FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


4 Problems





phileplanet
I have a HP Windows XP Media Center Edition PC. I'm not 100% sure of what year it is but it might be 2002.

Problem 1 (Solved)

I have an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X which is supposed to be the tool I use to send a signal from my computer to my TV via RCA cables. There's and options that i'm supposed t click which is called "Cloned", that sends the signal out. I recently did a Windows Update and now that optiosn is gone.[/Solved]

Problem 2:
When I watch TV with Media Center, the audio comes out high-pitched. The video is the same or slightly faster, but the people talk like they've swallowed helium.

Problem 3:
When I used to watch TV with Arcsoft Showbiz, (Software included with the PC) It would record perfectly. Now, I can still watch and hit record but nothing happens. The record button is pressed and the TV is playing with sound but the timer is still and nothing is recording.

Problem 4:
I have a Lexmark X74-75 "Multi-Function" Printer/Copier/Scanner. There was this bug that kept happening where the printing function would stop working. I fiddled with a couple of things and eventually, it would start working again. Now it's not working anymore and i'm left with just a scanner. It says there's a problem with the spooler or something.

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I could give you some $FriH if you want Very Happy
Summer
Im sry I cant help . I never heard of these problems in Media Center Edition b4 . I thought Media Center Edition is a nice edition ....??
babumuchhala
Well mainly all faults come in due to Malwares.

DO a complete Virus Scan, Spyware Adware scan (use Spybot S&D, AdAware & MS Antispyware all three) and also use Registry Mechanics & CCleaner to clean up all registry & other crap of ur Media Center.

Then do udate all your hardware drivers from the respective sites. Like nVida & Lexmark.

If it repairs all your problems well and good.

If not do a format. as last option.

One more thing if its HP bbought in 2002 then it should be under warranty of 3 years. If so eat out their head, they will solve it for u Smile
Deji
Problem 1: its possible that either 1) you are using older drivers that dont have the option or 2)if you are sure your using the very recent drivers that you are using there might be a bug in them...

(fresh from a friends LJ)

"Annoyingly, I couldn't get my TV-Out to work again, despite it being the exact hardware and drivers as before the install. Turned out it was a problem with the latest drivers, so isntalling some older ones fixed it. Annoying though."

unsure if thats an Nvidea card but if it is..

1) Try the most recent drivers for your card
1)a: plug the Svideo cable in
1)b: turn on tv
1)c: restart the computer

if it doesnt pick up the TV / clone it properly then try to find some older drivers.

http://www.driverguide.com/

is very useful but requires you to sign up... but its worth it
phileplanet
Deji wrote:
Problem 1: its possible that either 1) you are using older drivers that dont have the option or 2)if you are sure your using the very recent drivers that you are using there might be a bug in them...

(fresh from a friends LJ)

"Annoyingly, I couldn't get my TV-Out to work again, despite it being the exact hardware and drivers as before the install. Turned out it was a problem with the latest drivers, so isntalling some older ones fixed it. Annoying though."

unsure if thats an Nvidea card but if it is..

1) Try the most recent drivers for your card
1)a: plug the Svideo cable in
1)b: turn on tv
1)c: restart the computer

if it doesnt pick up the TV / clone it properly then try to find some older drivers.

http://www.driverguide.com/

is very useful but requires you to sign up... but its worth it


Thanks a lot for that website! There are so many drivers and I found mine. I still have a problem though. The clone option is there (along with this new "Dualview" option i've never heard of) but it still wont "go" to my tv. I even tried switching the displays between my copmuter and my tv which ended up in me getting "locked out" of my copmuter because I coudn't see what's going on.

*Edit
It works fine now. Thanks!

1 down 3 to go Very Happy
Deji
Quote:
Problem 2:
When I watch TV with Media Center, the audio comes out high-pitched. The video is the same or slightly faster, but the people talk like they've swallowed helium.


is is possibly some kinda Region setting (almost like regions on DVD) maybe it is expecting things to be american format instead of a europe one or something.

check in the settings and check it isnt set to a different country ...

tbh i dont know if that would help anything but it might be something like that.

glad you got the other problem sorted.

basicly try downloading newer versions of your software (or any updates that are available) maybe google for "Media Center audio isnt right" or similar and see if you find anything

try www.techsupportforum.com see if there is anything there.
phileplanet
Deji wrote:

is is possibly some kinda Region setting (almost like regions on DVD) maybe it is expecting things to be american format instead of a europe one or something.

check in the settings and check it isnt set to a different country ...

tbh i dont know if that would help anything but it might be something like that.

glad you got the other problem sorted.

basicly try downloading newer versions of your software (or any updates that are available) maybe google for "Media Center audio isnt right" or similar and see if you find anything

try www.techsupportforum.com see if there is anything there.


Actually I did a Windows Update recently and it still didn't work. I can use a program to split & join the video & audio tracks together. In that process, it returns to normal pitch. I just don't want to do that for all 59 recorded shows.
Donutey
what model specifically is your mce pc? and company?
Check to see if your Harddrive is full/ run disk cleanup. I'm not sure how to do this on WMCE but should be something like my computer, then Drive "C" and right click on that and find properties...
phileplanet
Donutey wrote:
what model specifically is your mce pc? and company?
Check to see if your Harddrive is full/ run disk cleanup. I'm not sure how to do this on WMCE but should be something like my computer, then Drive "C" and right click on that and find properties...


I'm not sure but I think it's 2002 and the company is HP. My HD has 25 gigs left and i've done the cleanup many times. I was at a point where I had about 500Mb left but I got an external hard drive and there's more space now.
phileplanet
Does it matter that it is from hp?
Deji
phileplanet wrote:
Does it matter that it is from hp?


probably not no as it sounds more like a software issue than a hardware one.

maybe check the settings and see if its encoding it into a weird format or something.
phileplanet
Deji wrote:

probably not no as it sounds more like a software issue than a hardware one.

maybe check the settings and see if its encoding it into a weird format or something.


It encodes the video in dvr-ms format. Like I said earlier, if I split the a/v tracks and re-merge them, it plays properly. I just have too many shows to remux.
phileplanet
Anybody have solutions for 2-4?
xorcist
I have the same thing with the media with the tv I dont know if I have the same one as you but all I did was mess around with the back where you plug in the cables and messed aroud with the volume plugins (mines was echoing) Try reinstalling it/
phileplanet
xorcist wrote:
I have the same thing with the media with the tv I dont know if I have the same one as you but all I did was mess around with the back where you plug in the cables and messed aroud with the volume plugins (mines was echoing) Try reinstalling it/


If you're reffering to problem 2, I don't think it's a cable problem because when I used to record with AcrSoft Showbiz, it was fine. It was also in mpeg format. But after some period of time, it just went high-pitched.
yjwong
Problem 4. Print Spooler.

Check that your print spooler service is running.

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and look for "Print Spooler".
phileplanet
yjwong wrote:
Problem 4. Print Spooler.

Check that your print spooler service is running.

Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and look for "Print Spooler".


The spooler service is working. I know because I am using a backup printer for the time being. It couldn'ts print without the spooler running.
Aelita
First of all. OMG IM SCARED OF THAT SIG IT KNOWS MORE ABOUT MY COMP THAN I DO!

And now on to my solution advice...uninstall the program virus spyware weep and check your codecs. the sound problem maybe coming from the codecs I have the same problem woth some of my anime shows i have on my comp, but I dont change the codecs cuz im too lazy, but I know that the problem with me. You may be having the same issue. make sure you have divx installed and check more than one DVD to be sure, THATS FOR THE SOUND I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE OTHER PROBLEMS!
phileplanet
Aelita wrote:

And now on to my solution advice...uninstall the program virus spyware weep and check your codecs. the sound problem maybe coming from the codecs I have the same problem woth some of my anime shows i have on my comp, but I dont change the codecs cuz im too lazy, but I know that the problem with me. You may be having the same issue. make sure you have divx installed and check more than one DVD to be sure, THATS FOR THE SOUND I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE OTHER PROBLEMS!


I don't understand what you want me to do exactly.
Related topics
if your operating system has problems..
problems with FTP
CSS Problems + Cache control
i have an ecs k7s5a pro with problems..[ ..::SOLVED::.. ]
Windows Movie Maker problems.
Need Help : Dreamweaver sessions
Biowindows® Xp Vision™ DVD Svcpack 4 XXL [porjoderunrato]
Internet browsing problems
Quake 4 setup problems
FTP Problems Continuing :(
The latest version of girlfriend 4.0 Beta
too much time on my hands
Server 4 problems (17-20-01-2012)
I have been away and returned to no FTP ( FileZilla)
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Computer Problems and Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.