FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

if only we could see..

smit_alumni
we call ourselves civilized.And we camouflage our identities.we use pretence to make up for what shows on our countenance.we cannot go beyond ourselves.we cannot even think beynd what the world"self" suggests".it is a pity to our community of being the smartest species on the planet.that we donot care about our own people.we cannot feel, we cannot respond,we cannot go out of our way to do something for the better.we can just back and shut our eyes from reality.we even close the doors of feelings.
the only thing, we the automatons do is think of different ways of extracting the good, and leave nothing for others to have.may be today we should change the definition of conscience,because that has nothing to do with us.the new breed of human beings can only spend their resources on unnecessary luxuries.when we see someone starving we turn our back and leave.when we see someone dying of some disease that is curable, we donot even think about helping ,let alone doing anything more than that.we cannot even help a blind walk few steps.we cannot give hand to a handicapped person.we can just go on being ignorant.ignorant of what's happening around us.ignorant of what should be happening.we are just becoming more n more mechanical,devoid of sanity.
if only we could see..we could change the way things are today for a better tomorrow..for a better world..
Hogwarts
smit_alumni wrote:
for a better world..

World works quite fine for me. I'd rather not break that Rolling Eyes
deanhills
@it_alumni. That sounds a bit hopeless to me. Why not accept you cannot change any of that, you can only change yourself and if all of this bugs you, do your own bit to change it. My aunt's best friend is like that. She turns her TV completely off, including the main plug every time to save electricity. She believes if everyone in the world would do that, even with taking so little electricity, there would still be savings. She is careful how she deals with her garbage, meticulously so. Glass goes with glass, cans in another. She even cleans those containers before she puts it in the garbage. She does not use plastic bags, only a special bag that she takes to the shops. Her relationship with others is always upbeat. Not overdone either. Bottomline, it is how we feel inside ourselves and what we do with it that will make the difference. Trying to fixate on the world and what needs to be changed in it, and who should be doing the changes, is a good recipe for feeling hopeless and depressed about the world.
ankitdatashn
smit_alumni wrote:
we call ourselves civilized.And we camouflage our identities.we use pretence to make up for what shows on our countenance.we cannot go beyond ourselves.we cannot even think beynd what the world"self" suggests".it is a pity to our community of being the smartest species on the planet.that we donot care about our own people.we cannot feel, we cannot respond,we cannot go out of our way to do something for the better.we can just back and shut our eyes from reality.we even close the doors of feelings.
the only thing, we the automatons do is think of different ways of extracting the good, and leave nothing for others to have.may be today we should change the definition of conscience,because that has nothing to do with us.the new breed of human beings can only spend their resources on unnecessary luxuries.when we see someone starving we turn our back and leave.when we see someone dying of some disease that is curable, we donot even think about helping ,let alone doing anything more than that.we cannot even help a blind walk few steps.we cannot give hand to a handicapped person.we can just go on being ignorant.ignorant of what's happening around us.ignorant of what should be happening.we are just becoming more n more mechanical,devoid of sanity.
if only we could see..we could change the way things are today for a better tomorrow..for a better world..

Hey I think you are one of my clone, I too think likewise and I think giving more and expecting little is what is needed, what is wrong with helping others, why always self I me myself.....?
donkeyb
Hogwarts wrote:
smit_alumni wrote:
for a better world..

World works quite fine for me. I'd rather not break that Rolling Eyes

Absolutely agree with you:D World is nice enough for me to enjoy
ninjakannon
smit_alumni, everything you say "we cannot" do, "we" do everyday. Not everyone does the good things you wish they would but surely you understand that "we" haven't changed. Surely, you understand that people have and probably always will be just the same.

Quote:
if only we could see..we could change the way things are today for a better tomorrow..

You see, I get what you're saying, a lot of people see. Not everyone will see or understand what you are saying - many because they aren't made aware of it. Still, nothing will change. Is that really a bad thing? (Think carefully about that.)
Denvis
Quote:
we call ourselves civilized.

we are, we're just morally impaired.

I don't see the point in this. Are you trying to raise awareness? If you claim that we, the 6.8 billion people do what you said (not help people because we don't want to). There's no point in restating what we know, because we're not doing anything about it. I don't know what world you live in but my world is fine. Fine with all its impurity and imperfections.

I think you should stop looking at the bad side of life and be more optimistic. We live in an flawed imperfect world where we built our very society based on corruption, greed and evil. There are BOUND to be a jerk in a crowd, there always is. If you have a problem with anything, it's your own responsibility to make it change, to fix it in a sense. If you can't do that, deal with the problem and try to make the best of the situation.

I find it very offensive when people like you, state things based on YOUR own individual experience and opinion. Things of which are:

Quote:
it is a pity to our community of being the smartest species on the planet.that we donot care about our own people.we cannot feel, we cannot respond,we cannot go out of our way to do something for the better.we can just back and shut our eyes from reality.

Why? Because I'm not apart of the group you defined it as that of which "donot care about our own people" and I'm sure there are millions of others that aren't too. Sure, there are times where I see a homeless man on the street and I turn and a blind eye, who's to say they haven't? But we're human we're not errorless as you want us to be. Your own world, my world, our world... is based on what we, but more important YOU make it, if YOU think it's crap then it's YOUR fault and YOUR responsibility to change it, thus changing YOUR perception.
HalfBloodPrince
smit_alumni wrote:

People these days, huh! Prior to 1900 the world was just like...erm...Robin Hood right! You know, fairy dust, happy people, feasts, helping everyone out, having sex in the forest. Then we discovered electricity and it aaaallllll went to hell! Us humans eh, ignorant machines, being made evil by the MAN. Either...

a.) Get the hell off of David Icke's website
b.) You're having some meta-spiritual/religious phase that I hope you get past and don't try becoming a martyr
c.) You need a girlfriend
Arty
smit_alumni wrote:

That's a rather negative view on everything. Try looking at it from a more humanistic perspective.