FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Star Wars

Flakky
Hi,

I bought all the Star Wars movies yesterday and I am curious in what order shall I see those movies? Do you recommend starting off with 1 and end with 6 or do you think I should start with 4 and end with 3?

I have only watched one movie and heard a lot of stories about the order so it is quite confusing Razz
pennsandra
I'm not really sure but in my case, I would start off with 4. That's how most people did. Wink
Flakky
pennsandra wrote:
I'm not really sure but in my case, I would start off with 4. That's how most people did. Wink
Ok, thanks Smile That was my reason why I was asking Wink

Anyone else has an opinion?
anakin_skyrunner
I'd start with 1 to be honestly because "that's how it was meant to be" (quote George Lucas or so). Anyway, I watched all 6 once in a row and it does make sense ... storywise ... kinda..
If you want to make a travel through the history of special effects, start with 4.
If you want to see how stories can become more and more complex and thus the movies worse, also start with 4.
If you would like to have a nice ending, start with 1.
If you're a "dark" guy, start with 4.

Omg, I'm so creative tonight^^

Well, as I just said, I'd start with episode 1. Adrian Monk would strongly agree with that Razz

(oh and btw, my 200th post *celebrates*)
menino
Congrats Flakky on having all the episodes of star wars.

I would also agree with anakin_skyrunner and watch episodes 1 - 6, to get the feel of the story.
Flakky
anakin_skyrunner wrote:
I'd start with 1 to be honestly because "that's how it was meant to be" (quote George Lucas or so). Anyway, I watched all 6 once in a row and it does make sense ... storywise ... kinda..
If you want to make a travel through the history of special effects, start with 4.
If you want to see how stories can become more and more complex and thus the movies worse, also start with 4.

Well, as I just said, I'd start with episode 1. Adrian Monk would strongly agree with that Razz

Thanks, helpful Smile
anakin_skyrunner
Flakky wrote:
anakin_skyrunner wrote:

Thanks, helpful Smile

Good^^ So do you know it by now?
Flakky
anakin_skyrunner wrote:
Flakky wrote:
anakin_skyrunner wrote:

Thanks, helpful Smile

I start with one, I want to have the good ending Smile
anakin_skyrunner
Flakky wrote:
anakin_skyrunner wrote:

A wise decision, my young padawan Razz And, how many days do you think will it take you to watch them all?
Flakky
anakin_skyrunner wrote:
Flakky wrote:
anakin_skyrunner wrote:

A wise decision, my young padawan Razz And, how many days do you think will it take you to watch them all?
I don't know yet. I want to take my time for them so I think I will do one a week. First I need to finish the collection of Californication and I am undecided if I would watch Star Wars or My name is Earl first Razz
Radar
Cool. Maybe the experience of starting with 1 will be good, and true, you do have a happy ending.

I would be tempted to start with 4 as most people do though, simply because 4, 5 and 6 are the classics, and it lets you appreciate why it's quite the incredible phenomenon that it is. 1, 2 and 3 are nice, but I don't think they would have, or could have, in today's climate, taken off in the same way that 4, 5 and 6 did.

Ah well. Guess we'll never quite be able to come up with a definitive answer, short of erasing memories and doing it again.
agustin
I dont like star wars. sorry.
Flakky
I rethinked the situation. What I know about the movies is that I've seen part one (long time ago as a kid) and that Anakin is Luke's father. If the entire storyline is about that last sentence ("Luke I am your father") I think I should start with 4 as I don't know a thing about part 2 and 3. So the ending will be a surprise.

Discuss Wink

@agustin: Ok
Radar
Flakky wrote:
I rethinked the situation. What I know about the movies is that I've seen part one (long time ago as a kid) and that Anakin is Luke's father. If the entire storyline is about that last sentence ("Luke I am your father") I think I should start with 4 as I don't know a thing about part 2 and 3. So the ending will be a surprise.

If you want to have that line said as quickly as possible, then yes, start with 4.

Actually, come to think of it, if you're looking to avoid spoilers, start with 4 in general. Because the new trilogy has to tie in with the original trilogy, so it repeatedly uses moments to references things that were grand moments back when they were first discovered.