FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

problem with file permissions

toasterintheoven
Hi, I'm getting the following warnings at <a href="johnhu.frihost.org/newfile.php">link</a>,
Warning: move_uploaded_file(latest.img) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/toasteri/domains/johnhu.frihost.org/public_html/newfile.php on line 19

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phphQNg0k' to 'latest.img' in /home/toasteri/domains/johnhu.frihost.org/public_html/newfile.php on line 19

Warning: fopen(latest.img) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/toasteri/domains/johnhu.frihost.org/public_html/newfile.php on line 20

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for latest.img in /home/toasteri/domains/johnhu.frihost.org/public_html/newfile.php on line 21

And this is my PHP script, do you know if this is something I can change? Or if there's another way of doing this?
toasterintheoven
I just figured out a way to do this without using move_uploaded_file() Smile
Bondings
So I assume this issue is solved already then?
metalfreek
If the issue is not resolved then you can change permission of mentioned files to 777. I think is the problem.
Asap170
metalfreek wrote:
If the issue is not resolved then you can change permission of mentioned files to 777. I think is the problem.

644 is safer! ^_^
cr3ativ3
Asap170 wrote:
metalfreek wrote:

644 is safer! ^_^

However much more restrictive!

@toasterintheoven

Mind sharing your solution for others that run into the same/similiar problem?