FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Error 110: Request Timed out

imagefree
i am trying to setup my own server, for this i am using 2nd level domains to check can i do it myself.

currently i am getting Erro 110: Request Timmed out. Can you please tell me what may be the reasons behind this error!!! I have configured router correctly, my server is also ready (infact i can view site locally, but when i use online tools to check my site, the error occurs).

Is my ISP blocking port 80 or some other problem?...
rickylau
imagefree wrote:
i am trying to setup my own server, for this i am using 2nd level domains to check can i do it myself.

currently i am getting Erro 110: Request Timmed out. Can you please tell me what may be the reasons behind this error!!! I have configured router correctly, my server is also ready (infact i can view site locally, but when i use online tools to check my site, the error occurs).

You mean you can access your web server via localhost but not a domain name that have pointed to your network? Although I don't know the reason, I have same experience. Maybe the routers do not forward traffics from devices inside the network (something like that? Laughing ) For assurance you can use CanYouSeeMe.org to check whether your router is forwarding traffic to your server, and/or post the domain name here to let us diagnose the problem?
imagefree
rickylau wrote:
imagefree wrote:

You mean you can access your web server via localhost but not a domain name that have pointed to your network? Although I don't know the reason, I have same experience. Maybe the routers do not forward traffics from devices inside the network (something like that? Laughing ) For assurance you can use CanYouSeeMe.org to check whether your router is forwarding traffic to your server, and/or post the domain name here to let us diagnose the problem?

thanks, this exactly was the problem. my pc's IP was x.x.x.33 while i were using x.x.x.2 to transfer traffic.

thanks.