FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Seattle? Portland? Vancouver! Where to go?

TurtleShell
I am taking a trip to Seattle, Vancouver and POrtland in a few weeks. I'd like to know what is fun to do there! Where should I go, what should I do? Looking for natives who can give good suggestions. I like walking around, going to bookstores and museums, and doing quirky things that are not normal tourist stuff.
deanhills
TurtleShell wrote:
I am taking a trip to Seattle, Vancouver and POrtland in a few weeks. I'd like to know what is fun to do there! Where should I go, what should I do? Looking for natives who can give good suggestions. I like walking around, going to bookstores and museums, and doing quirky things that are not normal tourist stuff.
I've only been a visitor in Seattle for a few times, but I would say the Fisherman's Warf is probably one of the highlights there to visit. There are some beautiful parks in Vancouver, but my most favourite one is Stanley Park. There is almost a 10km sea wall surrounding the park on its outside, as well as really nice walks to be had inside the park, with some wonderful old trees and birds to spot and a really beautiful bridge, the Lions Gate Bridge that you may want to do on foot. Taking the ferry from Vancouver to North Vancouver is also fun, but I especially enjoyed taking the ferry from Vancouver Mainland to Victoria. There are some great seascapes on the way, and if you are lucky, you may see some whales as well. There is a fantastic natural museum in Victoria, as well as a Wax Museum that is almost comparable to the one in London. Could be an idea for you to use a ferry from Seattle direct to Victoria, and then another ferry from Victoria to Vancouver. Ironically Seattle by ferry is closer to Victoria than Vancouver is. I don't know much about Portland, but the little I heard from one of my cousins who have lived there for many years, there does not seem to be anything very exciting in it. We could be wrong of course, so would be great if you can tell us about your experiences once you have done your trip? Smile