FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What leads college students insomnia?

Do you think it is helpful?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A little
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

sjx19871109
A survey shows that many of the college students have poor quality of sleep. This is mainly due to academic pressures, environmental change. Insomnia has greatly affected on psychological and physiological health of college students. In addition, love is also a major factor leading to insomnia of college students.
Scientists did a survey. They randomly selected 264 students from a university. The results show that students who sleep less than 6 hours accounted for 1 / 3, while who suffered from insomnia accounted for 12.3%. The main reason leading to insomnia are: academic pressures, the employment pressure, love, interpersonal relationships. And for those who suffered from insomnia, 17% of them admitted it is caused by love stuff.
The main symptoms of insomnia feeling anxiety all the time, being afraid of staying in a quied place. Those who have problem sleeping always could not sleep during the night when it is very quiet. So they sometimes have keep the TV on for the whole night so that they could feel a little better.
A good new is, insomnia could be cured, without sleeping pills or any other drugs. One of the most effective way I know is by natural sleep music. This kind of music contains a wave of special frequency(about 10Hz) which is called alpha wave and could make people sleepy. You can download here
http://www.free-sleep-music.com/download
If you want to know more about insomnia and how to have a good sleeping, or have to avoid insomnia for elderly and pregent people, you could read the articles here
http://www.free-sleep-music.com/articles
deanhills
It probably could be as simple as being undisciplined as well. I used to have fun until just before the deadline of a project or exam, and then cram right through the night. Plenty of late night parties, and alcohol of course is not good for sleeping either, nor lack of a disciplined lifestyle. I never looked upon it as insomnia however. Just not wanting to go to sleep. I still consider sleep as a great waste of time.
driftingfe3s
deanhills wrote:
It probably could be as simple as being undisciplined as well. I used to have fun until just before the deadline of a project or exam, and then cram right through the night. Plenty of late night parties, and alcohol of course is not good for sleeping either, nor lack of a disciplined lifestyle. I never looked upon it as insomnia however. Just not wanting to go to sleep. I still consider sleep as a great waste of time.

I totally agree. This is why I had no sleep in college, I did other stuff when I should have had a structured thought out day to day plan. I stayed up many nights cramming, and let me tell you something - cramming doesn't work!