FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Easy Web designing software

sudipbanerjee
I am not very familiar in web designing. But I want to develop a site. I there any software to help me in this regards?
deanhills
Best place to look for Website building ideas is in the Webmaster and Internet Forum.

If you want free Website building software you can have a look at Nvu or Kompozer. Nvu and Kompozer, together with some other software have been recommended by other Frihosters in the Design Tips Sub-Forum. Kompozer seems to be updated software of Nvu.

There is a step by step tutorial how to build a Website from scratch with Nvu. And a tutorial for Kompozer. They are also good tutorials for building Websites for the first time if you are a real Beginner.

I tried Nvu and Kompozer, but have been using commercial software MS FrontPage and MS Expressions Web II and the commercial software is better, but of course expensive compared with free.
sudipbanerjee
deanhills wrote:
Best place to look for Website building ideas is in the Webmaster and Internet Forum.

If you want free Website building software you can have a look at Nvu or Kompozer.

Thanks for your suggestion. I have already downloaded Nvu and kompozer and their's turorial. hope these will help me in my study.
Sathya-Priya
I feel Adobe Dreamweaver is easy to use and has loads of features. I started using Dreamweaver a few years ago, and have not changed to any other software so far.

I did try using frontpage for sometime, but Dreamweaver is my choice.
deanhills
Sathya-Priya wrote:
I feel Adobe Dreamweaver is easy to use and has loads of features. I started using Dreamweaver a few years ago, and have not changed to any other software so far.

I did try using frontpage for sometime, but Dreamweaver is my choice.
I believe Dreamweaver is better by far, but of course is quite pricey and requires a lot of time in terms of learning and getting to know the software. FrontPage is for lazy people like me who want something that looks like the other MS software and works like it too. Compared with Dreamweaver FrontPage has huge limitations for professional designers however. I must say I admire those who can do the html and design coding themselves with Notepad, and works without the need for commercial software.
MM357
after using frontpage, then dreamwaver, and then nvu ... and some other ones, I discovered that it is better to turn to some more design power.

One feels more powerful when using a text editor with, and even more when using shell (command line) based text editor,
maybe U don't like these things, I used to hate them when I was using windows, I believe Windows(R) Smile makes us lazy and encourage us to do things without enough knowledge

forgive me if this is a bit out of topic, but I believe it is not about what is "easier" .. it is about what is better for me and my work, and if so I think using a text editor like notepad in windows is better, and using a shell based text editor like vim in Linux is even more better

Happy coding Smile (or even happy computing)
ssweat
try coffeecup visual site designer very easy to use and get professional results great addons including shopping cart creator, webcam, live, chat etc....I use it alot on my sites, you dont need to really know about html. Great for beginners.
rjraaz
Adobe Dreamweaver is excellent software for web designing you can first use its trial of 30 days then can purchase it.