FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are pay-per-lead/sale programs dead?

littlegiant
I'm not sure where to post this exactly so I'll try here.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on pay-per-lead or pay-per-sale affiliate programs? I recently heard someone say these kind of programs are dead and that pay-per-click programs like Google Adsense are the only way to go.

I'm in the midst of researching this and would appreciate any input. One thought that immediately comes to mind is that pay-per-lead programs depend on cookies and I think surfers these days are just a little too hip to be keeping cookies around on the comps for too long.

Any thoughts?
Bondings
For sure, pay per lead programs are still paying. However for general sites, adsense might be better.

Let's say you have a hosting review site and the links to those hosts are referral links. Most likely you will get some money if one of your visitors buys that hosting.
littlegiant
Yes I think perhaps I was suckered in by the old "they say it can't be done because they couldn't do it" syndrome. One thing for sure is that some of these pay-per-lead programs sure sport some hefty payouts. I think I'm going to give it a try.
Balkanboy
For pay per sale programs you have to own very popular site. In that case if your site isn't too general topic this is your better choice, but in other cases adsense is the best. Maybe some cpm programs are best if you have lots of page impressions.
I run adsense on my site http://www.eccentrix.com/members/chempics/ and month ago I signed up for posters selling affiliate program but I havent earned single cent so far. Probably 200-300 uniques per day isn't enough.