FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GTA IV in windows 7

speeDemon
I've heard a lot of people saying that windows 7 does not support GTA IV, i.e. it doesn't install/run on that OS is this true? Are you using windows 7 and playing GTA IV on it?

By the way, if you know a lot about computer processors and stuff, please check out my other post here

I am really confused. Should I stick with XP? or use windows 7..?
PureReborn
I'm running GTA IV on windows 7 with no problem. I am doing this through steam though so that does help solve most of the compatibility problems.

Generally speaking I suggest you go with windows 7 unless you use a lot of old software. Windows 7 does have VT for windows xp but its not that easy to use.
hersandal
I should try installing GTA IV to confirm if it's working or not. I really like this game. Hopefully it does work. hmmmm smashin some face on the street. stealing cars and have a barber for free by dealing under the table. cool game on my previous OS win xp
mOrpheuS
The Retail DVD version installs and plays fine on Windows 7.

Be warned though, the PC port of the game is badly done and very CPU intensive. Most dual-core processors have a hard time keeping up with it.
rayxzero
I'm playing GTA IV on windows 7.... and it works fine with me.
hersandal
Yeah I already installed the game on my new OS Windows 7 and it works great. I am lovin' this game and also the OS itself.