FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Server Load





php_wizard_l33t
Hello, I thought the Frihost staff should know about the server load. I was in cPanel, and it was running extremely slowly, and I clicked on server stats and I got this picture:

http://img336.imageshack.us/img336/9822/load9ej.jpg
( please click link to view image! )

I think you should know about this. Thank you.
n0obie4life
Bondings needs a new CPU Wink

Overloaded CPU, no good.

I wonder who is using so much cpu now.
php_wizard_l33t
Yes, and now my website is also running extremely slow. It is not my connection, I have cable/broadband and all other sites are extremely fast for me. Can you fix this problem or does he absolutely have to get a new CPU?
n0obie4life
I'm afraid I can't. All I can do is attempt to contact him, but his sleeping right now.

My site is slow too, so it isn't only yours.

But I think I know what he did to www.frihost.net/ , thats why its running faster than the others.
php_wizard_l33t
Oh okay.. I hope you can contact him tomorrow.
Can't you search around for who is using up so many resources?
I'm not sure if you can or not, but please just search for some sites.

Maybe somebody with a busy chat room or forum is doing it? I don't know.
They need to stop, other people's hosting is going to crap now.

And now also my FTP has slowed down drastically. Evil or Very Mad

I am NOT blaming this on Frihost! Surprised
budazz
bondings need a dual processor Very Happy
n0obie4life
budazz wrote:
bondings need a dual processor Very Happy


Donate one to him Smile
budazz
n0obie4life wrote:
budazz wrote:
bondings need a dual processor Very Happy


Donate one to him Smile


i will when i meet him one on one hehe...lol

Laughing
n0obie4life
DHL or Fedex is always good. Just that you have to get his address.
budazz
n0obie4life wrote:
DHL or Fedex is always good. Just that you have to get his address.


hehe nah...lol...

Laughing
Daniel15
budazz wrote:
bondings need a dual processor Very Happy


The other free host I use has a 4-processor machine (4xIntel Xeon 2.4GHz)... Something like that would be excellent for FriHost
cnnet
Sad
days before
when I visited my web
it came out "server is busy now ,place try later"
Bondings
My apologies for the high load peak. As you see it is now gone. And yes, I was sleeping by then. I'm trying to do every possible thing to lower that server load. A lot of websites are badly coded and that can explain the peaks. I will send some warnings to people who use too much cpu. It is not normal that a website takes several times more cpu power than frihost with way less traffic.

I also regret to inform you that I don't know what caused that load. At the hour you posted, there is every day a small peak in the server load. A few other things might have made it higher, like people backing up their accounts at the same time.

n0obie4life wrote:
But I think I know what he did to www.frihost.net/ , thats why its running faster than the others.

I didn't do anything special to the Frihost website. It has absolutely no higher priority than other websites. The home page loads very fast because it is almost html, only a few php includes are used. It is also very small qua size.
Bondings
cnnet wrote:
Sad
days before
when I visited my web
it came out "server is busy now ,place try later"

By the way, your website is the one which generates the most server load, several times more than this forum.
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
But I think I know what he did to www.frihost.net/ , thats why its running faster than the others.

I didn't do anything special to the Frihost website. It has absolutely no higher priority than other websites. The home page loads very fast because it is almost html, only a few php includes are used. It is also very small qua size.


O.o. I thought you had that size ran off the RAM chip or something like that, thats what another webhoster told me, that he did to a popular site of his Razz
php_wizard_l33t
Wow.. the server load has gotten even worse since last night..

Here is an updated picture:
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/927/load2lu.jpg
( please click on link to view picture! )

Please ignore the AIM that is open. Smile

This was tooken at 1:58PM EST on 10/1/05.
Daniel15
I once saw the server load get to about 90%, but I believe when that happened, Bondings found the cause.

Quote:
....At the hour you posted, there is every day a small peak in the server load....

Maybe some cron jobs are causing this? Automatic backups or something similar?
n0obie4life
php_wizard_l33t wrote:
Wow.. the server load has gotten even worse since last night..

Here is an updated picture:
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/927/load2lu.jpg
( please click on link to view picture! )

Please ignore the AIM that is open. Smile

This was tooken at 1:58PM EST on 10/1/05.


Embarassed

I think that was partially caused by me, by accident.

I had set my cron jobs to run at Monday at Midnight. Then I accidentally went to the "Non-Advanced" mode and hit submit. So everything became * * * * *. So it was actually running every second. I found out, in 1 min time and made it back to normal again Smile
Related topics
server load
New server on DirectAdmin
[RESOLVED] Server Load
Script to automatically restart Apache (for server 1)
[PHP] Server Load
Was server 1 just attacked?
Aspell removed, crashing server 2
Cron jobs (Server 2)
Search function server load relief.
What time is Server 2 load lower?
Unable to get to my page?
Server Load
How about adding server load to the server status script?
Slow server?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Web Hosting Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.