learn the new technology. I am developer and also like to play games so my timing duration on computer is near about the 11 to 14 hours.
stiflerx
I've researched and finally I'm done with the result, yeah the time I'm on the road and I'm sleeping, am not on a computer.
rjraaz
Now, a day i am spending more than 5 to 7 hrs with my computer.
Iceaxe0410
I'd say 8-10 hours. Usually I end up watching stuff on youtube or do some search for information when I'm not checking out my email and facebook. I didn't used to spend so much time online, but my situation in life has changed dramatically that I have quite a bit of time on my hands. I do sleep and go to work, so that takes up around 16 hours every day. That leaves 8 hours or so for free time which usually is on the computer. Other than that, I might play some video games here and there if I'm in the mood or watch a movie.
supermanlovejan
around 4 hour per day....................
grofet
Yes, me too about more than 4 hour a day including the mobile phone. I think mobile phone is a computer too. Modern mobile phone can do a lot of things just like the computer. Old java mobile phone also can do a lot of things to to support our daily life.
pravojednostavno
about 5-6 hours a day
LxGoodies
Quote:
How many hours a day do you spend on computer?

I'm a programmer AND I like online forums. On working days, I spend around 8-12 hrs per day behind the screen. Hobby and professional added up.

Quote:
How many hours a day do you spend on internet?

Well.. varies.. 1-4 hours depending on the political forums. When there are big issues in the news, sometimes 4-5 hours. No more than 0.5 to 1 hour on Frihost.
Nyasro
Whole day LOL
Adalew
I spend 11-14 hours daily on the computer...
ScriptHunter
Nameless wrote:

2 many.

Haha nice calculated, really made my day.

Also myself I can spend anything from 1 - 24hrs a day.
cps31
12 hours a day!
mshafiq
almost fie to six hours daily
Gwentichie
11 to 14, Do not how to escape from it
deanhills
Too many hours. In the extreme, particularly since I'm working on a Website right now. Need to change that! More hours outside. Razz