FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Paypal debit card

Tony The Tiger
I have never had a debit card. I just received a debit card for my paypal account. Are there fees for withdrawing from a debit card?
SonLight
Possibly so, perhaps a dollar or two or 1% of the amount withdrawn, whichever is the most. To find out, you need to check the Paypal account regulations to see if they impose a charge.

Generally, ATM machines impose an additional charge of a dollar or two -- but watch out for some high priced ones! Some ATM machines are part of a network that does not charge members of related financial institutions. Whether Paypal has negotiated deals with some of these networks, I have no idea.

Debit cards are very convenient and well worth the charges they occasionally incur if used wisely. On the other hand, they can add substantially to your expenses if used carelessly for small amounts. If you only use the card to pay for merchandise, there will probably never be a separate fee. Many grocery stores now accept them, for example, and allow you to get some cash back as well, with no fee.
Diablosblizz
Withdrawing from a debit account shouldn't cost anything from PayPal. When confirming your account, PayPal will deposit a few cents to confirm with PayPal (you must tell them the amounts that was deposited into your account - there will be two).

However, with that being said, I believe they do charge for deposit from PayPal to your account so keep that in mind.

That is if you're talking about a personal banking card, instead of the PayPal one.
Tony The Tiger
SonLight wrote:
Possibly so, perhaps a dollar or two or 1% of the amount withdrawn, whichever is the most. To find out, you need to check the Paypal account regulations to see if they impose a charge.

Generally, ATM machines impose an additional charge of a dollar or two -- but watch out for some high priced ones! Some ATM machines are part of a network that does not charge members of related financial institutions. Whether Paypal has negotiated deals with some of these networks, I have no idea.

Debit cards are very convenient and well worth the charges they occasionally incur if used wisely. On the other hand, they can add substantially to your expenses if used carelessly for small amounts. If you only use the card to pay for merchandise, there will probably never be a separate fee. Many grocery stores now accept them, for example, and allow you to get some cash back as well, with no fee.

They say the fees are for cash advances, ATM withdrawals and a third thing that I don't intend to do. However, normal use to make purchases and additional cashouts at the time of purchase have no fees.
Tony The Tiger
Diablosblizz wrote:
Withdrawing from a debit account shouldn't cost anything from PayPal. When confirming your account, PayPal will deposit a few cents to confirm with PayPal (you must tell them the amounts that was deposited into your account - there will be two).

However, with that being said, I believe they do charge for deposit from PayPal to your account so keep that in mind.

That is if you're talking about a personal banking card, instead of the PayPal one.

Either I was not clear or you misunderstood my question, but I have gotten my questions answered.
henri1
what is debit card?