FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music Chart Site - Feedback needed

richard270384
Updated 8 September 2010 - Please take another look and let me know what you think.

____

So I've just relaunched one of my sites ITunes Music Chart Archive. (I've moved to a new server as well - If you see a top sites list then DNS isn't resolving properly for you yet, so please leave it a few hours and try again).

There are basically 4 different types of pages on the site which you'd need to look at - Home page, country/genre page, song page, and artist page.

I know the layout isn't fantastic, and the homepage definitely needs some work. I'm mainly looking for feedback on:

• any problems or inconsistent data that you see,
  • ideas on data which I could extract from the charts -> like biggest moving songs which I already have,
  • usability suggestions.

Of course any feedback is always appreciated.
Asap170
That's pretty impressive I like it! I would love to see that script for it. If you did that by yourself good job!
richard270384
Yeah did it by myself - It's not really that complicated.

I'd still class it as a work in progress, and there are some bugs that I've noticed, but I think it will be a really useful tool for the right people. I just need to find more bits of information that I can extract from the data that I'm collecting.

The sites only been up for about 10 days, and traffic has more than doubled. I've also had about 3 or 4 new back links from people using it as a reference in various places on the net - so i'm pretty happy... just a shame I have so much other work to do that I can't give this the attention it needs right now.
Parkour_Jarrod
Very nice scripting, but i do have some suggestions (i only looked at Australia because i am Australian) but, your divs seem to sit wrongly almost multi-leveled.

i would show a screenshot but for some reason i can't upload it to any hosts.

Also, your Genre's seem to be lacking Metal, Indi, Punk and Dance.

Not sure if you can get your hands on those, but as i listen to Metal and Punk I would find it useful.
richard270384
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
Very nice scripting, but i do have some suggestions (i only looked at Australia because i am Australian) but, your divs seem to sit wrongly almost multi-leveled.

Not sure if you can get your hands on those, but as i listen to Metal and Punk I would find it useful.

I'm Australian too - from Sydney.

If you can email me the screenshot, let me know and I'll pm you my email address. I run linux most of the time, so I've only tested the site a little bit in IE. I know there are a few problems which I'll get to at some point. I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I think it's IE's inability to handle inline-block's.

I had a look at the genres. Dance should have been there as a genre - I must've accidently deleted it at some point. I'll look at adding dance back in, but I'll need to fix some other stuff up because that chart will have a different start date to the other charts.

I just double-checked the ITunes website, and ITunes doesn't release charts for the metal and Punk genres at the moment. It's funny though, because they release charts for 'childrens music' and 'fitness and workout'...

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty pleased with the site, so i'll be putting a lot of work into it... It seems other people are liking it to. Visits have been slowly going up every day. 600+ unique visitors yesterday, 500 the day before, 350 for a few days before that Smile
richard270384
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:

FYI - Dance charts are now available.
Parkour_Jarrod
richard270384 wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:

Ahh coolios, i would show you the screenshot but its on a different computer, its 1240x1024 this is 1376x768
richard270384
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:
richard270384 wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:

Ahh coolios, i would show you the screenshot but its on a different computer, its 1240x1024 this is 1376x768

I've fiddled around with a few things. As far as I can tell, the only problem with IE at the moment is the drop down country selection menu.

Still looking for more feedback from anyone who is interested in giving me some.
richard270384
OK... soooo....

New layout.. more info....

Take a look and please tell me what you think.

Don't be afraid to become a fan on Facebook if you see some value in my site, tweet about it, or bookmark it.
the-guide
So COOL... I like your site very much. That's one of very nice chart and easy looks, have to bookmark your music chart right now. Thanks for sharing. Smile
richard270384
And yet again....

Brand new layout, improved search functionality, faster page loads, and the new 'chart selector' tool makes it much quicker to find what you want.

Let me know what you think!