FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

age of empires

ajit
This game is really interesting. all we need to do is, we select any civilization and then we need to manage our civilization and stand till end. we have got four ages namely dark,feudal,castle and imperial. every time we advance the age our civilization becomes much more strong in every aspect.
Starrfoxx
Age of Empires is a great game, and it will always be one of my favorites along with Age 2 and 3. However, true credit goes to Sid Meier's Civilization. That game inspired the likes of SimCity and Age of Empires, and who knows what else?

Age is great, and I played that long before I ever touched Civilization. If you haven't played the original Civ, then I strongly recommend it. I started playing the original DOS version a couple of years ago, and I quickly learned why the game was such a hit. It is so addictive. Later I moved on to Civilization II, and just recently I started playing Civilization III. I do have IV, but I'm going to play with III before I move on to IV.

I see Civilization as a really detailed board game, where you take turns with your opponent. Age is not as detailed, however, it is played in real time so you must pay attention at all times.
camperkid
Age of Empires is indeed a great series, and so is the spin-off Age of Mythology and it's expansion. I like how every game goes a step forward in time. We had age1 that was in ancient times, then we had age2 that was in the middle ages after the fall of the Roman empire, and finally age3 set in the 16th century and onwards where age 2 left off, with the conquest of the Americas. So perhaps the next game in the series will be set in the 19th century or even the beginning of the 20th century with world war 1 units Cool
Starrfoxx
There's an expansion to Age of Mythology? I thought it was the only game. And unfortunately, we probably will never see another Age game, because Microsoft closed the studio that was making it.
Iguleder
I like that series, but I find AOE2 with all its expansions the best. I like playing deathmatch with everything maxed out from the start, so you have all technology and all units.

The biggest fun is building a fortress with walls and gates, then gathering huge squads of units of different kinds, huge groups of catapults and trebuchets ... the fun starts once you open your gates and send your forces to do some hunting Wink
joostvane
If you haven't tried out playing Age Of Empires II online, you should do.

Most of the online multiplayer play maps Black Forrest or Arabia (mostly 2V2 or 1V1, but sometimes there are games that go 4V4). Most of them start in the last age, everything maxed. You should expect an attack within the first 2-3 minutes. Depending on how the game works out, it can be a 2 hour game or 5 minutes of intense fight and rushing. It is great to kill some time and have a lot of fun Very Happy
mugundhan
ajit wrote:
This game is really interesting. all we need to do is, we select any civilization and then we need to manage our civilization and stand till end. we have got four ages namely dark,feudal,castle and imperial. every time we advance the age our civilization becomes much more strong in every aspect.

From Ms this is a only game which is good
Radar
I wish this game was supported on more systems than it is. I repeatedly find myself struggling to make it work, somehow.