FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lowest points on Frihost

Raidation
What's your lowest point number?
I haven't visited for a couple months.
Very Happy
And I'm still hosted. <.<
Razz
ocalhoun
Memberlist.php says 'Thug' has the lowest points (with -1,246.63) ... quite impressive.

Sorting the memberlist by lowest points brings back some memories...
SunburnedCactus, JackHammer, Captain Fertile, OutlawSpirit... Good times.
Makes me feel old. Anybody else remember these guys?
Helios
I remember some of them.
If I had the power, I'd kick the guys who have such low points. Filter the member list a little bit.
Usually we 'forgive' people with low points who have gone missing for various good reasons - that's cool with me, but there are people who have quit and will never be back to use their hosting, and there are people who have negative points (ie don't post) and are still hosted for no good reason.
deanhills
Agreed. The list is badly in need of filtering. Especially those who joined and have not posted. On the other hand, if one has lots of time available, it is interesting to work through people joining on a year by year basis. There is a completely unedited record to study from the beginning of time.
goutha
Raidation wrote:
What's your lowest point number?
I haven't visited for a couple months.
Very Happy
And I'm still hosted. <.<
Razz

Maybe that with your message, you'll not remain hosted for a long time Smile
Raidation
yeah, I realize that, but I haven't been webmastering for a while.
But I'm back now.
Smile
spring567
It is a long time since last logon to frihost . My Points: -135.03 .
soljarag
ha, whenever I get the "low post" email warning it always reminds me to visit this site.... my lowest points was like -8.6
Vrythramax
ocalhoun wrote:
... Sorting the memberlist by lowest points brings back some memories...

Yes, I remember them, and those do seem to have been the "Good Times". I can also remember (more than) a few that have fallen along the wayside...by being banned Laughing

Anyone remember Gonzo?

Now there was someone who could, and would, flame anyone on any topic!

How about mike1reynolds or S3nd K3ys?
nam_siddharth
Vrythramax wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

Yes, I remember them, and those do seem to have been the "Good Times". I can also remember (more than) a few that have fallen along the wayside...by being banned Laughing

Anyone remember Gonzo?

How about mike1reynolds or S3nd K3ys?

Yes I remember them. Gonzo was probably banned for hosting illegal materials. S3nd K3ys was a Ultra US nationalist and was famous for flaming muslims. mike1reynolds was critical to all religions.
bjluo
yeah, I realize that
milleja46
Wow it suprises me what people do to get banned, and that some of you are still hosted, i have only gone below twice, and that was at a little under -5 points Embarassed so not there now! Very Happy
Vrythramax
milleja46 wrote:
Wow it suprises me what people do to get banned, and that some of you are still hosted, i have only gone below twice, and that was at a little under -5 points Embarassed so not there now! Very Happy

It actually takes quite a lot to get banned, we are a very forgiving sort around here...sometimes Twisted Evil
milleja46
Well the people who get banned are just idiots, i really think a system of rules similiar to what is on my site's forums should be implemented here. People should know how to control themeselves i can do it very well except for a few cases but whatever
desonium
I have the idea: They host my website every day, so the least thing I can do is visit the site every day Cool
Even in my exam year, in which I am now, I can almost find every day a little gap to visit the site and post on some threads Very Happy
And it is good for my english writing and thinking skills Cool In my exam I have to read english texts for 3 hours and answer questions about them Cool

And to stay a bit on the topic I dont remember any of this names, because I am not a member for a long time now Confused Or is a year and 2 months long in frihost terms?
Ghost900
I remember Captain Fertile, the others don't ring a bell.

The most I have gone below is -7 points I think.

Have these people slipped through the cracks or is it rare that people lose hosting.
milleja46
I think it's both sometimes, i am just glad i am able now that i am actually having something on my site, can stay above the negative's on this site's forums...... Very Happy
TurtleShell
I used to have the maximum number of points, all the time--but in the last year that's really slipped. Is it really possible that I'm more busy than I ever have been? I think I've only allowed it to go as low as -5, but I feel bad whenever I get that email.
jabce85
Only something like -15..... apparently i didn't get a reminder email @ the -10 and nearly wet myself bc i thought my site was coming down..... i love you frihost!!!
TurtleShell
I second that--I LOVE YOU FRIHOST too! I don't know what I would have done if I'd had to pay for my hosting--probably not gotten into webdesign, for starters. I don't tend to get into things that involve a financial investment because I--ahem--have nothing to invest.
Jamatu
-295ish I think is my lowest point! Not sure what trouble I'm getting myself into here by announcing that as I'm still around the same figure!

I remember S3nd K3ys from wayyyy back, didn't he have a goofy cartoon character for his profile picture?
crossroads
I have ran into the times of being around -20 points at one time and I some times have a really hard time just being able to get posts at times because I dont really have the time or either something to even talk about but Im always worried about losing the hosting I have for our church website.
milleja46
There are alot of things to talk about here you just have to pay attention, i have found it hard sometimes, but that was becuase i never looked....just look at me now
evaristobh
eu tamben to querendo aprender a saber oq e isso?

estou com algumas duvidas mas so tem nego gringo aki --'
andysart380
dang...i freak if im like -1..lol
anakin_skyrunner
desonium wrote:
I have the idea: They host my website every day, so the least thing I can do is visit the site every day Cool
Even in my exam year, in which I am now, I can almost find every day a little gap to visit the site and post on some threads Very Happy
And it is good for my english writing and thinking skills Cool In my exam I have to read english texts for 3 hours and answer questions about them Cool [...]

I couldn't have said it better.
I think the system is really fair concerning the things offered in return. I don't know any other platform of this kind with equal/comparable services and I'm happy I discovered it!

@topic: I think my "record" is 0 ... and that was when I created my account^^
ProwerBot
On a different account I had here (I forgot what one) I had like negative four-hundred something.
medesignz
HAHA... I have had a warning for not posting in 5 days I think... these people must be getting warnings left right and center!
milleja46
Well, if you guys would check back and see if there is anything to post on, it would not get as bad as you guys get it. Shesh, how hard could it be to think of something and post?
guissmo
Helios wrote:
I remember some of them.
If I had the power, I'd kick the guys who have such low points. Filter the member list a little bit.
Usually we 'forgive' people with low points who have gone missing for various good reasons - that's cool with me, but there are people who have quit and will never be back to use their hosting, and there are people who have negative points (ie don't post) and are still hosted for no good reason.

Yeah. It's a good thing you 'forgive' people. As long as they're not doing something bad with their hosting. Some people just have RL catch up with them. Smile
medesignz
what is RL?
paskifire
-5 was may lowest points
paul_indo
I am -296 now but I just got back a few months ago after having no internet for over a year.

You should remember not everyone on the site is in a developed country with cheap easy internet access. I moved house and have no cable tv or internet now and it took over a year before the phone company could give me a phone line. before that I tried using my handphone as a modem but costs were too high.

Finaly I got my connection again with ADSL I got my points up a bit but haven't posted again lately.
I really only want to keep on freehost to keep my email accounts as I don't use the web hosting any more. Should delete my site I guess, it,s only a few megabytes though.
medesignz
uh oh! You did a double post! HAHA...

I would hate to think what would happen if my net got cut off, or just didnt work... It would be like the film Waterworld
standready
I have never been below zero or even close to zero since I started here. After all, posting here is so little to ask for top quality hosting.
I do remember a few of those banned members.
Donutey
Just a few seconds ago I had -5, that's about the worst I've ever had... it's hard to continue posting when I have a VPS I should be moving my site to.
Crinoid
-8 for me. Resumed posting after receiving warning email. I deleted website long time ago and requested closing my hosting, was sure that my connection with Frihost was completely severed Smile . They are a very good host, best I ever had, by the way.
Apparently account at this forum is a separate thing. Started posting again, for the time being, why not.
milleja46
It's been so long since i have gone under, but i think this posting thing is a great idea if you think about it, it's kinda like paying without forking out cash....
speeDemon
around -18 I think..
Helios
Going into low negatives is generally not a problem if you had been a good poster before you stopped posting (for a good enough reason), unless you're actually not posting any more at all... also then we wait for a pretty long period before closing the hosting.

You shouldn't worry, just keep posting and using the forums Smile
Bring your friends too! Razz
mk12327
guissmo wrote:
Helios wrote:
I remember some of them.

Yeah. It's a good thing you 'forgive' people. As long as they're not doing something bad with their hosting. Some people just have RL catch up with them. Smile

I do have to agree and be very grateful that Frihost is very forgiving. For me, if i'm not wrong my lowest is -20 over, which is during times when i was too busy with my real life to even have the time to go online. My apologies for being inactive at times, and thanks a lot for the great service!
mk12327
milleja46 wrote:
It's been so long since i have gone under, but i think this posting thing is a great idea if you think about it, it's kinda like paying without forking out cash....

Basically it is something like free online games, but even better! Most free online games use the concept of time vs money. Meaning most people who cannot or do not wish to spend money have to spend time in exchange for stuff in games such as equipments, game credits, game features etc. For Frihost, it is about spending time to create quality posts in exchange for free hosting.
Donutey
I'm at the lowest points right now (-25) that I've ever been.
milleja46
wow never got that low because i'm too scared to go that low, need my site too much right now.......
mazito
some time ago i was -15 but was due to a time without internet conection, but now i try to keep all time up to 45, i have more than a year over 40´s Wink

with this i earned my day points
goutha
paul_indo wrote:
I am -296 now but I just got back a few months ago after having no internet for over a year.

Seriously, I can't imagine being without internet for over a year... It happened at home for a few days because of a technical problem, and I became like crazy. Fortunately, I have Internet at work.

Now, being in a developing country I can understand that it can happen. I know that in some countries it takes years before having a phone line, and more to have internet. After all, I think that you have been lucky to get your internet after waiting only one year Wink
milleja46
I couldn't stand not having internet, i would go absoulutly crazy! I will never let my points drop like they did a long time ago! i'm glad they are as gracious as they are, with the points thing, i would of lost my site several times!
soljarag
andysart380 wrote:

Ha, well your at -17 right now, so you must be really freaking...

I'm at -10 right now... guess i better find some interesting topics to post at! I'm going to try to get to +10 today... that way i have some time before I am in the negative again
ankitdatashn
andysart380 wrote:

I second you completely on that, the mail from frihost is like a heart attack and I at once login to revamp my points. Exams and busy time is always a real frightful situation for me but somewhere down my heart I do believe Frihost is not so bad!
Captain Fertile
ocalhoun wrote:
Memberlist.php says 'Thug' has the lowest points (with -1,246.63) ... quite impressive.

Well here I am, back like the proverbial bad penny with a cracking minus point score of -881.72!!! Woohoo! :O)

(BTW I never posted for hosting,I just loved the forums here)
achowles
I've dipped into the negatives a couple of times recently. Which is unfortunate as normally I'm quite good as keeping my points topped up. But sometimes you just get too busy to remember everything.
achowles
Captain Fertile wrote:

Well here I am, back like the proverbial bad penny with a cracking minus point score of -881.72!!! Woohoo! :O)

Are you still hosted? O_o
Captain Fertile
achowles wrote:
Captain Fertile wrote:

Are you still hosted? O_o

According to my account, yes. Although I removed the site from the server years ago.
Aredon
Sometimes my points dip negative because I'm too busy to post, but I always try to come back occasionally to insure they don't dip too low, and catch up with my fellow frihosters!

Vrythramax wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

Anyone remember Gonzo?

Wasn't Gonzo the angry guy with the like, muppet-looking avatar, that got banned?
achowles
Captain Fertile wrote:
According to my account, yes. Although I removed the site from the server years ago.

The lack of site might explain why you're below their radar. Although at this point it would be better to delete and create a new account if you wanted back in anyway.
David_Pardy
I used to be a lot more active on here but over the last 18 months or so I've lost a lot of interest in participating in Internet forums... Real life is far more interesting to me and I much prefer to play games than to get involved in boring debates Wink.

I don't think I've allowed my points to go below -30, but they're consistently below 0 these days. Honestly though, I'm not that fussed anymore, it's not like my website gets much traffic and Myspace and Facebook are becoming far better mediums for musicians and bands these days anyway.

That being said, I've lost interest in becoming a full time professional drummer, so this situation becomes irrelevant anyway!

All the same, every month or so I think "Gee, I better get my points back up" but I just don't care most of the time now.
deanhills
David_Pardy wrote:
I used to be a lot more active on here but over the last 18 months or so I've lost a lot of interest in participating in Internet forums... Real life is far more interesting to me and I much prefer to play games than to get involved in boring debates Wink.
I always wonder when someone says this, as though those who do like to participate in Forums, don't have a life! Don't get me wrong, I'm not insulted by this. I'm happy you are enjoying what you are doing. From a health point of view sports is probably more constructive, than spending too much time in front of the Internet, however, I do enjoy Frihost, and not for lack of having anything else in my life. No doubt one day I may find other pursuits, like you have, as one changes all the time, or I may still be posting, as along the lines I have developed a certain loyalty to Frihost as well. As one would develop with a friend that you have known for a while. But posting regularly in Frihost really does not mean I don't have a life. It only means that I genuinely like posting with Frihost.
ProfessorY91
Ahhh, such a relevant topic. This is the lowest I've ever been (somewhere around -35). I'm still hosted (thank god), I believe I unintentionally ignored the low post emails (or didn't get them)... I do apologize for that, thank you for having such a fair and forgiving system. Frihost really strikes me as one of the most ingenious approaches to free hosting - a trade-off that I'm definitely willing to make. I simply got caught up in finals week (around the time I dropped into the negatives) and didn't manage to post, so I'm really grateful that my site didn't get taken down, although y'all would have been well within your rights. So, thanks! I strongly advocate not filtering the memberlist, and continuing with whatever system is in place now. Its nice for those who make the occasional slip.
David_Pardy
Dean - I was not intending to imply that people who spend time actively participating on forums have no lives, but that I am doing different things in my life now than what I was a couple of years back Wink.
deanhills
David_Pardy wrote:
Dean - I was not intending to imply that people who spend time actively participating on forums have no lives, but that I am doing different things in my life now than what I was a couple of years back Wink.
Thanks. That is good to know David and I was not offended. I'm glad you're enjoying your pursuits.
milleja46
Still funny to see some of these users that are posting in this topic, they are lower than i'll ever get in my points especially since i really don't want to lose my site right now, since i am gonna start trying soon to add some stuff to make my site look like less of a retard of a site, and maybe even add a music section once i learn how to play my guitar, so i can add a song i wrote.
Captain Fertile
Back again and just checked my points tally and it stands at -1477.79 Points

Hmmm, maybe I will do my best to get that back to a more decent number. How long do you think it will take me?
deanhills
Captain Fertile wrote:
Back again and just checked my points tally and it stands at -1477.79 Points

Hmmm, maybe I will do my best to get that back to a more decent number. How long do you think it will take me?
I've just been working my way through history in an attempt to find a missing Avatar (I'm participating in Peterssidan's Match the Avatar Contest), and then bumped into your avatar from time to time. Great to see you posting again!

By the way if you check inside your Account there is a link in there: Points Reset Request - where you can request a reset of your points. Smile
Aredon
deanhills wrote:

By the way if you check inside your Account there is a link in there: Points Reset Request - where you can request a reset of your points. Smile
this is probably the wise thing to do with a point count that low. I haven't yet done it as I don't really consider my negative point count to be in DIRE need of a reset.
rjraaz
deanhills wrote:

But i do not think so that administrators will allow to reset that much large amount of negative points. But may possible if user have good reputation over here.
deanhills
rjraaz wrote:
deanhills wrote:

But i do not think so that administrators will allow to reset that much large amount of negative points. But may possible if user have good reputation over here.
I don't agree. Captain Fertile has made a great contribution in terms of number of posts. I'm almost certain he will be welcomed with open arms, provided there are Mods around to do so. Another option is to ask Bondings directly either in the Support Forum or by PM. Cool
spinout
HA! I knew the point was a fake system!

With the reset function, well one can go abroad and still have a life when you get bacik.
deanhills
spinout wrote:
HA! I knew the point was a fake system!

With the reset function, well one can go abroad and still have a life when you get bacik.
Well, I'd say if you were Spinout, then "yes". Speaking for myself I'd say you've earned some good credentials with being around as regularly as you have been as well as a good sized number of posts. Hopefully that would not happen as I'd miss your posts .... Twisted Evil
abhizz
I think -7 point is my best lowest one Very Happy ! Every warning mail made me to post more
deanhills
It was quite a novelty for me to have a minus score in September/October. For me being below 45 as well feels kind'a like a minus too. Like I'm slipping or something.
speeDemon
deanhills wrote:
It was quite a novelty for me to have a minus score in September/October. For me being below 45 as well feels kind'a like a minus too. Like I'm slipping or something.

Shocked I can't possibly believe that! Deanhills in -ve?!! haha, it's almost as probable as the apocalypse!
Aredon
deanhills wrote:
rjraaz wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I don't agree. Captain Fertile has made a great contribution in terms of number of posts. I'm almost certain he will be welcomed with open arms, provided there are Mods around to do so. Another option is to ask Bondings directly either in the Support Forum or by PM. Cool

Yeah I'm with dean on this one, Captain has been around for a long while. I really doubt they're going to tell him no. Why would anyone want to alienate contributing members? (hint: you wouldn't)
deanhills
speeDemon wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Shocked I can't possibly believe that! Deanhills in -ve?!! haha, it's almost as probable as the apocalypse!
Excellent analogy speeDemon! Laughing
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
speeDemon wrote:
deanhills wrote:

If it happens there will be an intervention! We'll come find you! Smile
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:
speeDemon wrote:
deanhills wrote:

If it happens there will be an intervention! We'll come find you! Smile
Shocked Laughing Looks as though I'd better keep my points above 45 points then. Twisted Evil
mukesh
my lowest points was about -93 a month ago.
deanhills
mukesh wrote:
my lowest points was about -93 a month ago.
Wow. Great that you got it up again .... almost into positive territory. Smile
medesignz
How can you have low points and still be posting on the forums?

I thought you'd get a ban if you went as minus points
deanhills
medesignz wrote:
How can you have low points and still be posting on the forums?

I thought you'd get a ban if you went as minus points
As long as you don't break the TOS, your account is "A" OK. Only thing that happens when we are in zero points is that our Websites can get suspended. When we enter into the free Website deal we undertake to make a certain number of posts to keep the Website alive. If we break that undertaking, then the deal is it's supposed to get suspended. Bondings is very nice however. We'd have to be seriously in the minus territory before he will suspend our Websites. If our Website has been suspended, and we resume posting at Frihost and work on getting our points up again, we can ask for Website space again.
Blaster
ocalhoun wrote:

I remember them too... I feel ya with the whole feeling old thing... I remember when this place was hopping with replies and I never dropped below 45...
medesignz
Has it always been maximum 45pts? I wish we could just rack them up to a billion!