FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

So..What can the average grey hat do with cookies?

Shadowninja7194
So..What can the average grey hat do with cookies? I'm just asking because i am curious:D
Asap170
Shadowninja7194 wrote:
So..What can the average grey hat do with cookies? I'm just asking because i am curious:D

What's a grey hat and what type of cookies? the ones you eat or the ones that are store on your computer.? Lol
Shadowninja7194
Not sure if im allowed to say what it is on frihost. google it. And yes im talking about cookies stored on your computer:D
Hint: Think of black hats & White hats.
Hogwarts
On a well written site, absoloutely nothing at all.
Shadowninja7194
Darn those well written sites..can a stolen cookie ipersonate someone?
Helios
In the worst case I wouldn't allow this thread to exist at all and warn the users who have contributed to it... I'll let it go for now, but I am being notified when a reply is posted here, just so you'll know...
The-Nisk
This is a very shady area of discussion, definitely here on frihost.
And it is understandable, anything to do with hacking is very controvercial in itself - since society hears the word "hacking" and the alarm bells go off immidiatelly. This has it's ups and downs as any other thing.

It is in my oppinion important to know about security, so that you can build better, more "secure" systems, but frihost is not a place to talk about it. And I can't say I blame the admins for discouraging such topics - they can get out of control pretty quick if they are allowed. By that I mean topics can take directions some would feel uneasy about.